• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark horse vin Usaa insurance

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Teens are what does it. A teen and a vette (much less a mustang) don’t mix well, one after the other. May consider a separate just for you and her (car - not trying to assume anything). Been with one place for over 25 years blah blah and the mustang was double what USAA quoted and ended up charging, only thing is the teen isn’t on the new policy. She’s on the other due to the loan so it’s the curse of parental assistance.
That's why I went with Grundy. Keeps the teen off the high performance car policy because she damn sure isn't driving the Mustang!
Sponsored

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
I have AAA in north Dallas area. I plan on getting quotes on breaking the boys (21,20) from the policy but wonder if multi-policy discounts and such will negate any savings, tbd. Also since each kid has a vehicle allocation I believe it lessens rate impacts of having them on the policy. Another thing I noticed was the varying deductibles, need to clean that up; however, I did get multiple deductible quotes and it wasn't worth having a higher one.

Think everyone's record is clean now. :)
I will share for the sake of comparisons.
Vehicle 6 = 2017 Ford Expedition (Wife) 15K-20K miles
Vehicle 7 = 2017 Nissan Rogue (21 yr old male) 5K-7.5K
Vehicle 9 = 2016 Chevy Cruze (20 yr old male) 2.5-5K
Vehicle 10 = 24 Mustang DarkHorse (Me) 2.5-5K
S650 Mustang Dark horse vin Usaa insurance Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.59.29 AM

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I have AAA in north Dallas area. I plan on getting quotes on breaking the boys (21,20) from the policy but wonder if multi-policy discounts and such will negate any savings, tbd. Also since each kid has a vehicle allocation I believe it lessens rate impacts of having them on the policy. Another thing I noticed was the varying deductibles, need to clean that up; however, I did get multiple deductible quotes and it wasn't worth having a higher one.

Think everyone's record is clean now. :)
I will share for the sake of comparisons.
Vehicle 6 = 2017 Ford Expedition (Wife) 15K-20K miles
Vehicle 7 = 2017 Nissan Rogue (21 yr old male) 5K-7.5K
Vehicle 9 = 2016 Chevy Cruze (20 yr old male) 2.5-5K
Vehicle 10 = 24 Mustang DarkHorse (Me) 2.5-5K
Screenshot 2024-01-27 at 10.59.29 AM.png
Thanks for this printout. My current 6-month policy from USAA on my 2018 Subaru WRX is $847.00 ($1,694.00 annual). I am 77 and the only driver. No accidents. Granted I live in Florida which is very expensive insurance.
Interesting that your printout shows a 12-month cost. Is this USAA or AAA?

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Thanks for this printout. My current 6-month policy from USAA on my 2018 Subaru WRX is $847.00 ($1,694.00 annual). I am 77 and the only driver. No accidents. Granted I live in Florida which is very expensive insurance.
Interesting that your printout shows a 12-month cost. Is this USAA or AAA?
AAA

Reactions: DCS

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
I have been with USAA over 40 years. They have had all my banking and insurance business for about 30 of those years. Since then, their insurance rates have gone up and their banking interest rates have gone down. Their car loan rates are no longer competitive. I still have my checking account and insurance with them. Perhaps I have been too lazy to look around. I have had only ONE insurance claim with them and it was homeowner's. 1994, hurricane Ivan in Pensacola, FL. Fairly minor, but they paid up fairly and promptly.
I’ve been with USAA for over 25 years.
I’ve never had any issues with USAA Ins.
THEY always paid me & been very easy to deal with.
Yes their rates have gone up.
What Company or Insurance Company hasn’t?
I’ve never heard of anyone getting Cancelled by USAA Insurance?
Years ago I had an accident & was Cancelled by State Farm A few months later.
Was in my Twenties or early Thirties.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
I put in my dark horse vin for USAA insurance quote, and the Vin comes up as a dark horse. It doesn’t come up as a GT or a mustang so ford is actually with a Vin decoder listing this as a separate model for insurance purposes.
That would be based on the body code of your VIN position 5-7. The code break down like this:
P8C = Fastback GT
P8F = Convertible GT
P8R = Fastback Dark Horse
P8T = Fastback
P8U = Convertible

IFFV68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 F150 Limited
Teens are what does it. A teen and a vette (much less a mustang) don’t mix well, one after the other. May consider a separate just for you and her (car - not trying to assume anything). Been with one place for over 25 years blah blah and the mustang was double what USAA quoted and ended up charging, only thing is the teen isn’t on the new policy. She’s on the other due to the loan so it’s the curse of parental assistance.

edit: ah, yes I see it sounds like you did break it up after all
Teens and Car 🚗 insurance don’t go together!
If you too young or too old the insurance companies will take your money 💰.
Sponsored