• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Don’t let the cat out of the bag and kill my insurance ….

But the only diff is supposed to be in the tune.
Tbh I'm wondering what they did tune wise. Because that engine base is more than capable of 500. Then the DH you'd think with the rods and stuff can handle more than 500. So Ford left extra food on the table for us to find for sure. I just wanna know what the hp for the other stands will be once released.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Tbh I'm wondering what they did tune wise. Because that engine base is more than capable of 500. Then the DH you'd think with the rods and stuff can handle more than 500. So Ford left extra food on the table for us to find for sure. I just wanna know what the hp for the other stands will be once released.
That’s the million dollar (err 300k) question.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Well they probably held back the tuning to make CAFE standards, as they assumed price alone would reduce demand for a nearly 70k Mustang that was not a specialty version, while at the same time grabbing as much cash Ford could from early adopters since any future versions wouldn't be developed for 2-5 years which, coincidentatly is probably when some might actually get their Darkhorses built.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Somebody didn’t know how to shift. You’ll get some YouTubers who do and they’ll post the real numbers.

Even better, testing with the A10 will show what it can really do.

that said, Ford has laid the groundwork for a truly impressive Coyote, yet we aren’t seeing it yet. As has often been the case historically, power figures are similar to previous gen for the first couple of years.

be interesting to see Ford unleash the new v8 a bit and see how far they went. Especially with the EV stuff being pushed on us.

Last edited:

ALUSA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, 2017 Cadillac CTS, 22 2ss1le
I believe that a lot of us with the 18+ refresh will wait. But a number of owners of the 1st gen 15'-17' will make the switch.
I went from a 15 gtpp manual to a 22 2ss 1le manual camaro. I was considering the Dark Horse but once the pricing was announced, it was a hard pass for me. I also traded a 12 ss\rs manual camaro for the mustang pp back in the day. For the price per value camaro made more sense to me and it still does. It is pretty interesting that a Dark Horse, zl1 and a c8 can be in the same price range.

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
This is a mistake right?

Says no-lit shifts for the GT?

Screenshot 2023-08-29 171051.png

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
I think they meant rev-matching?

RBGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S650 GT Premium, 6 spd
No lift shift and rev match are 2 different things. No lift shift means you never have to lift off the accelerator when shifting.
I know what no lift shifts are.
I meant C&D made a mistake as I believe the GT with the MT82 does NOT have no-lift shifting.

I know the Tremec does on the DH and Mach1.

I may be wrong, if the GT has it too, thats a great bonus!

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I know what no lift shifts are.
I meant C&D made a mistake as I believe the GT with the MT82 does NOT have no-lift shifting.

I know the Tremec does on the DH and Mach1.

I may be wrong, if the GT has it too, thats a great bonus!
Oh I see I misunderstood you. Apologies. I'm not sure if the MT-82 has it or not. Good question

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
S650 gained weight, comes with worse tires, (imo) isn't faster than the S550, and the price went up considerably. Combine that with high interest rates on loans and I think next summer dealers will be begging people to buy one.

I want to see the Dark Horse numbers personally. If it is only .1 faster than a 2021 Mach 1 I won't be surprised. That makes it a tough sell to me.

You know Ford is already offering Leases for these cars. Something Ford has generally never done for Mustangs other than the Ecobooms.

OP
OP
Dave2013M3

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
A lot of people will look at it like this: The old car is: lighter, faster, more easily modified (for now at least) and most importantly cheaper. That matters to a lot of people. There will be a mid-cycle refresh where Ford will update the S650 and I'm sure it will be given more power. Until that happens S550 owners may just wait.

I am in this camp now. I am either going to hold on to what I have for a while or moving on to an M2. The only thing that is keeping me from jumping ship is the V8. I do have love for the BMW I6 though, I have had a few of them with 2 E46 M3s. Granted those were different power plants with the S54 but the BMW I6 is a gem.

However, as soon as my local dealer has one in stock for to take a look at I could change my mind.
Sponsored