• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Auto stop/start?

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Guess what....those MUstang GTs now being built (after the first of the year) will have the dreaded auto stop start system...guess you can act like an EV (be silent at a stop light instead of bellowing that famous V8 sound at idle).
Mine was built 1/21/24 and according to the latest window sticker I do not have SS.
GT Premium, auto, no PP. Maybe I got lucky?
Sponsored

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
I hope so, as mine is to be production in 2 weeks. I'm paying for it so I want it.

Bob M.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Perhaps someone could clear this up. Is Auto start/stop is going to be standard on ALL models?
Even the GT with a Manual transmission? Thanks.

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
My car was built 2/15 and the window sticker shows Start/Stop system (no charge, haha).
My build is a GT Premium Convertible, Manual. Supposed to be delivered first of March.
Only good news is, the gas guzzler tax is gone now and EPA mileage went up to 18 on the sticker.
I'll just push 2 buttons when I fire her up: Start and SS defeat, they are right next to each other.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
My GT was built on 02/22/24 and I have the window sticker. No GG tax and S/S installed.
Saving $1000 works for me.

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
Those that ordered a mustang, was the “Auto start/stop” listed in the details on your tracking of the build?

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

kenkroop

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 gt a10
Those that ordered a mustang, was the “Auto start/stop” listed in the details on your tracking of the build?
My tracker showed the auto start-stop,also on window sticker. My car has it but it doesn't work

FrankAR15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus IS Fsport, Toyota 4Runner, Genesis coupe
My tracker showed the auto start-stop,also on window sticker. My car has it but it doesn't work
Cool, it’s not on my tracker so maybe they don’t do it depending on certain options.

edit - No , my tracker does say it.. it’s listed with the engine

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
My GT was built in August of 23. It does not have start/stop thankfully. My wife has a 23 Edge st and she doesn’t like the stop/start and disables it on intial start up.
The only reason those of us who placed our orders and received our vehicles earlier did not get it is because the Auto Start/Stop feature was unavailable due to supply chain constraints. The intended button for it is blank and non-functional.

It was never something you can opt out of.

It sucks for those are placing their orders and getting their builds now though.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Concur with dfwford's post above. My previous Ford had A.S.S. on it and did not personally care for it.

Not to derail the thread, but I learned a few things from my 2017 F-150. After 80,000 miles, I hardly noticed any improved gas mileage from the front air dam skirt, A.S.S, or the tonneau cover. What I did notice was better ground clearance (no more hearing the skirt rub on steep inclines), instant response from the engine after coming to a complete stop, and quieter ride with the tonneau cover installed.
Sponsored