• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New UK Media Reviews Dark Horse

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
If you can't see the difference between what you wrote and what I wrote you should go back to school. Different words, different meanings. The two sentences are NOT the same

You said that you will feel that the car is a little bit more pushier with the small torque increase.

The torque increase will potentially make the S650 feel slightly punchier, but in reality the natural variability between engines is probably more than the differences in those figures
Sponsored

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
If you can't see the difference between what you wrote and what I wrote you should go back to school. Different words, different meanings. The two sentences are NOT the same

You said that you will feel that the car is a little bit more pushier with the small torque increase.

The torque increase will potentially make the S650 feel slightly punchier, but in reality the natural variability between engines is probably more than the differences in those figures
You're done ๐Ÿ˜‚

VLG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost
There might be, although the S650 in Europe is a lot more locked down tune wise apparently. The legality of these tunes will also be doubtful post July 2024, together with 'sports' exhausts and cats. It may not be worth the hassle for the marginal gains.
Wait what's going to happen on July 2024?๐Ÿ˜ฎ

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
There might be, although the S650 in Europe is a lot more locked down tune wise apparently. The legality of these tunes will also be doubtful post July 2024, together with 'sports' exhausts and cats. It may not be worth the hassle for the marginal gains.
What happens in July?

2022 Mach 1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1
Has anyone tuned the S650 ECU? Besides a Whipple tune, I have not seen any custom tuning so far.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
I don't disagree with you at all, but the Mustang community has always liked to tinker, so I suspect we will see kits and custom tunes etc

A lot of the discussion is nugatory anyway, unless you are on track, there are not too many places where you can unleash the full potential of any car with power like that. Most of the time I'm sat in traffic with people who have no concept of lane discipline or what National speed limits are.....

For the majority I suspect it's Top Trumps bragging rights and just the car itself. There's nothing wrong with that, just enjoy it, even if you don't get above 50.....๐Ÿ˜‚

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
The Euro 7 regulations were watered down a little in December, with implementation dates pushed out to July 2026 for new cars, I suspect this will slip some more as well.

There's some discussion about the validity of the new regulations and the additional cost of compliance to small vehicles, plus it's not a UK regulation. However, with that said I suspect we will adopt it even if it's for export requirement's.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Euro 7 regulations were watered down a little in December, with implementation dates pushed out to July 2026 for new cars, I suspect this will slip some more as well.

There's some discussion about the validity of the new regulations and the additional cost of compliance to small vehicles, plus it's not a UK regulation. However, with that said I suspect we will adopt it even if it's for export requirement's.
July 2025 for most of it (Euro 7) but some other stuff such as mandatory speed warnings are this summer.

UK follows EU type approval, we don't have any way to do it ourselves and it looks very unlikely we will setup the infrastructure / process for it until 2026 at the earliest. Currently the only way of getting UK type approval (GB only exc NI) is after EU approval. In effect GB approval is just a rubber stamp of the EU approval.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Cars will be fitted with an Event Data Recorder plus Euro 7 comes sometime in 2024 with emissions control software and monitoring. The car will monitor it's own outputs and restrict activity after a certain time if the car exceeds the homologated levels. I don't see how third party tuning will get around this?

On-Board Monitoring of Emissions in the Future Euro 7 Standard (sae.org)
WTFยก? How they will do it? All new ICE cars will get this system?

The 2024 Mustang is Euro 6.2, honestly I think when the euro 7 plan becomes effective, Ford will stop selling the mustang in Europe. However was delayed:

https://www.consilium.europa.eu/en/...l-deal-on-emissions-limits-for-road-vehicles/

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
WTFยก? How they will do it? All new ICE cars will get this system?

The 2024 Mustang is Euro 6.2
No need to worry about Euro 7 it's not been agreed yet and won't be in cars before 2026. Still in the discussion phase.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, but won't affect a car you buy now.
No, but Ford (as other companies) will be well aware of Euro7 and will be building cars with that in mind. The lead time on car development is long, Ford will be working on the 'facelift / mid life refresh' S650 already, never mind planning for the S750. If you don't take this sort of stuff into account then you may get stuck with something you cannot sell when the platform cannot be made to support required features. Toyota GR86 is a good example where the sales life has been curtailed because the development costs to comply with European legislation are more than the sales are worth.

You really need to keep your fingers crossed that Ford have got Euro 7 covered off in the Mustang or it will soon be gone!
Sponsored