• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
I feel like if this was related to the s650, there would be more buildup to the reveal.
Very much this. A new generation of Mustang needs at least a couple of weeks of build up and teasers!

I know Shelby American are due to reveal a concept vehicle (although it might not be a Mustang) at the Ford Nationals at Carlisle, but that's not until Friday 3rd......
Sponsored

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I kind of hope it's not the GT3/GT4...............I'd much rather see the road version of S650 first!
Agreed, but I'd much rather have it be an s650 racecar over some stupid s550 murdered out package or something. The good news is I highly doubt ford with introduce a new trim to the s550, even a blackout package. So it's likely s650 related.

OP
OP
Chadillac

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
If the S650 looks as close to the S550 as weā€™ve been led to believe, I couldnā€™t see Ford dragging out a long reveal with teasers and conceptsā€¦ And with other modelsā€™ 2023 order banks opening this fall, it makes sense to show it leading into summer. Assuming the S650 is truly a new-for-ā€˜23 model.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I bet on Black Edition S550 ... tomorrow :-)
As someone who happily owns a Black Appearance Package Mustang...do we really need ANOTHER "Black Edition" on top of BAP and the Stealth Package? šŸ˜–

As for a potential minivan Mustang reveal, that should be called the Mach-V. šŸ˜

jnad32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I bet on Black Edition S550 ... tomorrow :-)
See, this is what I originally thought as well when you combine it with the emoji tweet. But this much of a PR campaign from a company as big as Ford, including changing all logos and headers on all social media, just doesn't seem like something you would do for a trim or package of an existing car.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
They wouldn't announce a reveal one day in advance. I guess the reveal will be a big media event where they invite the press, so we would get at least some leaks with the Mustang logo, the event showplace, etc

jnad32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
They wouldn't announce a reveal one day in advance. I guess the reveal will be a big media event where they invite the press, so we would get at least some leaks with the Mustang logo, the event showplace, etc
Is that true when it is not a full-on from the ground up new gen? First time I am following a release like this so I am unsure how they usually go.

airjonny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Ecoboost
Is that true when it is not a full-on from the ground up new gen? First time I am following a release like this so I am unsure how they usually go.
this transition seems more along the lines of the ā€˜09 to ā€˜10 compared to a ā€˜14 to ā€˜15 transition. A long hard tease for whatā€™s basically a super refresh seems overboard.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Maverick rebranded under the Mustang banner.
every Mustang owner needs a pick-em-up truck to do useful stuff afterall...

Kermut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
On twitter this is also attached to the date. Maybe a blackout package?

Circle-Pawn-Square-Bowl(?)-Spade-Sunglasses-X

Circling upon the oval is ace? My guess is something racing, like the GT4 suggestions

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Assuming the S650 is truly a new-for-ā€˜23 model.
I thought it was already established that the S650 would be introduced in 2023 as a MY24. Was that just a rumor?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Yeah, I agree completely. For a launch this significant, you'd have a teaser campaign likely lasting several months, or at least several weeks before hand. The fact that this is short notice makes me think s650 racecar, which would align with the apparent carbon fiber teaser. That would essentially allow ford to tease the s650 with something which closely resembled production. Without fully revealing it this early on.

my03mach1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Subaru BRZ, 2017 Ford Fiesta ST
I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought this up yet, but the next generation GT4 Mustang is supposed to be debuting in 2023. Ford pointed this out in their GT3 announcement:

Although the Mustang GT3 for IMSA is new, Ford and Multimatic confirmed that the successful Mustang GT4 customer race program will continue into the future, with a new Mustang GT4 expected to debut in the 2023 season.

ā€œItā€™s important to us to continue to support the Mustang GT4 effort as well,ā€ said Rushbrook. ā€œWeā€™ve had a lot of success both here and in Europe with the current Mustang GT4, and we look forward to being able to provide our customers with a brand new car for competition in the GT4 category starting next season. Weā€™ll have more to say on that in the near future.ā€
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...28/ford-performance-mustang-gt3-race-car.html

The season starts in January 2023, and while it definitely isn't a stretch for the car to come out later in the season, I imagine having them racing in late January for Daytona would be good for the new car.

This teaser very well could be a trim level (I feel like it is honestly), but based on how I interpret the above I would think it's pretty likely we at least see the GT4 car sometime this year. The GT4 car will also look pretty similar to the production car, so it would be kind of odd to reveal one but not the other. I could be completely off base though, but just my random thoughts.

Cars And Shenanigans

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought this up yet, but the next generation GT4 Mustang is supposed to be debuting in 2023. Ford pointed this out in their GT3 announcement:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...28/ford-performance-mustang-gt3-race-car.html

The season starts in January 2023, and while it definitely isn't a stretch for the car to come out later in the season, I imagine having them racing in late January for Daytona would be good for the new car.

This teaser very well could be a trim level (I feel like it is honestly), but based on how I interpret the above I would think it's pretty likely we at least see the GT4 car sometime this year. The GT4 car will also look pretty similar to the production car, so it would be kind of odd to reveal one but not the other. I could be completely off base though, but just my random thoughts.
Revealing the race version of the S650 would be preferable over a trim. Iā€™ll take what they are willing to give. Any look at the next Gen I am itching for!
Sponsored