• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New UK Media Reviews Dark Horse

OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
This.

I don't think the number is official, it was never stated by Ford. They're not even testing the EU version in that article ...
Well If you don’t think it’s accurate then it can’t be!
Sponsored

OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
So the new Mustang might be even slower than the previous model in Europe. WTF Ford.

German magazine report the same. Final numbers might change a bit, but 440 bhp for GT and 450bhp for DH is really underwhelming. So we bascially get a slower car then previous gen. Honestly who spends 80k€ on a Dark Horse with no handling package, less power then previous Bullitt and Mach 1 and therefore most likely even less sound that the outgoing models.

Why should anybody trade in their 18-23 Mustang for a slower car?

Topmodell Ford Mustang Dark Horse im Fahrbericht | AUTO MOTOR UND SPORT (auto-motor-und-sport.de)
Ford Mustang Dark Horse (2024) im Test: Neuer Name, altes Lied? (motor1.com)
Ford need to find a way of circumventing the EU emission regs or the Dark Horse might prove to be a bit of a flop.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
We'll have to wait for the official figures but if these numbers accurate then it's a real shame 😭

Many of these have been sitting for 8 months and they have been reducing and reducing.... I am guessing the S650 will not be selling at all here if the list prices are the same (or even higher)as the current s550. Some of these M1s had a price of 740k SEK

Screenshot_20230804_131627_Blocket.jpg

OP
OP

JamesAnd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
If i was a betting man id say these numbers are correct. If you look at the Ranger Raptor that was detuned to less than 300hp when in US and Oz was about 400hp. So this fits in with the type of bull that would be expected from emission regulations.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
Ford need to find a way of circumventing the EU emission regs or the Dark Horse might prove to be a bit of a flop.
Clearly that will never happen - they cannot be circumvented.

The difference between 450, 440 460PS is all pretty academic considering torque is what really matters for acceleration. It could be something as simple as a lower rev limit on UK cars with no impact lower down the rev range. The natural variation between engines is probably at least 10PS anyway.

It will only matter on the track and when playing Top Trumps

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So, 440-435hp? New model with less hp than the previous one....
Not really

Current GT is 450PS, S650 will be 445PS, 10PS less than the 455PS Dark Horse according to Autocar.

You will not be able to tell the difference between those.

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
There will be a tune/exhaust or other mod to return it to normal, which is what everyone will do.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
There will be a tune/exhaust or other mod to return it to normal, which is what everyone will do.
There might be, although the S650 in Europe is a lot more locked down tune wise apparently. The legality of these tunes will also be doubtful post July 2024, together with 'sports' exhausts and cats. It may not be worth the hassle for the marginal gains.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Well it's confirmed now.

453hp for the Dark Horse
446hp for GT

😂😂😂😂
It is actually 446PS for the GT which is 4PS down on the S550 (<1%), but torque is up by 11Nm(>2%)

DH is 453PS which is 7PS down on the Mach 1 (<2%), but again 11Nm up on torque (>2%)

The torque increase will potentially make the S650 feel slightly punchier, but in reality the natural variability between engines is probably more than the differences in those figures. Even running standard unleaded v premium unleaded will make that much difference!

Effectively the S650 is the same as the S550 in Europe.

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
It is actually 446PS for the GT which is 4PS down on the S550 (<1%), but torque is up by 11Nm(>2%)

DH is 453PS which is 7PS down on the Mach 1 (<2%), but again 11Nm up on torque (>2%)

The torque increase will potentially make the S650 feel slightly punchier, but in reality the natural variability between engines is probably more than the differences in those figures. Even running standard unleaded v premium unleaded will make that much difference!

Effectively the S650 is the same as the S550 in Europe.
The torque increase will make the car feel punshier? You really think these low amounts of increase will make people feel any difference? 😂

The EU S650 is slower than the EU S550

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The torque increase will make the car feel punshier? You really think these low amounts of increase will make people feel any difference? 😂

The EU S650 is slower than the EU S550
No - I clearly said I didn't think it would make any difference and that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between equivalent S550 and S650

RaceRedder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dark Horse HP
No - I clearly said I didn't think it would make any difference and that you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between equivalent S550 and S650
You are reading it wrong.

I literally commented about what you said. You said that you will feel that the car is a little bit more pushier with the small torque increase.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You are reading it wrong.

I literally commented about what you said. You said that you will feel that the car is a little bit more pushier with the small torque increase.
I DID NOT SAY THAT

Below exactly what I said. 'potentially' and 'slightly' are very clear even if you don't seem to be able to grasp it 🤷‍♂️ You have then changed the wording and accused me of saying it - it doesn't work like that.

The torque increase will potentially make the S650 feel slightly punchier, but in reality the natural variability between engines is probably more than the differences in those figures