• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
It was definitely a loose fitting or leaky hydraulic line/slave cylinder causing this nasty mess...SNIP
unless you have personally examined the vehicle and are an expert at determining causes of fires, it is not "definite"

You SUSPECT.

Let's not get ahead of the facts in the situation. Yes, it's very concerning and I would hope that FMC is taking this extremely seriously.

Let's find out from the investigators what happened, and why. It might very well be exactly as you say, but it might be something else as well.

I am just glad everyone came out of the issue healthy and unhurt. Cars and property can be replaced, people and living things can't.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Recalls cost the company less than the downtime for a higher quality product.

accountants have it all priced inā€¦ itā€™s cheaper to keep the line running full speed and fix it laterā€¦ even if that ends in a mass recall.
Iā€™m usually not one to drag up old news, but Ford is the company that ran the numbers on the Pinto and pushed ahead anyway.

BreadBurner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
I had a Dodge Ram truck. The brake line near the master cylinder sprung a leak and the fluid was sent directly at the exhaust manifold. Fire ensued.

Point being, don't blame the clutch just because clutch fluid was involved. Wait for the 8D.
8D?

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
You guyā€™s realize that TESLA has a worse fire record than the pinto did ā€¦

just a weird old boomer stigma.

and Noā€¦. Most people donā€™t remember the pinto

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
What was wrong with the Pinto? I wasn't born when it existed
due to the cars design the gas tank was basically the entire crumple zone of the car, so if rear ended could and would burst into flames, there was multiple lawsuits and Ford had to pay a lot of money over it

keithwalton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Blue Ember Dark Horse on order, Mercedes SLC
An 8D is a tool used in failure analysis.
It's a 'problem solving' methodology for finding the 'root cause'
It'll likely use the 5why approach and 5w+2h(who, what,where,when,why,how,how many)

and funnily enough it originates from FORD!

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
What was wrong with the Pinto? I wasn't born when it existed
And nobody involved with it at Ford is still working there or even still alive. It's pretty weak to tie an engine bay fire to a design flaw that caused a fire in a rear end collision.

GM had a similar issue with side saddle fuel tanks placed outside the frame on pickups, but they were also unfairly vilified by some shady journalism.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
An 8D is a tool used in failure analysis.
It's a 'problem solving' methodology for finding the 'root cause'
It'll likely use the 5why approach and 5w+2h(who, what,where,when,why,how,how many)

and funnily enough it originates from FORD!
It (5W) did not originate at Ford. It was first described and used by Sakichi Toyoda, used at Toyota and in some military applications.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
And nobody involved with it at Ford is still working there or even still alive. It's pretty weak to tie an engine bay fire to a design flaw that caused a fire in a rear end collision.

GM had a similar issue with side saddle fuel tanks placed outside the frame on pickups, but they were also unfairly vilified by some shady journalism.
This is what happens when a thread runs its course. Thereā€™s nothing left to say on the original topic, for now, so we go off on non related tangents.