• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
I take the completely opposite view. In fact, there are many products I love (including my other car and motorcycle) where I don't see issues that people who drive hundreds of vehicles for a living do.

My winter "beater" is the 2013 Audi A6 3.0T. The biggest criticism reviewers had of that car? The "disconnected and numb steering". The number of times I had that complaint on my own: zero!

I am not jumping from a Ferrari to an Aston Martin to M5 competition every other day. I have 2-3 vehicles that I drive for long periods of time. I enjoy learning about their quirks and that's what makes it fun. No car is "perfect".

Many people who drove the Mustang actually found the steering to be an improvement. That's not to say "everyone" should find it better, but that's because people are looking for different things.

As far as Thomas' comment about the steering, I can say with full confidence that there are a tiny fraction of people who'll push the GT to the limit where they'll notice it. It seems like Thomas is one of them. You might be too, but if you were then you likely already had the deposit down on a Dark Horse or own a Mach-1 because the GT isn't designed for you. IT's designed for casual enthusiasts who ocassionally take it to canyons and rarely on the track (if ever) where their skill is no where close to pushing the car to its limits.
I couldnā€™t disagree more, but I really donā€™t have the energy or focus to talk about this point by point, so agree to disagree šŸ‘
Sponsored

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Maybe this whole Over-the-Air updates can address the steering tuning. That is assuming Ford thinks its problem.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
It's honestly even more confusing cause the outgoing S550 already has 2 screens šŸ¤”šŸ¤”
All they did was make them bigger and remove an unnecessary bezel and somehow the inside is "gameified"
After months of seeing the s650, the s550's center screen looks extremely dated. Almost like an old TV screen with the inset black plastic bezel

old-black-tv-isolated-on-260nw-231643060.jpg

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
After months of seeing the s650, the s550's center screen looks extremely dated. Almost like an old TV screen with the inset black plastic bezel

old-black-tv-isolated-on-260nw-231643060.jpg
Can a mod pin this post?

Talking to the boys about this tonight at poker, we all agreed comparing interiors that the old gen looks very nice; however the new gen makes it look extremely outdated. M6G forums are all over the dash but IMO they fail to look at the total package.
The S650 owns the streets and S550ā€™s are ā€œout of dateā€

I pray everyone gets their mustangs before September =)

Last edited:

RealEvan125

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
All in the one place!

GT

ARTICLES

Auto123
Autoblog
Autopian
Car and Driver
Carbuzz
Cars.com

Detroit Bureau
Driving.ca
Forbes
Gear Patrol

Globe and Mail
Hagerty
Jalopnik
Motor1
Motor Authority
MotorTrend
Road & Track
Slashgear
The Drive

VIDEOS

Throttle House

CJ Pony Parts

Joe Raiti

Auto Buyers Guide | Alex on Autos

The Straight Pipes

American Muscle

TFLnow

Vaughn Gittin Jr.

Car Gurus

The Smoking Tire

Kelly Blue Book

Edmunds Cars

Steeda

Motor1

Revan Evan

StangMode

A Girls Guide to Cars

That Dude In Blue

Motormouth

Everyday Reviews

Will add more to this post as they are released.
Are there any 2024 base GTs with the stock exhaust videos?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
LIKE THIS? THIS WAS MY 2023 RENTAL BMW
IMG_8945.jpeg

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
LIKE THIS? THIS WAS MY 2023 RENTAL BMW
IMG_8945.jpeg
Even more egregious of a sore thumb here than in the S650... but at least the screen doesn't look like a Nintendo Wii U

1690521523228.png

Wish the S650 at least had those tiny bezels and thin frames

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
All the complaining about the screens tells me people donā€™t realize whatā€™s about to happen.

the screens will need to be like TV/stream entertainmentā€¦ because YOU ARE NOT GONG TO BE DRIVING THE CAR much longer.

mark my wordsā€¦ the steering wheels days are numbered.

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Even more egregious of a sore thumb here than in the S650... but at least the screen doesn't look like a Nintendo Wii U

1690521523228.png

Wish the S650 at least had those tiny bezels and thin frames
this again looks like the s550 screen

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
Regarding the screens: Yes they could have been integrated better, but since every single carmaker is doing it that way, it's fine to me. I like it way more than the ugly glued on center tablet look that is currently finally fading.
Also every thing is better than the horrible SYNC3 visuals that look like a kids first tablet toy combined with the windows xp style light blue fading colors.

As far as Thomas' comment about the steering, I can say with full confidence that there are a tiny fraction of people who'll push the GT to the limit where they'll notice it. It seems like Thomas is one of them. You might be too, but if you were then you likely already had the deposit down on a Dark Horse or own a Mach-1 because the GT isn't designed for you. IT's designed for casual enthusiasts who ocassionally take it to canyons and rarely on the track (if ever) where their skill is no where close to pushing the car to its limits.
You are saying "This won't affect me so this is not a flaw" but instead you should see it like "This is a flaw but it won't effect me". It's totally fine to accept flaws a car have or have a driving profile where you might not even see the problem. Every single car has it's downsides. And often the aftermarket delivers very good solutions for problems. But saying it's totally fine for a brand new Mustang generation in 2023 (that offers a performance package) to have worse steering feel than the outgoing model is quite narrowed minded. The car has multiple steering modes, so it should actually affect something. Only with stating and discussing those problems Ford will have a chance to see and fix it (mabye for the refresh or the GT3.street model)

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Thing is the steering is either numb/vague/without feedback or can be somewhat in between(e.g the MX5( better with mods)) or the opposite

Then what is personal preference is a different thing.

Once one has driven a car that provides feedback and a front end that loads/hooks up (e.g the new M3/M4 feedback could be better though) and when you compare that to a car with lack thereof the differences and impact is quite noticable and you don't have to be at 10/10 to feel it.

Last edited:

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
Also, I can't see how optioning magneride has any bearing on steering feel.
It has everything to do with it. Steering in itself is a simple mechanical process, but the feel comes from the response the car gives with the input of this outside process. The Magneride provides the ability to instantaneously give optimum stability and support through the chassis, which will make the steering feel easier compared to a standard shocks and springs set up.
Sponsored