• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Insurance cost on 2024 Mustang Dark Horse ?

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
How much do you guys think insurance is gonna run on these suckers? :crazy:
I’ll take a shot, just don’t get fowl if it’s a turkey of a swag.

liability or full coverage, multi car, good driver, good student, safe driver course hmm … I’ll need your ssn and license number (lol) to run the figures but I’m thinking maybe around…. In the ballpark of…. Any accidents in the last 5 years? Claims? … let’s see just about… maybe… active duty, retired? … umm, don’t hold me to it but I’m going say just about, could be higher or lower but kinda near possibly, with a multi car discount, $120 per month.
Sponsored

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
MissMustang
Took delivery of my DH 12/27/23
My insurance is bundled with my house and show truck. 6 months coverage not joking is $98 and change. Second company. Didn't have insurance when I went to pick up 3 hours from home. Gonna have it towed home. Guy couldn't make it. Dealership said can't leave driving w/o it. So I called the General. Same coverage $800.00 6 months. General not cheap.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
MissMustang
Took delivery of my DH 12/27/23
My insurance is bundled with my house and show truck. 6 months coverage not joking is $98 and change. Second company. Didn't have insurance when I went to pick up 3 hours from home. Gonna have it towed home. Guy couldn't make it. Dealership said can't leave driving w/o it. So I called the General. Same coverage $800.00 6 months. General not cheap.
Pretty on spot with mine, $1645/year.

area5179

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator, 2024 Mustang GT Premium
The quote my agent gave me for my 2024 GT with full coverage is about $150/month here in NJ.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
Not sure they will insure a GT- but those with Dark Horses might want to check out Haggerty or similar -

Car has to be garaged- and you have to have a second car- but you can do a stated value policy which makes it really nice should something happen

I have a stated value on my car for 95K - and its less then some of the prices I am seeing some of you paying (CA- old man- clean record)

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
The rates on the Mustang are much higher because of the insurance companies loss ratio. My wife was an agent for 35 years. They have many more claims for the Mustang because they are operated by a higher percentage of younger folks. They speed more and crash more. Its not so much the HPs but how many times the company pays claims. Mustangs are a higher risk, so they charge more. For the GT I will pay $ 400 every six months, Im old and have no tickets or accidents. It's about $100 more than the car I'm replacing.
My $.02 worth.

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Here state farm wanted just under $200/mo for full coverage. Old guy no tickets/wrecks/claims in over two decades. Went liability for $18 month

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Call your insurance agent, anyone else is just guessing. No offense to the Dark Horse gang, but it is just a mass produced V8 RWD 2-door, not Steve McQueen's movie used Bullitt.

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
Call your insurance agent, anyone else is just guessing. No offense to the Dark Horse gang, but it is just a mass produced V8 RWD 2-door, not Steve McQueen's movie used Bullitt.
They aren't guessing. They are sharing what they are actually paying. Of course every situation is different, but if everyone is paying $1000/mo, you'll have a general idea what it will cost you.

Zengineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
They aren't guessing. They are sharing what they are actually paying. Of course every situation is different, but if everyone is paying $1000/mo, you'll have a general idea what it will cost you.
I only meant they are guessing if they suggest what the OP will likely pay. As most know (and some have pointed out), it will vary widely depending on where you live, how many drivers/vehicles are in the household, age, driving record, credit history and many other bits of information that none of us have about the OP.

I get it..it's just internet banter, but if I wanted to know what my cost was going to be I'd call my agent or go to any number of websites for a quote. At this point it's like asking how much it costs to build a house.

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 gt premium performance package vapor blue
My 2022 civic is $213/mo but my 2024 mustang gt is $208

There's no way any of us can answer

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
I only meant they are guessing if they suggest what the OP will likely pay. As most know (and some have pointed out), it will vary widely depending on where you live, how many drivers/vehicles are in the household, age, driving record, credit history and many other bits of information that none of us have about the OP.

I get it..it's just internet banter, but if I wanted to know what my cost was going to be I'd call my agent or go to any number of websites for a quote. At this point it's like asking how much it costs to build a house.
Oh I get it and I agree. But if somebody asks how much a dozen eggs cost and you got 12 responses and all of them were between $2 and $2.25 and most of those folks lived in the same general area and shopped similar stores, you'd probably have a good idea what it might cost you. I don't think anyone was going to berate another member just because they paid $3 a month more than the other member stated ... 😉

We've been with our carrier for 23 of the last 24 years. For our existing 3 vehicles plus the DH, they quoted $10,600 a year (welcome to Michigan). After shopping around, we switched (auto, home, and SXS) to Liberty Mutual, and the same 4 cars with the exact same coverages and deductibles cost ~$4,000 less per year. Homeowners went down 33% (~$1,000 per year), and the SXS went down ~24%. When I called to cancel the original policies, they "rerated" us and were willi to reduce our premiums by ~$4K across all three policies (still $1200 higher). Told them 'Sorry, too late - you should have quoted that to begin with."

It pays to shop around, especially if you haven't in a few years. I usually do, but got lazy the last few.

Logan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang GT
Like I said,
The General and Shaq wanted almost $800.00 for a 6 month policy. Just for the Dark Horse.
I bundled instead with my house and one other car.
For a 6 month FC policy I pay $181.00 for both cars. That's right at $90.50 per 6mths. Cars are both garage kept and neither a daily driver. Clean driving record. My Point is shop around. Good luck.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang

I'm in NYS. No tickets or accidents and the 24 GT is only $40 more than my 2003 GT.. I think it's because of the safety features and anti-theft stuff. Honestly I was quite surprised.
Sponsored