• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

adamhixx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
if my gt sounds half as good as the dark horse does, ill be happy. especially coming from my v6 explorer šŸ˜¤

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Are These cars are gonna be in private hands before we see driving reviews?
Lap times, benchmarks?,

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
if my gt sounds half as good as the dark horse does, ill be happy. especially coming from my v6 explorer šŸ˜¤
I think the Mach 1 sounds quite a bit better actually.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I think the exhaust sound between a GT and DH are very minor and probably hard to distinguish.
I think so too. If we do a blind sound test, not many people will hear the difference.

It's just like the blind product taste. Many products are almost the same and some are identical. But there are always people who would tell you that they can easily tell the difference.

And there is a small percentage that really does tell the difference.
But many would claim that they are 1 of that small percentage

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
I think so too. If we do a blind sound test, not many people will hear the difference.

It's just like the blind product taste. Many products are almost the same and some are identical. But there are always people who would tell you that they can easily tell the difference.

And there is a small percentage that really does tell the difference.
But many would claim that they are 1 of that small percentage
Yeah maybe the nerds and experts could really tell a small difference but for the majority it is the same, especially when you put in on track. Since you have a dezibel limitation in Europe, a louder exhaust wouldn't benefit at all lol

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
The DH. Listen, Iā€™m not there, but my stock Mach is deeper sounding not necessarily louder. Either that or my ears/speakers are shot, either of which is entirely possible. :like:

Last edited:
OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
Yeah maybe the nerds and experts could really tell a small difference but for the majority it is the same, especially when you put in on track. Since you have a dezibel limitation in Europe, a louder exhaust wouldn't benefit at all lol
Forgot about that decibel restriction. What is it down to now? 72? To get it down to 72, I donā€™t see how the DH and the GT couldnā€™t sound nearly the same.

Last edited:
OP
OP
zstanny

zstanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 HP Prior: 20 SS 1LE, 17 GT350
I think itā€™s louder tbh. And I would bet itā€™s at the mid pipe. M1s have that same chonky suitcase as the GT. I would almost put money the DH will have something similar to the GT350 resonator. Slightly less restrictive, maybe like 5db louder.
But Between the OG video with the white DH driving away, the recent Frankie video, and the one in this thread, the difference seems minimal to me. And anyone with more than mild tinnitus wonā€™t be able to tell šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

Darkness24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang Gt Ordered 2024 Dark Horse Premium