• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Dark horse vin Usaa insurance

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
I put in my dark horse vin for USAA insurance quote, and the Vin comes up as a dark horse. It doesn’t come up as a GT or a mustang so ford is actually with a Vin decoder listing this as a separate model for insurance purposes.
Sponsored

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Z51That's interesting...I've been with USAA for 47 years...my '01 Vette Z51 Cpe is currently on my policy (only 31K miles on her and I'm tradining her in for the DH I have on order). I'm pretty sure there will be a substantil increase in my premium. When I purchased my first Vette ('94) I had also looked at a '94 Camaro Z28 and I remember being told by USAA that it was much cheaper to insure the Vette than the Camaro. Reason, Vettes are driven mainly by older folks (like me) and usually garaged. Whereas the Camaro, involved a younger demographic and was involved in more theft, accidents, etc. I'm guessing the DH is going to be a bit more insuring than the GT or Ecoboost.

OP
OP
Tacticly

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
If anyone is curious with multicar discount 100/300 accident forgiveness 500 deductible low mileage non commute car, clean driving record 55 years old, 100 a month and I will add that my USAA insurance has gone up 20% in the last three years with this new president

AmyVito2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse
We have been with USAA for 13 years no claims. Added the DH (VIN showed DH as well) double our policy. Called USAA no help with the premiums, shopped around now with State Farm paying the same as I was with USAA for three cars. 😐

OP
OP
Tacticly

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
I know jersey shore but it cost me 100 a month regardless

dusman59

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 gt
If your not driving it as a daily driver or tracking you might check Hagerty. I know someone with MY24 has it. I also just changed my 2011 to Hagerty and cut my rate in half with twice the coverage. I believe they classify the DH as a collectable.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln Continental Reserve; 2024 Mustang GT
I have been with USAA over 40 years. They have had all my banking and insurance business for about 30 of those years. Since then, their insurance rates have gone up and their banking interest rates have gone down. Their car loan rates are no longer competitive. I still have my checking account and insurance with them. Perhaps I have been too lazy to look around. I have had only ONE insurance claim with them and it was homeowner's. 1994, hurricane Ivan in Pensacola, FL. Fairly minor, but they paid up fairly and promptly.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
If anyone is curious with multicar discount 100/300 accident forgiveness 500 deductible low mileage non commute car, clean driving record 55 years old, 100 a month and I will add that my USAA insurance has gone up 20% in the last three years with this new president
That increase is why I moved to Progressive. USAA does service really well, but the cost on both auto and home insurance has gotten too expensive. I have not regretted moving to Progressive and have, sadly, had to use it.

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That increase is why I moved to Progressive. USAA does service really well, but the cost on both auto and home insurance has gotten too expensive. I have not regretted moving to Progressive and have, sadly, had to use it.
I'd be concerned about the Progressive claims process and results. "You get what you pay for" is still fairly accurate.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I'd be concerned about the Progressive claims process and results. "You get what you pay for" is still fairly accurate.
Although progressive paid to fix my bike when shiny side didn’t stay up instead of doing an out right total.

DannyJ7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ecoboost Premium, Carbonized Gray
I said sadly only because it meant that we hit hail coming south from up north and ended up logged over a large log (in the wife's Subaru). Absolute miracle that it wasn't worse. I have no complaints about Progressive's claim process.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I wouldn't be concerned about the VIN. Ford did the same for the Mach 1; they differentiated from the base, GT, and M1. They did not further define it by HP or non-HP.

I've used USAA for a variety of insurance purposes for the last several years. My Mach 1 policy mirrors yours. I'm paying close to $100 a month. A little less.

I occasionally review companies, polices, ratings and all that. Lots of variables.

A new customer might get a teaser rate, which ultimately moves up to everyones' in a few years time. They might not pay. They might have crappy customer service. Your own Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange (CLUE) score, FICO score. The local environment (crime and theft). How long you've been with that company. What other coverage you have, etc. It can difficult comparing two people even in the same ZIP code.

Shop around, yes. My experience in the last few years, I was ultimately no better off. YMMV.

I have read some good posts of people living in more rural areas, ones that have supporting regional carriers. These folks can receive some great coverage for lesser premiums by very good companies.

In the grand scheme of things, insurance companies are beginning to adjust for several risks not considered before. In CO, greater threat of fire, and now hail. FL, any coastal areas, flooding. I've read several articles that FL, TX, CO and CA are seeing marked increases in premiums, home and auto.

https://doi.colorado.gov/for-consum...-comparison-reports-auto/homeowners-insurance

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/11/heres-the-inflation-breakdown-for-december-2023-in-one-chart.html

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/con...ist/comprehensive-loss-underwriting-exchange/

Last edited:

DCS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wouldn't be concerned about the VIN. Ford did the same for the Mach 1; they differentiated from the base, GT, and M1. They did not further define it by HP or non-HP.

I've used USAA for a variety of insurance purposes for the last several years. My Mach 1 policy mirrors yours. I'm paying close to $100 a month. A little less.

I occasionally review companies, polices, ratings and all that. Lots of variables.

A new customer might get a teaser rate, which ultimately moves up to everyones' in a few years time. They might not pay. They might have crappy customer service. Your own Comprehensive Loss Underwriting Exchange (CLUE) score. The local environment (crime and theft). How long you've been with that company. What other coverage you have. Probably still more.

Shop around, yes. My experience in the last few years, I was ultimately no better off. YMMV.

I have read some good posts of people living in more rural areas, ones that have supporting regional carriers. These folks can receive some great coverage for lesser premiums by very good companies.

In the grand scheme of things, insurance companies are beginning to adjust for several risks not considered before. In CO, greater threat of fire, and now hail. FL, any coastal areas, flooding. I've read several articles that FL, TX, CO and CA are seeing marked increases in premiums, home and auto.

https://doi.colorado.gov/for-consum...-comparison-reports-auto/homeowners-insurance

https://www.cnbc.com/2024/01/11/heres-the-inflation-breakdown-for-december-2023-in-one-chart.html

https://www.consumerfinance.gov/con...ist/comprehensive-loss-underwriting-exchange/
All good information. I guess I'll find out when I get my VIN and ask USAA for a quote.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I also use USAA for banking and insurance (homeowners and vehicle), but they can fly a kite with what they wanted to charge me for my GT. I don't daily my Mustang so I went with Grundy. More than half off from USAA quote! Keep in mind I do have teenagers on my policy, but what they want to charge is ridiculous for membership over 20 years. It's how well they handle claims is why I stay and pay the high premiums.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
I also use USAA for banking and insurance (homeowners and vehicle), but they can fly a kite with what they wanted to charge me for my GT. I don't daily my Mustang so I went with Grundy. More than half off from USAA quote! Keep in mind I do have teenagers on my policy, but what they want to charge is ridiculous for membership over 20 years. It's how well they handle claims is why I stay and pay the high premiums.
Teens are what does it. A teen and a vette (much less a mustang) don’t mix well, one after the other. May consider a separate just for you and her (car - not trying to assume anything). Been with one place for over 25 years blah blah and the mustang was double what USAA quoted and ended up charging, only thing is the teen isn’t on the new policy. She’s on the other due to the loan so it’s the curse of parental assistance.

edit: ah, yes I see it sounds like you did break it up after all
Sponsored