• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Auto Start Stop System

Gr8ful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Santa Cruz, V-Strom 650
My GT is to be built in about 2 weeks. I hope it has Auto start stop.
If I roll up to a 5 minute light that just turned red I don't need to idle and burn fuel for no reason. I also don't need to Rev the engine every 10 seconds so people will look at me either. I have owned several vehicle with this system and I find mostly useful. But if some like to waste fuel, so be it. "Engineering Explained" did research on this and if over 30 second idle you save. Plus all the other systems are still functioning. My $.02 worth
Sponsored

OP
OP
MJS54

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01 Corvette Cpe, '18 Lexus ES 350, '23 Bronco Spt
If I roll up to a 5 minute light that just turned red I don't need to idle and burn fuel for no reason. I also don't need to Rev the engine every 10 seconds so people will look at me either. I have owned several vehicle with this system and I find mostly useful. But if some like to waste fuel, so be it. "Engineering Explained" did research on this and if over 30 second idle you save. Plus all the other systems are still functioning. My $.02 worth

OP
OP
MJS54

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Be sure to let us know how much you really like it after having it for about a month...guaranteed you'll be turning that auto stop start crap OFF as soon as you fire her up. The constant jolt when turning off and on will drive your nuts...and when you're making a left turn into oncoming traffic, be sure to give yourself some extra time, because the start up of your engine will occur in a moment or so after you take your foot off the brake...at least you hope so. LOL

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I have no issues with auto start/stop in theory, even on the Mustang since it has a button to disable it. However, I have had three other vehicles with that function and I hate it in each one for the same two reasons.

1. The delay when letting off the brake. When I’m waiting to turn out of a parking lot into traffic on a busy road, the delay is an issue. Each time, I have my foot moved to the accelerator before the engine has started back up. It’s more than annoying; it’s dangerous if you’re not accounting for that half second extra to crank. I always disable it when I remember and am usually reminded when it shuts off if I have forgotten, but on the rare occasion the car shuts off and I didn’t realize it when ready to go, it is a surprise to not go when I hit the gas.

2. It is hot and humid for at least six months a year here. If the engine shuts off for more than about 15 seconds, the a/c stops blowing cold. Sure, it cools some, but it’s a noticeable difference. I want may car to stay a consistent temperature, not warm up at a traffic light.

Again, the theory is great, the execution in my opinion leaves something to be desired. I do think I would never leave auto start/stop enabled on my Mustang even if the above two items were resolved. I like to hear my car idle, and I don’t want it stopping and starting on its own. It’s not my daily driver, and the fuel economy is not that big of a deal to me. My truck or other cars wouldn’t bother me if the above two items did not occur. Now, I’ve driven cars without a dedicated button to disable it, and that would drive me crazy. I got a BMW X5 loaner for a day, which has no button, and I hated it.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Be sure to let us know how much you really like it after having it for about a month...guaranteed you'll be turning that auto stop start crap OFF as soon as you fire her up. The constant jolt when turning off and on will drive your nuts...and when you're making a left turn into oncoming traffic, be sure to give yourself some extra time, because the start up of your engine will occur in a moment or so after you take your foot off the brake...at least you hope so. LOL
Every Ford I have driven with SS (lots) has been really well implemented and effectively invisible, especially on an auto. So from personal experience I welcome it as does @Gr8ful

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Before they got fancy with it it used to be known as the ignition switch.

The Wizard

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 Mustang; 16 F-150
With my A10 transmission, I don't need to keep my foot on the brake when I stop at a light. I have auto-hold enabled which keeps the car motionless until I tap the accelerator, whether or not auto stop-start is working.

I generally let auto stop-start do its thing. So a light tap on the accelerator pedal both releases the hold and fires up the engine...

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
Where on the window sticker does it list the Start/Stop feature?
Tks!

OP
OP
MJS54

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where on the window sticker does it list the Start/Stop feature?
Tks!
You have to bring up the window sticker (theres a site that allows you to put in the VIN and get the sticker). Check the bottom for the production date (if it's after 1 Jan 24) and it's an 10 speed automatic GT look under the options list and you'll see the Auto Stop Start (No Charge). I believe it was Ford's intention all along to put the system in on automatic GTs, however, there was a chip shortage at the time. So, now Ford has put their plan into effect.

Here's the sticker look up site: http://fordwindowsticker.com/

steveo1960

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mustang
You have to bring up the window sticker (theres a site that allows you to put in the VIN and get the sticker). Check the bottom for the production date (if it's after 1 Jan 24) and it's an 10 speed automatic GT look under the options list and you'll see the Auto Stop Start (No Charge). I believe it was Ford's intention all along to put the system in on automatic GTs, however, there was a chip shortage at the time. So, now Ford has put their plan into effect.

Here's the sticker look up site: http://fordwindowsticker.com/
Thank you so much.
So my build/production date is 01/16 and it's an automatic but does not seem to have Start/Stop listed on the window sticker.
S650 Mustang Auto Start Stop System 1707235412949

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
All 2024 manual Mustang GT/DH get the stupid gas guzzler tax 😤🤬. If it had only been rated for 15/24, I believe it would have avoided it :rolleyes:

But yeah, stupid. Doesn't the Ford Raptor R also have the gas guzzler tax (not to derail the thread)?
We pay at lot of tax in Ontario Canada but NO gas guzzler on my GT.

ArthurJGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 GTO, '06 GTO, '22 Expy, '22 F-250, '24 Mustang
I had it on my F-150 for years and it never bothered me or drove me nuts. To be honest I don't see why people get so worked up about it.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
I had it on my F-150 for years and it never bothered me or drove me nuts. To be honest I don't see why people get so worked up about it.
It may or may not have been related, but I feel like the Start/Stop did not help the cam phaser rattle issue that I experienced on the first year, 2nd gen 3.5 Ecoboost after 50,000 miles. Moreover, I felt like it just puts more strain on the battery (hence the FordPass alerts saying remote unlock/lock/start have been disabled), not to mention, the slight delay of having the motor turn back on to be able to accelerate and also not having power steering work because the vehicle is "off".

OP
OP
MJS54

MJS54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much.
So my build/production date is 01/16 and it's an automatic but does not seem to have Start/Stop listed on the window sticker.
1707235412949.png
Great, you lucked out! I will see if I can post an example of one (i.e. window sticker with the auto stop start system). You can also go to the build your Mustang site and you'll see that it lists the 5.0L Engine with the auto stop start (for the automatics).
Here's a screenshot from the Mustang "Build Your Own" site by Ford...

S650 Mustang Auto Start Stop System 24 Mustang GT build your car.JPG

S650 Mustang Auto Start Stop System 24 Mustang GT Build your own (2).JPG

Found one coming in...built 1 -22- 24

S650 Mustang Auto Start Stop System 24 Mustang GT (automatic) in Transit.JPG

Last edited:

TripleshotMcC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium Convertible
FYI, it's on the 6 speed manual cars too. While my car's production date has been delayed, the window sticker is not complete yet with pricing or EPA figs, but it does show Start/Stop system in the list of "options"
I will just need to push 2 buttons each time I start the car.
Sponsored