• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

New UK Media Reviews Dark Horse

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
I get all that, but it won't affect this first release, so the issues around sensors and other parts of Euro 7 are moot with this model. To be honest I don't see Ford making a Euro 7 Mustang, except maybe as an Eco boost.....
Sponsored

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
I get all that, but it won't affect this first release, so the issues around sensors and other parts of Euro 7 are moot with this model. To be honest I don't see Ford making a Euro 7 Mustang, except maybe as an Eco boost.....
Indeed, the current car is Euro 6.2 as mentioned above

Ecoboost never sold well, so will not come back to the UK or Europe - never worth the costs for a few hundred cars

Euro7 Mustang is probable I would say, I'd be surprised if they didn't, as otherwise they probably wouldn't have bothered with the S650 in Europe at all. Remember Euro 7 was supposed to be this summer, so when the S650 was being developed they would have assumed it would be in place when the first European cars were going to be shipped. I think you will find all of the Euro7 stuff is mostly done already and will just be a MY update once the final version of the regulations is ratified.

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
I think adding the Euro 7 requirements when they haven't been formalised yet on just cars for Europe would be an expensive and risky call. Especially since implementation doesn't need to be on production cars for 30 months after implementation of the rules.

As far as monitoring of sensors is concerned most cars can do that to a greater or lesser degree already, I can't see that being a technical hitch for Ford. They have extensive Telematics that they monitor for Fleet services already, so they're pretty good at it.

I think the tyre and brake particulates is the one I'm worried about. How will that effect performance tyres, pads and discs?

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think adding the Euro 7 requirements when they haven't been formalised yet on just cars for Europe would be an expensive and risky call. Especially since implementation doesn't need to be on production cars for 30 months after implementation of the rules.

As far as monitoring of sensors is concerned most cars can do that to a greater or lesser degree already, I can't see that being a technical hitch for Ford. They have extensive Telematics that they monitor for Fleet services already, so they're pretty good at it.

I think the tyre and brake particulates is the one I'm worried about. How will that effect performance tyres, pads and discs?
Yes, but there is a difference between planning, keeping options open and implementation. As you say Ford will be on top of this and already have plans in place hopefully. Toyota GR86 proves that is not always the case!

There are plenty of performance cars that will need a solution to the tyre and brake standards so fairly safe to say there will be a solution. After all powerful EV's are probably just as bad as performance cars.

Stegefal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered, not arrived yet
There are plenty of performance cars that will need a solution to the tyre and brake standards so fairly safe to say there will be a solution. After all powerful EV's are probably just as bad as performance cars.
I noticed the tyre and brake requirements for EV's was different, which didn't make much sense, surely you just make a standard for all vehicles of that type irrespective of drive train?

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
The problem for Ford is that their most iconic models are Mustang, Ranger, Bronco, Explorer... and they don't sell Fiestas and Focus like years ago.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem for Ford is that their most iconic models are Mustang, Ranger, Bronco, Explorer... and they don't sell Fiestas and Focus like years ago.
Not sure why that is a problem?

They made virtually no profit on the Fiesta which is one of the reasons they stopped selling it, compared to the cars they sell now.

Bullit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
waiting Dark Horse
Not sure why that is a problem?

They made virtually no profit on the Fiesta which is one of the reasons they stopped selling it, compared to the cars they sell now.
Because the automotive market has changed and Ford failed to adapt, however I think the European Union is also responsible for this, there are more companies with problems.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144