• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
I do not have pricing for Europe, as I am basing my opinion on the price difference in the United States. I have watched several reviews of the M2, including one by Savagegeese, in which he said that he felt "dead inside" after driving it. I have also seen the Throttle House review, in which they chose the Audi RS3 over the M2. Based on these reviews, I do not believe that the M2 is a suitable alternative. I'm not looking for a track car though so it doesn't matter if mustang is slower. That's also why I'm a bit disappointed because I don't mind a slower heavier car but I want steering feel and driving emotions.

Mustang GT is not a sports car and is significantly slower than the RS3 and GTS 4.0 in most track reviews. Isn't it like 300 kg heavier than the GTS 4.0 ?
As I posted abough mine is modified for track duty but still around 1690-1700 kg and 420 hp. While the GTS 4.0 was on stock PZero tires and is around 1500 kg with 450 hp or so doing 100-200 in 9.5 while the Mustang does it in 12.5 on the 402 mile the Mustang don't stand a chance on a short technical track with lots of corners though my bigger tires better suspension compensate all the difference it can make on the short corners. My friend was very disapointed. I also have a friend with BMW M4 G82 on the short technical track when the car was stock he was slower than me by 0.5 sec ones he put more power better tires he is now almost 1.5 seconds faster. This is why I think the M2 will be amazing car out of the box as it's a bit lighter than M4 is technically an M4 ones you tune it and it's cheaper than a Dark Horse.

Overall if you don't chase lap times and get an EU Spec GT which will be chaeper (60 000 euro or so) you will get a lot of value for your money because I don't think there are a lot of cars for that money that will grant you so much attention for so little money.

I have the Mustang for 5 years now and I'm still surprised how often people look it and the attention is generating.

Also if you wish to know what an EU spec mustang can do watch Misha and his Nurburgring lap with the Steeda Q767
Sponsored

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
The STIG enjoyed the DH, but also thought the steering needed more feedback.

Stangmode loved it. Also looks like DH symbol will be on the puddle lights (7:03).

Both reviews had some good things. All these live reviews have me wanting my DH even more now.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
So let's break this down for the Americans here cause I'm seeing some comparisons that don't make sense.
GT 401A with PP: ~60k
DH: ~62k
Base C8 with PP: ~75k
M2: ~65k
Cayman GT4???: ~105k

Alright, so let's go ahead and axe the GT4 I don't even know why it's being talked about, it's clearly in another league.
Stang vs M2: A fully loaded (think safety, features, packages) mustang comes in cheaper than an M2. For me, once I start clicking the options I would actually want on my BMW, the price easily hits $75k. Is it really a $25k better car than a mustang? I think the M2 is a great car but there's literally nothing exciting about modern BMWs. Their exhaust notes make them even worse. I had the chance to drive a X5M Competition and man that car was stupid fast but it really wasn't exciting. So refined you couldn't even feel how ridiculous it was. Then we get to aftermarket costs, maintenance costs, feature comparison, and the M2 really starts to lose. I personally don't think the two are being cross shopped outside of the fact that they are 2+2 coupes. I want that V8 all day.
Stang vs Vette: Vette is a better car, but again, look at the prices. Also, let's look at the daily driver-ability of the two. The vette gets a small frunk compared to the super useable space in the stang. Also, are you really gonna pay $75k for a car without heated/cooled seats and blind spot montoring? You immediately go up to the 2LT and you're over $80k. Again, is anyone really cross shopping the 2?
Stang vs Dark Horse: I'll keep this one short, I personally believe that the DH is overpriced with the addition of the appearance and/or handling package. However, I think a majority of those costs will be recovered once it's time to sell. Personally, I would get a base DH if money wasn't an object, but I'm planning on mine being a daily so leather seats and normal tires is what I want.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
I am disappointed that Ford did not improve the steering on the Dark Horse model compared to the GT. Additionally, it is likely that we will not receive the handling package and Torsen differential in Europe. This is a problem because the Dark Horse is priced in the same range as a fully loaded RS3 or M2, and just 15,000 euros below the GTS 4.0. I expected more from them at this price point.
It’s confirmed prices in Europe?

Baldilocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium California Special
So let's break this down for the Americans here cause I'm seeing some comparisons that don't make sense.
GT 401A with PP: ~60k
DH: ~62k
Base C8 with PP: ~75k
M2: ~65k
Cayman GT4???: ~105k

Alright, so let's go ahead and axe the GT4 I don't even know why it's being talked about, it's clearly in another league.
Stang vs M2: A fully loaded (think safety, features, packages) mustang comes in cheaper than an M2. For me, once I start clicking the options I would actually want on my BMW, the price easily hits $75k. Is it really a $25k better car than a mustang? I think the M2 is a great car but there's literally nothing exciting about modern BMWs. Their exhaust notes make them even worse. I had the chance to drive a X5M Competition and man that car was stupid fast but it really wasn't exciting. So refined you couldn't even feel how ridiculous it was. Then we get to aftermarket costs, maintenance costs, feature comparison, and the M2 really starts to lose. I personally don't think the two are being cross shopped outside of the fact that they are 2+2 coupes. I want that V8 all day.
Stang vs Vette: Vette is a better car, but again, look at the prices. Also, let's look at the daily driver-ability of the two. The vette gets a small frunk compared to the super useable space in the stang. Also, are you really gonna pay $75k for a car without heated/cooled seats and blind spot montoring? You immediately go up to the 2LT and you're over $80k. Again, is anyone really cross shopping the 2?
Stang vs Dark Horse: I'll keep this one short, I personally believe that the DH is overpriced with the addition of the appearance and/or handling package. However, I think a majority of those costs will be recovered once it's time to sell. Personally, I would get a base DH if money wasn't an object, but I'm planning on mine being a daily so leather seats and normal tires is what I want.
Build price for the M2 (mine) is $66K, identical to the build I did for the Dark Horse. I'd take the interior and the playfulness of the M2 any day - just wish it had the sound of the DH.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Build price for the M2 (mine) is $66K, identical to the build I did for the Dark Horse. I'd take the interior and the playfulness of the M2 any day - just wish it had the sound of the DH.
Thank you for proving my point

Marty1000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD: 2016 Mustang V6
Based on all the reviews it is very good car to buy, but sorry not at 20K over MSRP. At 80K plus there are other cars that are more fun to drive. Above 80K for example you have the Cadillac CT5-BW and used GT500 cars as other choices. Ford is making these DH "limited cars" to make their dealers very cash happy later this year!

Rio Lobo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si
He ran to 60mph in the GT in 3.9 and he was only able to do 4.1 in the Dark Horse. He has a Dark Horse on order and he is more into drag racing so he seemed sad about the whole experience in my opinion.
He said many times it's his favorite mustang even though it's not the fastest. The level tone he was using sounded to me like he couldn't believe he was saying it's his favorite, not that he was sad. Like he didn't want to buy into what he was being told by Ford marketing.

You got me to watch his video because I was curious to see what he was like when he wasn't all hype.

On another note: Where are all the other reviewers? I feel like there were a lot more GT videos posted last week than there are DH videos this week.

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
Busy probably, Ford did the GTs in LA and the DH in North Carolina, not as many people could make it most likely.

friscoaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Expedition, Rogue, Cruze, '54 F-100, 24 Mustang DH
Is there any more clarification on this "soft-limiter" thing that C&D and MT mentioned? Above all else, for me at least, that kind of thing is a massive killer of engine character. Wasn't this engine beefed up to handle more revs? If it can't sweep to it's redline naturally, that's a HUGE bummer.
I wonder if the pre-production cars have the soft limiter or it is setting on the production cars. Doesn't make much sense to have a redline you cannot reach.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I wonder if the pre-production cars have the soft limiter or it is setting on the production cars. Doesn't make much sense to have a redline you cannot reach.

C8s wont let you hit redline until break in miles are complete......maybe that is the case here as well.....I can't see Ford putting a soft limiter on before redline.......something doesnt make sense

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 GT vert A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 A10 / ‘23 Mach 1 6MT

5.0ALM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RAV4 Cruiser, S650 allocated, waiting...
REVan Evan

Sponsored