• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
F1 is rapidly becoming one of the more popular sports out there. So there's a ton of opportunities to interact with fans. Farley also mentioned how taking an active role in F1 would help the company develop it's customer projects, especially in terms of areo. He said they're developing a secretive EV with a skunkworks style team where people with F1 experience are developing the areo. So it's already paying off in a way.
Interesting list. F1 is #1 in Motorsport and #11 overall.

https://sportsbrief.com/facts/top-listicles/16715-revealed-top-20-popular-sports-world-2023/
Sponsored

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I used to watch F1 when Vettel was on top of his game , but now F1 just does not interest me. The F1 races just seem boring with little passing done in a race. I find it hard to believe F1 aerodynamics will improve street cars.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I used to watch F1 when Vettel was on top of his game , but now F1 just does not interest me. The F1 races just seem boring with little passing done in a race. I find it hard to believe F1 aerodynamics will improve street cars.
I guess you didn't watch the 2021 or 2022 season :? The racing in the new era is the best it ever was literally. Lot's of passing and very very close racing closer than ever in F1.

PartyPatJDM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Saw this tease on Instagram. Ford replied 'See you tomorrow' but deleted it. What is it? Doesn't look like F1 wing(rumored partnership with Red Bull announcement tomorrow), and maybe not the GT4 wing? Kind of has the look on the sides of the Dark Horse HP wing with the gurney flap removed.. but maybe not exactly?

Edit: Wow, what if it is a Mach-e Dark Horse...

Edit 2: Yeah I hope it's a Dark Horse S.

Kinda looks like this wing

S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? Screenshot (58)

S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? Screenshot (59)

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
The diagram ford posted, with all the future performance cars, it showed a Mustang and a f150 lighting. Ford just showed some guy the lightning, so the Mustang could be around the corner too.
S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? Screenshot_20230209_072115_Chrome

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The diagram ford posted, with all the future performance cars, it showed a Mustang and a f150 lighting. Ford just showed some guy the lightning, so the Mustang could be around the corner too.
Screenshot_20230209_072115_Chrome.jpg
Some guy? That’s Daniel Riccardo, F1 driver and now back with Red Bull Racing. Hopefully he will be back and driving in 2026 when Ford is back in the game.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I just dont get why Ford would want to be in F1. It seems like a money pit to me.
F1 teams became profitable in the last years with the budget limits, at worst the low ranked teams are close to break even in the end. So of course more brands want to get back into F1 now (Ford, GM, Audi, Porsche). And Red Bull is definitely on the big profit side of the F1 teams.
Netflix show definitely helped to hype F1 in the US with more tracks in USA soon (looking forward to the Vegas track!).

On top the racing teams usally has nothing to do with budgets to produce and sells cars. With the GT500 they already have a high performance Mustang, it's one of the fastest cars for the money you can get. So we can all look forward for the Gen 7 Shelby models, especially with the rumors of an high displacement engine.

In the end I would love to see a Ford competitor to the Corvette, especially with what the new Z06 is doing and still 2 even higher performance models left. But with the current state of the industry I am really happy that Ford is doing a new V8 generation of the Mustang at all and is also investing in more gasoline powered racing (new Mustang GT3 will be awesome)

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? Mustang-GT3-2023-Teaser-1

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I love it and cannot wait. There is one gripe, and I know it is trivial due to that fact that it is a race car. Look at the panel gap on the left side of the tail light where the two panels intersect. Seems like a little waste of money to have that with carbon fiber.

Edit: I meant to say misaligned panel.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I love it and cannot wait. There is one gripe, and I know it is trivial due to that fact that it is a race car. Look at the panel gap on the left side of the tail light where the two panels intersect. Seems like a little waste of money to have that with carbon fiber.

Edit: I meant to say misaligned panel.
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...o-be-chief-transformation-officer--as-co.html

Maybe he will do a better job?
Although I doubt that he'll have much of a lasting impression on the S650... I expect him to maybe increase the built quality long term (Gen. 8 or future projects).

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Maybe he will do a better job?
unfortunately doubtful. The "culture" of Ford will hamper and slow-walk the changes because the organism is fundamentally not interested in change. No sooner than did Mullaly give up, Ford reverted to script.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
... I know it is trivial due to that fact that it is a race car. Look at the panel gap on the left side of the tail light where the two panels intersect. Seems like a little waste of money to have that with carbon fiber.
Trivial indeed. Race vehicles that utilize fiber are typically rough in terms of fitment. Panels are not intended to be Class A (IE, Class designations for paint, etc). Gap consistency is clearly not a primary concern here.

S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? GT3 Badass

S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? GT3 Badass3

S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? GT3 Baddass2

Last edited:

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Sponsored