• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

S650 Insurance

mcky2011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 Premium 21 F150 XLT 3.5
For those who are interested, I was quoted about 41% less by Erie insurance than my current USAA policy, with significantly better coverage.

Of course your outcome will vary because of demographics, but I highly recommend finding your local Erie agent and getting a quote.

2018 Fusion coming of the policy for a 24 GT. Annual increase $54.

Sold.
Sponsored

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
So I know there are a few on here with Mustang orders in who will be similar to me and only drive their cars on weekends, not daily or track use. I expect to clock around 2k miles a year. I have been looking online at options besides my regular insurance (quoted $1150 for 6 months, but I have a teenager on that policy). Grundy and Hagerty appear to be covering the car for a really good annual premium $700-900 annually with agree on value. Is anyone else shopping insurance? What have you found? Anything better than Grundy or Hagerty?
Just stumbled on this thread.
Yes, I'm shopping insurance. USAA has become too expensive on the vehicles I already have.
Grundy & Hagerty. Never heard of them. I'll have to look them up. I'm not looking for the cheapest rates because cheap rates usually means poor payouts should an accident happen. I know Florida is the lawsuit capital of the country, but my wife and I have been accident free for over 12 years. Her only accident was a rear ender - not her fault.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Yes, I'm shopping insurance. USAA has become too expensive on the vehicles I already have.
Grundy & Hagerty. Never heard of them. I'll have to look them up. I'm not looking for the cheapest rates because cheap rates usually means poor payouts should an accident happen. I know Florida is the lawsuit capital of the country, but my wife and I have been accident free for over 12 years. Her only accident was a rear ender - not her fault.
I only drive my Mustang about 3k mile/yr and had GEICO insurance for 36 years. Last year they seem to disapprove of any modifications that are performance related and threatened to cancel me. I called USAA to get a quote and they didn't care about performance modifications. They quoted me a rate which was cheaper than GEICO, So I changed insurance companies. After I informed GEICO I was cancelling their insurance, they were sorry to see me go. The next day, I received an email from GEICO, wanting to me to reconsider cancelling their policy and reduced my premiums by $10 a month. I trashed their email. BTW, my Mustang just turned 17 and has less 100k miles on it.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I only drive my Mustang about 3k mile/yr and had GEICO insurance for 36 years. Last year they seem to disapprove of any modifications that are performance related and threatened to cancel me. I called USAA to get a quote and they didn't care about performance modifications. They quoted me a rate which was cheaper than GEICO, So I changed insurance companies. After I informed GEICO I was cancelling their insurance, they were sorry to see me go. The next day, I received an email from GEICO, wanting to me to reconsider cancelling their policy and reduced my premiums by $10 a month. I trashed their email. BTW, my Mustang just turned 17 and has less 100k miles on it.
Thanks for the feedback.
I have become a bit disappointed with USAA for several reasons as they seem to be moving away from their original roots of insurance and banking. Their interest rates stink and their insurance rates keep going up despite my no claims record.

OP
OP
BrianJ77

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I went with Grundy. They were a bit picky with the use which was okay with me as it was how I was going to use my Mustang anyway. They wanted pictures of the car and the garage. Can't use for errands or work. Just pleasure drives and car shows which was my intended use anyway. I think it was about $760 or so for a year. Plus if it is ever a total loss they will cover 100% of the purchase price/agreed on value, not just the depreciated value.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I have had Hagerty in the past- and currently have Grundy -

I would give Hagerty an A++++
Not enough experience with Grundy yet

So far customer service with both has been exceptional

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the feedback.
I have become a bit disappointed with USAA for several reasons as they seem to be moving away from their original roots of insurance and banking. Their interest rates stink and their insurance rates keep going up despite my no claims record.
Due to the extreme floods, fires, hurricanes, in the US recently, the amount of insurance costs have been going up.

aternie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Wow. I got a USAA quote and it was over two times what I am paying a month now with State Farm (almost three times more).

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow. I got a USAA quote and it was over two times what I am paying a month now with State Farm (almost three times more).
For 2 vehicles that I drive no more than 4k miles (combined) a year, my USAA insurance is $1223.50 (full coverage with $100 deductible) a year. That's $400 less than my previous insurer (GEICO) per year (and I was with them 36 years). Whenever I filed a claim with GEICO, I had to always try to locate their claims adjuster in some dealership, somewhere in the boonies.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For 2 vehicles that I drive no more than 4k miles (combined) a year, my USAA insurance is $1223.50 (full coverage with $100 deductible) a year. That's $400 less than my previous insurer (GEICO) per year (and I was with them 36 years). Whenever I filed a claim with GEICO, I had to always try to locate their claims adjuster in some dealership, somewhere in the boonies.
Another user from Florida was quoted 4200.00 per year from USAA. I'm on the phone with USAA now trying to get a quote. $4,200 a year is a deal killer for me.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Another user from Florida was quoted 4200.00 per year from USAA. I'm on the phone with USAA now trying to get a quote. $4,200 a year is a deal killer for me.
I just got a quote from USAA. My policy will go up an additional $50.00 for six months. This was a VERY pleasant surprise!
Sponsored