• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
Some think this was a mach-e 1400 wing. I beg to differ, here's why. The vertical end pieces on the mach-e wing are completely flat. Here, they're very sharply angled. It could be a trick pulled with perspective, but I doubt it.

The mach-e wing also has a gap running along the mid surface of the wing. We would see that here running across the top of the wing, but we don't, it's clean.

Finally, those struts look like they flow into the roof horizontally, not essentially straight down like the mach-e.
Nahh bruh that’s definitely it
Sponsored

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
God I hate the Red Bull F1 team. But I'm interested to know why they're moving away from Honda given their recent success?

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
God I hate the Red Bull F1 team. But I'm interested to know why they're moving away from Honda given their recent success?
Honda is coming back to F1 in 2026. Red Bull wants engines to be built in their facility which Honda wouldn’t agree to.

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Looks like it was this. And per that screeenshot originally appears it was the Mach e drift car.

S650 Mustang Ford Performance teasing something.. Mustang Dark Horse S ? 2CCC6B6D-A283-4CB6-8FBC-D1E5F1116544

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I just dont get why Ford would want to be in F1. It seems like a money pit to me. I would rather Ford sell some ultra performance Mustangs for the street at a price people could afford. Even if Ford lost money on the street Mustangs , they would get great publicity that would cost less than a F1 program.

MustangMac67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F250
I just dont get why Ford would want to be in F1. It seems like a money pit to me. I would rather Ford sell some ultra performance Mustangs for the street at a price people could afford. Even if Ford lost money on the street Mustangs , they would get great publicity that would cost less than a F1 program.
The same reason they raced in the 60s. Brand recognition. Ego. I think that now it is also power train development using f1 tech for road cars

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Because if it weren’t for racing we would all be driving four cylinder four door cars putt putts. There would be no such thing as performance cars. F1 is the epitome of racing, always has been. Now that they are finally allowing us in, Ford and GM are salivating to get in in the action.

Just do not mix up racing and building street cars. Two different line items on the budget sheet. One really doesn’t effect the other.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
The same reason they raced in the 60s. Brand recognition. Ego. I think that now it is also power train development using f1 tech for road cars
Back in the sixties it was pure ego. Henry Ford II revenge against Enzo Ferrari for backing out of they purchase agreement.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
F1 is rapidly becoming one of the more popular sports out there. So there's a ton of opportunities to interact with fans. Farley also mentioned how taking an active role in F1 would help the company develop it's customer projects, especially in terms of areo. He said they're developing a secretive EV with a skunkworks style team where people with F1 experience are developing the areo. So it's already paying off in a way.
Sponsored