• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, GR86
sigh, yet another GT bigot with blinders on.

Don't get me wrong, the GT is nice, but plenty of us are sufficiently enlightened enough to choose Turbo4. I've even switched off between the I4 and the V8 even within the same day. The v6 had it's own charisma but lost out by virtue of the other motors being more rev-happy.
ECO boost more rev-happy? Meaning it doesn't rev as well? I owned a V6 Mustang at one time and I did like it, but the GT is better.

Regarding the Ecoboost vs GT debate…I don’t want a Mustang that isn’t a V8. There isn’t anything wrong with the EB, but if I’m getting a 4 cylinder I would rather get something smaller and lighter than a Mustang. Something that was built from the ground up to be a 4 cylinder instead of something that got that engine as an afterthought if that makes sense. It’s the same reason I’d go Nissan or BMW if I was getting a 6 cylinder.

I’m 26 and the Mustang has been my attainable dream car since I was 10. But I just got my career really started last year and I honestly I just can’t afford a V8 stang just yet. More than I need to be spending OTD, and I drive 60 miles a day for work. I can swing an EB, but with the last paragraph in mind I ordered a new Subaru BRZ instead. Obviously not as fast, but much smaller and lighter while still cool and fun.

Just giving my 2 cents. The dream will have to wait for now.
You will like the BRZ. I bought a GR86 this year. It's a lot of fun.

you're still out 35-37grand, no? Lots of EB under that range...
Less than 30 grand for the base car. And remember it weighs 1,000 lbs less than a Mustang. So it's a lot more sporty. The size of the BRZ/GR86 goes a lot better with a small engine. Yes you can get a base EB for less money, but if you add any options...

I did a search for a new EB Mustang near me and they are all over 40K.

Petter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Petter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Transit (2022), Mustang Mach-E (2021)
Regarding the unveil of the S650 Mustang Jim Farley said this on the Q2 2022 Results earnings call on 7/27:

"In the third quarter, we'll unveil an all new seventh generation Mustang at the North American International Auto Show in Detroit. It is a stunning car, and I'm so excited to share it with the world."

Getting closer!

Source: https://seekingalpha.com/article/45...y-on-q2-2022-results-earnings-call-transcript