• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OCDave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150, 2024 Mustang Ecoboost
Since the Facebook page cover photo was updated today also with this picture, which to me resembles a racetrack at night, leads me to believe a race version is being revealed and not the street version.
S650 Mustang 6/1/22 unveil for S650 Mustang or something else? Screenshot 2022-05-31 181857
Sponsored

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Since the Facebook page cover photo was updated today also with this picture, which to me resembles a racetrack at night, leads me to believe a race version is being revealed and not the street version.
Screenshot 2022-05-31 181857.jpg

I dunno, looks like a normal street to me…. Typical double yellow center line. Typical yellow curve signs.

S650 Mustang 6/1/22 unveil for S650 Mustang or something else? B6A99950-CFDB-46C7-BA85-CDE9C4FD3834

Last edited:

jgilkey

Threads
Reaction score
Website
locusautomotive.com
Vehicle(s)
Ordered: 2021 Mach 1
I’m thinking it is the GT3 reveal. But, I wouldn’t rule out a S650 reveal (or hidden in the background as a teaser). Chip shortages may be pushing them towards more advanced orders on parts, which would be helped by an earlier reveal of the S650

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Chances of this being a last model year special for S550 are almost zero. I also think its too early for S650, so more likely a race variant. I hope I'm wrong though!
Maybe we get a grassroots club racing version like Toyota/Subaru GRCup/Yaris/86/FRS/Supra, or BMW M2 CS, or Miata, or ....
We could use a factory caged Ecoboost Mustang or lighter chassis like Fiesta/Focus/etc.

or maybe a Mustang 4 door, or Explorer w 10R80 and Coyote...

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I'm kind of surprised that no one has brought this up yet, but the next generation GT4 Mustang is supposed to be debuting in 2023. Ford pointed this out in their GT3 announcement:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...28/ford-performance-mustang-gt3-race-car.html

The season starts in January 2023, and while it definitely isn't a stretch for the car to come out later in the season, I imagine having them racing in late January for Daytona would be good for the new car.

This teaser very well could be a trim level (I feel like it is honestly), but based on how I interpret the above I would think it's pretty likely we at least see the GT4 car sometime this year. The GT4 car will also look pretty similar to the production car, so it would be kind of odd to reveal one but not the other. I could be completely off base though, but just my random thoughts.
Yeah, that's the most plausbile reveal here. The car will be a good hint at what the S650 will look like, so it could be the very first start of creating a S650 hype.

fordmustangnerd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Yeah, that's the most plausbile reveal here. The car will be a good hint at what the S650 will look like, so it could be the very first start of creating a S650 hype.
If this was the case ford performance would have posted the same.. but only ford motor company and ford mustang posted.. so idk.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
4 Door Mustang Mach-1-E Electric station wagon Raptor Shelby incoming.

jnad32

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
4 Door Mustang Mach-1-E Electric station wagon Raptor Shelby incoming.
I know it's a joke, but if someone wants to actually sell a performance wagon in the US, I would be ecstatic.

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I know it's a joke, but if someone wants to actually sell a performance wagon in the US, I would be ecstatic.
That Audi wagon is a beauty! but, over 100K

Shelbeast

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 and MME-GT
I’m thinking it is the GT3 reveal. But, I wouldn’t rule out a S650 reveal (or hidden in the background as a teaser). Chip shortages may be pushing them towards more advanced orders on parts, which would be helped by an earlier reveal of the S650
I really hope not. Most people can only dream of it.