• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

24GT - Driving Impression from a noob

Maunissan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024
Hello friends!

I got my GT today after never have driven a Mustang or a muscle car before. I love it but I also have some weird impressions.

Before you curse me for writing some nonsenses, please know that 1) im a terrible driver 2) i have never had a car like thisā€¦ so for me is like loosing virginity with a movie star. I pretty much dont know what to do :).

My impression driving the car for one hour only over a mixed route (city-road) so far are:

- the car feels heavy.

At low speeds, it looks like I am trying to drive with other foot on the brakeā€¦ I step on the gas gently and the car seems to struggle to move, like dragging its weight. So i step on the gas a little less gently and the car kicks in, speeding abruptly. It seems hard to control de acceleration at low speeds-gear.

- when the transmission downshifts, sometimes it seems a bit lost like if you shifting from a high to a low gear abruptly.. it shakes a bit.

- im used to my maverick and she seems a way lighter and smarter. You step on the gas and the car responds quickly.

The mustang though seems to struggle a bit to overcome the inertia. I feel like im driving a Denali until de transmission awakes. Its like no speed-power or too much speed-power. Like driving a Airbus in the middle of the city. The car seems to answer a way better at higher shifts-speeds.

I cant explain the sensation clearly. It just feels weird.

Not that i have not liked. I love it. Is it just a matter getting used to the car or maybe Im doing something wrong?

tyy
Sponsored

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
The mustang though seems to struggle a bit to overcome the inertia.

The car seems to answer a way better at higher shifts-speeds.

Not that i have not liked. I love it. Is it just a matter getting used to the car or maybe Im doing something wrong?

tyy
I experienced this at first, like hit the gas and it had a lag. From what others have said it is normal due to the electronic throttle response,causes a slight delay when pressing the pedal

I still love the car, it's fast as hell and the delay makes it harder to do burnouts so I'll save money on tires

Deleted member 60890

Something is very wrong when I put my GT in sport mode and just tap the gas at a stoplight my tires tweak and itā€™s off.

I canā€™t wait until some of the gearheads on this site make a comment and help you diagnose whatā€™s going on.

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
I assume you have the automatic and what you feel is the sensation of a heavy car with tall gearing on one side and a engine that has not much low to mid range Torqueā€¦It needs to get to higher rpm to make some power and you feel the delay which is not smooth eitherā€¦Nothing shorter gearing and a 5.8 L engine could not overcome until Ford comes up with a all new and hopefully lighter chassisā€¦

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I assume you have the automatic and what you feel is the sensation of a heavy car with tall gearing on one side and a engine that has not much low to mid range Torqueā€¦It needs to get to higher rpm to make some power and you feel the delay which is not smooth eitherā€¦Nothing shorter gearing and a 5.8 L engine could not overcome until Ford comes up with a all new and hopefully lighter chassisā€¦
I get a 500ms throttle response delay just revving in neutral. From what others have said on here, this is the electronic throttle programmed that way

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
- It sounds like you're lugging the engine. As mentioned, consider different drive modes or manually down-shifting. Sport+ is a step up from Normal, while retaining traction control

- You and the car are getting used to one another. I've got a manual, and have been driving them forever. But it was several drives before me and the car settled with one another

- The transmission and drivetrain are breaking in. The auto is still learning your driving habits. There's a certain amount of insight retained in the car's Powertrain Control Module. Several drivers report the 10r80 transmission working better over time

- Continue to follow Ford's break-in guidance and see what comes about

- You'll have to use your perception and experience, but if you continue to feel something is not right, chat the issue up with your dealer. With the 10R80 auto, there have been several instances of something as simple as low fluid level from the factory. It not something that plagues every 10r80 owner, but it can happen

I can't speak to any characteristics of the electronic throttle and delays. Maybe this is something Ford can improve upon with future Over The Air updates.

And Welcome. :thumbsup:

https://www.mustang7g.com/forums/threads/introduce-yourself-to-mustang7g.156050/

Last edited:

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Yawn

Karguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Challenger 6.4 Widebody 6 speed
Did you notice what @Karguy drives. Just ignore him, heā€™s a troll.
Who cares what I currently driveā€¦I tested a few S650s and felt the same sensation that the engine needs 4000 rpm to wake upā€¦

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Put some mies on it, adaptive shift needs to learn your driving habits.
This is TRUTH!! I must say that now itā€™s as smooth as can be. Shifts are crisp and throttle response, in my opinion, are sharp and ready with little throttle hesitation. The addition of my X-Pipe almost ā€¦ again in my opinion, seems like it woke something up!!

jboogie1289

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Oxford White Mustang GT w/ PP, AE & NPP Pkg
Keep learning it and let it learn your driving habits. You definitely will need more miles on it to have it learn your preferences and driving habits. I Love my S650 GT.
Sponsored