• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 Mustang Dark Horse ridealong and interior walkthrough

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
Sponsored

erocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT Premium, '09 Lexus IS250 AWD
Nice, on.. or next to my home track! Can't wait to take mine out on Road America!

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
The glare and reflections on the screens have been an interest and concern of mine. However, the aftermarket has materials which can be custom cut or installed to reduce that while protecting the surface. Once the S650 is in the wild, I'd think model-specific offerings will be available.

I realize Ford is traveling the country, promoting the car with different people. IMO, the Ford rep could have been more performance-oriented; he was starting off in 2nd, lugging the engine and short-shifting. I'm not suggesting someone be doing WOT pulls, but the car can be driven harder, and in Sport+ or even track mode while showing.

Regarding the continuing references to the Fox body...ugh. I have nothing against the Fox body, or any other mark. But Ford can stop with that. Remembrances of the Fox era are not going to drive (no pun intended) most to buy the S650.

Last edited:

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
I noticed that he mentioned the rear seat delete on the Dark Horse, which I recall hearing about a long time ago, but don't remember seeing on the order guide. Perhaps I just missed it.

I would like to hear how the brakes feel now that the car has a BBW system. I have really liked the pedal feel of my last couple Mustangs, and I would hate to hear that the new car is not as good.

The screens have been beaten to death on here, but as Skye mentioned, there's quite a lot of glare at times during that video. It looks like the screens are bright enough that you can still easily read them but they're so large and out in the open that there's definitely going to be some glare. I wonder why they didn't recess the driver's gauges like on the 18-23s?

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
Looks like the screen might still have the plastic film on it? Hard to tell from the video.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wow the touchscreen responsiveness is so slow! Imagine trying to change the climate control settings while driving..

OP
OP
roket

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
Wow the touchscreen responsiveness is so slow! Imagine trying to change the climate control settings while driving..
i've gotten to use Sync 4 and 4A in customer vehicles, and yeah it's really slow and laggy on first startup, but once everything loads into memory after a few minutes, it's much faster (but still has a slight delay)
@Ford Motor Company seriously, you guys need to do something about how laggy Sync 4 and Sync 4A are on vehicle startup after it's been off for a while

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Why on Earth these automotive companies think touchscreens are as good as buttons for climate control is something I’ll never understand…

GoldenHand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The glare and reflections on the screens have been an interest and concern of mine. However, the aftermarket has materials which can be custom cut or installed to reduce that while protecting the surface. Once the S650 is in the wild, I'd think model-specific offerings will be available.

I realize Ford is traveling the country, promoting the car with different people. IMO, the Ford rep could have been more performance-oriented; he was starting off in 2nd, lugging the engine and short-shifting. I'm not suggesting someone be doing WOT pulls, but the car can be driven harder, and in Sport+ or even track mode while showing.

Regarding the continuing references to the Fox body...ugh. I have nothing against the Fox body, or any other mark. But Ford can stop with that. Remembrances of the Fox era are not going to drive (no pun intended) most to buy the S650.
100% concur with everything about this post.

I get they're PP units, but damn the car should be competent enough to pull harder if Ford is green lighting ridealongs. Plus I feel like the people who drove the car know less about it than we do. Either they didn't get the right people or they were NDA'd out of their minds (besides Laurie Transou, Chief Engineer).

I, too, am tired of all the "Fox body" stuff regarding this new Mustang. Majority of Millennials like myself, even Mustang fans who are millennials, don't want their 2024 Mustang to have a gauge cluster from 1980. It's literally a Boomer feature and nothing more. Jim Owens foams at the mouth whenever it gets brought up. I say all of this because they keep bringing up how they want to attract younger buyers and all this excessive Fox body talk on the S650 doesn't move the needle. Like, touch on it and move on. No need to heavily pitch it to everyone when it's the ONLY Fox body feature, plus there are plenty of other clusters to choose from that look more appealing.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Why on Earth these automotive companies think touchscreens are as good as buttons for climate control is something I’ll never understand…
They need to at least pair it with a computer powerful enough to run the infotainment system with no hiccups.. I currently drive a Tesla and yes, physical climate control buttons would be nice, but the screen has never hung up/lagged on me.

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting

Pyroguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
I hope window tint will help the screen glare. Polarized sunglasses will probably be an issue too.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I hope window tint will help the screen glare. Polarized sunglasses will probably be an issue too.
I hope not but I also assume that that isn't an issue. I mostly wear polarized sunglasses and they "only" interfere with my HUD. The regular screen is perfectly visible.
Sponsored