• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I have read in a couple of places that the Dark horse will have different additions to the interior.

Guessing why allthe pics and demo cars are tinted (either the interior is not finished or they don't want to show it right now)

Anyone heard seen anything about this?
Titanium shift knob is the biggest one as well as a dark blue (Indigo) interior. Regarding name is clear that Dark Horse is Mach 1 2.0. However for someone like me that wanted to buy a Mach 1 but didn't due to the fact that the Mach 1 went into the same direction as the Bullitt with it's "limited" run. I would love to add a Dark Horse to the stable. I even like the Exclusive appearance package colour better than the Grabber Blue option. Overall I think it will be a nice car minus the annoying iPad's dashboard. Ether way I love the idea of the 3 version for daily/weekend track toy, just track toy with the S and a race car with the R.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Titanium shift knob is the biggest one as well as a dark blue (Indigo) interior. Regarding name is clear that Dark Horse is Mach 1 2.0. However for someone like me that wanted to buy a Mach 1 but didn't due to the fact that the Mach 1 went into the same direction as the Bullitt with it's "limited" run. I would love to add a Dark Horse to the stable. I even like the Exclusive appearance package colour better than the Grabber Blue option. Overall I think it will be a nice car minus the annoying iPad's dashboard. Ether way I love the idea of the 3 version for daily/weekend track toy, just track toy with the S and a race car with the R.
I have seen this as well
Seems to be a different wheel, paddle shifters ...

"Driver-Focused Immersive Digital Cockpit

The Mustang Dark Horse infuses even more performance style and functionality into the all-new seventh-generation car’s technologically advanced, driver-centric cockpit.

A thicker, flat-bottomed steering wheel wrapped in suede and finished with Bright Indigo Blue accent stitching incorporates anodized silver paddle shifters on models ordered with the 10-speed automatic transmission and a dedicated drive mode button is at thumb’s reach, allowing drivers to quickly choose the desired driving setup. This sits in front of a 12.4-inch digital instrument cluster with customizable screens including a variety of drive modes."

I have been close to buying a new GT/M1 at several occasions as well. If it happens again it will definitely be the new 650.

Last edited:

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
I have read in a couple of places that the Dark horse will have different additions to the interior.

Guessing why allthe pics and demo cars are tinted (either the interior is not finished or they don't want to show it right now)

i believe thes

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra

i believe these are digital changes. Easy to accomplish for Ford, costing hardly anything and not adding complexity to production.

could be wrong, but that’s what it sounded like.

angermgmt14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium--Oxford White--A6
DH Startup and Acceleration

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
Can someone remove plastic from the front of R and S and paint it white and show what it looks like?

GTP-J

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F150, 2022Mach1
I wonder if the non-street legal DHS and DHR will be sold direct from Ford Performance, or if one will have to go through a blood sucking dealer for those. I'm sure the ADMs on the street DH will be legendary.
I saw a FB post from FPRS describing "dealership available racing Mustangs for SCCA, NASA, and spec series." I think that refers to the S and possibly R models. The Ford Performance site has some description of the models but haven't seen detailed specs or pricing yet. Seems a key difference between S and R is the R will have a fuel cell and presumably the S will have a stock tank. Both will have FIA cage, fire suppression, cutoff switch, race seat/harness/nets. Then there are further models for GT3 and GT4 classes in IMSA, SRO, etc.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Can’t wait to congratulate future owners on their Nickel Back Mustang. And the black accents on the front that completely span between the headlights is putting off serious Dodge Charger vibes.
No Mustang will ever live up to the legend that is Nickelback.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
The DH is also supposed to be a number "limited" car, they mentioned that in the announcement. Just like the Mach1/Bullitt they wont "limit" that number though. They will just sell them till the production period ends which historically is just 2 years. the Mach1 is the oddball getting a 3yr run.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The DH is also supposed to be a number "limited" car, they mentioned that in the announcement. Just like the Mach1/Bullitt they wont "limit" that number though. They will just sell them till the production period ends which historically is just 2 years. the Mach1 is the oddball getting a 3yr run.
Yeah but Both Mach1 and Bullitt have more cars produced than my Grabber Blue GT (4051 cars in total). Compared to over 10 000 Bullitt or Mach 1 cars. That what I mean by "limited" car.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Yeah but Both Mach1 and Bullitt have more cars produced than my Grabber Blue GT (4051 cars in total). Compared to over 10 000 Bullitt or Mach 1 cars. That what I mean by "limited" car.
Yes but my point is the DH will be the same.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stuff With Wheels
The funny thing about the "limited" edition cars is that they're not really all that scarce because of option packaging. When you can only pick between colors and limited options, chances are a lot of folks will have the same car.

When it comes to rarity, your GB car is one example. My '15 is another, which is Marti-documented as being 1-of-1 as built. It's interesting to see how the more mainstream cars can end up being more scarce because of options.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes but my point is the DH will be the same.
Yeah we are on the same page regarding that. I though will really like to have a DH in Track Pack and Appearance package just as shown on stage even though it will be a common car.

gone_n_60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW turbo
Reading all the love and hate for the S650 which basically is not even out of the gate yet. Having been at the reveal I could say Ford could of sold about 1000 that night. Just IMHO about the name thing, let's understand a segment of the Mustang buyers are boomers or older and hate to say but us older dudes are going to be fading away.... for good. Who's replacing them? Ford is looking to get people under 40 excited about the Mustang so their updating the tech and going with a new name. For fans for GT350, Shelby Cobra, Boss 302 and such they will live on, the collector market is established. But who's dropping in to buy a new GT? It's going to have to be younger buyers that Ford is hoping to make fans for life. Anyone remember how much angst there was when the S550 debuted?

On the "looks like Camaro married a Charger" Camaro-shamaro, Dodge is dying on the EV hill with some weak ass exhaust speaker??? Really?? GM has the Corvette but how long for the Camaro when they hardly sell any? The vibe I got from being at the reveal is Ford intends to put their foot right on Dodge and GM's face with the new S6550 street and race editions, new performance series for Nascar and LeMans. So maybe we spend the next 12+ months griping about it but the message I got is "We are committed to giving our fans a powerful ICE Mustang, when others are wilting away". I'm good with that for now. May the griping and bad comparisons continue now.

:curse:
Sponsored