• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Auto stop/start?

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
GT Auto start/stop.
The button within the yellow circle below for avoidance of doubt.

I know this was discussed months ago and obviously well before we got eyes on the order guide.

S650 Mustang GT Auto stop/start? startsto

The EB 4-cyl has auto start/stop, the GT does not... if I am interpreting the order guide correctly?

S650 Mustang GT Auto stop/start? EB.PNG

S650 Mustang GT Auto stop/start? GT.PNG

In the race to try and be first, none of these reviewers actually mention whether these cars they are "reviewing" are still TT or now PP variants.
(And it's not hard to ask these questions.)

The red stitching suggests the picture above is from the Rapid Red 6-sp GT convertible that is doing the rounds.

So, an obvious question, what will take the place of the auto start/stop button in the GT?

Has anyone here actually sat in a PP GT sample or asked a rep?
Sponsored

OP
OP
5.0ALM

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
And PP as in preproduction, not performance pack.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
The GT also has an start stop system.

I just looked one of the many reviews on Youtube and the auto start stop button is there

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
I'm not sure they'll change the button. My truck for example, has buttons which are there and non-functional (options I didn't buy). Same with some dash lights. Ford might do same since it's cheaper. They could also just leave the space blanked out, with no markings. Replace with a different feature? I'd think they'd advertise that.

Apeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1965 Ford Mustang Factory 260 V8 3sp, Caspian Blue
GT Auto start/stop.

I know this was discussed months ago and obviously well before we got eyes on the order guide.

startstop.jpg

The EB 4-cyl has auto start/stop, the GT does not... if I am interpreting the order guide correctly?

EB.PNG

GT.PNG

In the race to try and be first, none of these reviewers actually mention whether these cars they are "reviewing" are still TT or now PP variants.

The red stitching suggests the picture above is from the Rapid Red 6-sp GT convertible that is doing the rounds.

So, an obvious question, what will take the place of the auto start/stop button in the GT?

i believe the order guide says each trim of mustang has all previous standard equipment, plus everything it lists.

Grabber_GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See Signature
So what is the button with the horsey for?

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
So what is the button with the horsey for?
Historically the pony button was on the steering wheel on the facelifted S550 gens and that controlled the options/customization for the digital gauged cluster. Now that it has moved to the center and off the steering wheel, I think it is fair to assume that it will now control the screens and maybe have more functions in it.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
Historically the pony button was on the steering wheel on the facelifted S550 gens and that controlled the options/customization for the digital gauged cluster. Now that it has moved to the center and off the steering wheel, I think it is fair to assume that it will now control the screens and maybe have more functions in it.
I think I heard that it is called "programmable pony mode." It was something along the lines of setting the button for your prefered settings for drive modes, steering modes, guage cluster, etc.

okfoz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Stage 3
One more reason why I would not buy an S650. I have had a couple cars with the automatic start-stop and it sucks. Nothing like pulling in the garage, have the engine stop, put it in park, have the engine start, only to push the power button to turn it off again.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
One more reason why I would not buy an S650. I have had a couple cars with the automatic start-stop and it sucks. Nothing like pulling in the garage, have the engine stop, put it in park, have the engine start, only to push the power button to turn it off again.
So long as itā€™s defeatable what difference does it make? Hardly a reason to not buy a car. And yes Iā€™ve had it and couldnā€™t stand it.

Bimini_blown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1992 Mustang LX
I custom ordered my 24 GT premium performance pack with almost every option, and it does not have start/stop thankfully.

509Mike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 F-150 4X4. Waiting on 2024 GT convertible in
My GT was built in August of 23. It does not have start/stop thankfully. My wife has a 23 Edge st and she doesnā€™t like the stop/start and disables it on intial start up.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 GT vert A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 A10 / ā€˜23 Mach 1 6MT
So long as itā€™s defeatable what difference does it make? Hardly a reason to not buy a car. And yes Iā€™ve had it and couldnā€™t stand it.
Several reasons come to mind. Itā€™s on my wifeā€™s Subie and I truly hate it so I speak from experience.

First, no matter how hard you try, itā€™s easy to forget to disable it.
Secondly, it adds needless complexity and expense.
Finally, itā€™s only a matter of time until it will no longer be defeatable.

And yeah I know itā€™s pervasive these days, but I hate being forced into anything against my will.

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
GT Auto start/stop.

startstop.jpg

EB.PNG

GT.PNG

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
Guess what....those MUstang GTs now being built (after the first of the year) will have the dreaded auto stop start system...guess you can act like an EV (be silent at a stop light instead of bellowing that famous V8 sound at idle).
Sponsored