• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Auto stop/start?

roadpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Dark Horse, 21 F150 Platinum, 16 ATS4, 14 LTZ
^ Tonneau covers are primary intended to protect and/or secure the contents of the bed, not provide any increase in MPGs. Air dam skirts are primarily intended to provide downforce at higher speeds to improve stability, not (necessarily) to improve MPGs. A.S.S.? Well, that's just a joke, AFAIC.
Sponsored

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Mine was built 1/21/24 and according to the latest window sticker I do not have SS.
GT Premium, auto, no PP. Maybe I got lucky?
So I took delivery today and no SS on my GT Premium. Not listed on window sticker, however if I expand the model information link it does say Engine 5 liter with start/stop
Here's a pic of my dash. Sorry for crap picture but sun was glaring.
S650 Mustang GT Auto stop/start? 1709243003553

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
^ Tonneau covers are primary intended to protect and/or secure the contents of the bed, not provide any increase in MPGs. Air dam skirts are primarily intended to provide downforce at higher speeds to improve stability, not (necessarily) to improve MPGs. A.S.S.? Well, that's just a joke, AFAIC.
In the past, both were touted to help with MPG. Not disagreeing with what you said though as I know that's the reasoning. Just saying, from a marketing standpoint, that was their original selling line. A.S.S. - Auto Start Stop

ListedGuru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
So I took delivery today and no SS on my GT Premium. Not listed on window sticker, however if I expand the model information link it does say Engine 5 liter with start/stop
Here's a pic of my dash. Sorry for crap picture but sun was glaring.
1709243003553.png
Interesting data point. I guess maybe it's still kind of random who gets SS and who doesn't, lol.

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Interesting data point. I guess maybe it's still kind of random who gets SS and who doesn't, lol.
i have the absolute worst luck on planet. If it weren't for bad luck I would have no luck at all.
I'm glad this one worked out for me. I drove a rental car with SS and it was quite irritating in my opinion.

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
Not random. Job 2 started mid Jan. All after have SS.

2016Stang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang 2016 mustang gt 2024 mustang gt
Mine also is supposed to have it. It has the button to turn it off but it doesn't work. Manual trans Built 3/18/24. Hopefully they don't fix it with a software update.

2016Stang5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 mustang 2016 mustang gt 2024 mustang gt
Sorry Built 2/18/24

John G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Mine does not have it, and I'm glad that it doesn't. My wife's vehicle, a 2020 Ford Escape Titanium, has it. But when the engine shuts off at a stop light, all that is associated with normal engine operation also stops, including the air conditioner compressor. Within a short period of time the nice cool air being blown into the interior of the car, starts to warm up. I suspect this is only temporary if you are stopped for an extended period of time, I have never found that out. But the good news is that the S/S feature quit working, and we have never had it repaired.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Mine also is supposed to have it. It has the button to turn it off but it doesn't work. Manual trans Built 3/18/24. Hopefully they don't fix it with a software update.
This is truly the best of both worlds. No gas guzzler tax, no empty button, but no Start / Stop either! You hit the lottery
Sponsored