• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Start Stop System

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Just a heads up...checking the "window stickers" of "Automatic" Mustang GTs being built after the 1st of the year (1 Jan 24) and it appears that the automatic ones will be saddled with the dreadful and annoying "auto stop/start feature." Imagine you forgot to turn off the system after you started your car and your sitting at a stop sign, light, etc., and that beautiful throaty V8 sound goes silent (like an EV)...what was Ford thinking of? If you want an automatic GT WITHOUT this annoying feature, you had better get it now (lots of automatic GTs sitting on the lots). Not sure if the Dark Horse with automatic will be affected. Probably not...because you do get charged with the gas guzzler tax for it (whereas the GT has "no charge" for gas guzzler tax. My DH order has yet to be built. BTW, I really hate that "auto stop/start system" on my Bronco Sport...absolutely annoying!
Sponsored

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Just a heads up...checking the "window stickers" of "Automatic" Mustang GTs being built after the 1st of the year (1 Jan 24) and it appears that the automatic ones will be saddled with the dreadful and annoying "auto stop/start feature." Imagine you forgot to turn off the system after you started your car and your sitting at a stop sign, light, etc., and that beautiful throaty V8 sound goes silent (like an EV)...what was Ford thinking of? If you want an automatic GT WITHOUT this annoying feature, you had better get it now (lots of automatic GTs sitting on the lots). Not sure if the Dark Horse with automatic will be affected. Probably not...because you do get charged with the gas guzzler tax for it (whereas the GT has "no charge" for gas guzzler tax. My DH order has yet to be built. BTW, I really hate that "auto stop/start system" on my Bronco Sport...absolutely annoying!
Au contraire! My GT with the manual transmission most certainly came with a $1000 gas guzzler tax. Funny thing is it gets better mileage than my F-150. Go figure.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
Luckily my Mustang came before the start stop but I have had 3 F150s with the start stop and if you select Sport mode it disables that feature. That may be the case with the Mustang as well.

Toor_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 s197 v6. Awaiting 2024 s650 GT PP/NP
Luckily my Mustang came before the start stop but I have had 3 F150s with the start stop and if you select Sport mode it disables that feature. That may be the case with the Mustang as well.
It is. But either you press that auto start stop button or you press the sports profile on your steering. So regardless, extra buttons to press after you start the vehicle. The. Mustang. Does. Not. Need. Start. Stop. Ford. Stupid. (Except the ecoboost)

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
I’m hoping some company will develop and sell an auto stop start accessory for the Mustang. Tazer sells a module for Dodge/Jeep that memorizes whatever setting the ESS was the last time the vehicle was run and applies it at startup, plus a handful of other useful features.

ESS with a manual transmission is just weird. Ugh.

sdsteele2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Mustang GT
Au contraire! My GT with the manual transmission most certainly came with a $1000 gas guzzler tax. Funny thing is it gets better mileage than my F-150. Go figure.
The “beauty” of the gas guzzler tax is it only applies to passenger cars, light and heavy duty trucks are exempt. 🙄

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
You can set up your drive mode to deactivate start stop completely for the mode

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
I’m hoping some company will develop and sell an auto stop start accessory for the Mustang. Tazer sells a module for Dodge/Jeep that memorizes whatever setting the ESS was the last time the vehicle was run and applies it at startup, plus a handful of other useful features.

They don't have one yet, but I bet they will! Already one for the '24 F-150.

https://www.autostopeliminator.com/...0ws5c_CmwhWIoXuIaqQwsJq7fBH5Pm4BoC7QUQAvD_BwE

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang

You can disable it with forscan, in addition to it disabling itself in various drive modes.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
All 2024 manual Mustang GT/DH get the stupid gas guzzler tax 😤🤬. If it had only been rated for 15/24, I believe it would have avoided it :rolleyes:

But yeah, stupid. Doesn't the Ford Raptor R also have the gas guzzler tax (not to derail the thread)?

OP
OP
MJS54

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Good info!! Thanks!

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I got one of the last off the line without it. After having the car and hearing how aggressively loud the startup is, I cant imagine how annoying it would be in stop and go traffic.. not to mention probably causes more emissions constantly cranking over.

What I find more frustrating is the car defaults to normal mode when turned off. I'm still learning the car though I constantly forget to switch to "custom mode" in order to activate the custom profiles.

Wish there was a button for that, or the ability to make the FAVORITE button activate custom mode.

The only thing so far I dislike about the car, (all new cars) is all the "save myself from myself" shit, lane assist, collision correction, distracted driver alert, etc... I sure as hell don't want my car making steering or braking decisions for me. If I am that incapable probably shouldn't be driving in the first place. I still cant stand the seatbelt law bullshit, damn I know I'm gettn old 😁

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
At least we have the buttons all full and no blank button in a full option vehicle. The blank button disturbed me
Sponsored