• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
You missed the 2018 test that I posted as well. That is on the same size tire, granted they were MIch PS4S, but still when I look at the mph its a wash even though there is supposedly a 26hp difference, yet the 2018 is right there. In fact some metrics even quicker.
I did miss that

Looks like a wash from a dig. The weight must wipe out any power gains when it comes to getting traction

In-gear acceleration is better based on 5-60 and 50-70, which makes sense too

Taking launch out of the equation, the ā€˜24 is negligibly faster
Sponsored

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Can we get some real numbers with an auto

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
The 2018 1/4mile trap speed is 115 vs. 114, 0-150mph is .5 seconds quicker than the 2024.
S650 gained weight, comes with worse tires, (imo) isn't faster than the S550, and the price went up considerably. Combine that with high interest rates on loans and I think next summer dealers will be begging people to buy one.

I want to see the Dark Horse numbers personally. If it is only .1 faster than a 2021 Mach 1 I won't be surprised. That makes it a tough sell to me.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
Does this mean the times are without a 1ft roll-out ? "Results above omit 1-ft roll-out..." Omit in this context= 0.3 sec have not been deducted ? Or they have calculated with the 1ft, meaning without 1ft it would 4.5
Screenshot_20230826_160136_Samsung Internet.jpg

Last edited:

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The previous test are they with or without 1ft?

The 2018 time posted earlier in the thread does not have the statement that 1ft has been omitted. If the 2018 is with 1ft and it is doing 4.3 then this time is quite bit quicker. Or am I getting it the other way around sid not get much sleep tonight šŸ˜

Last edited:

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
So according to the article about them changing... technically the old car should have even faster times...

So the old car is faster with higher trap speeds.. tires and weight over coming the extra power... I say so what if the old car is faster?

I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 races my car will get beat by a base model GT with a 10 speed. Heck I'm pretty sure the PP1 10speed car I sold would have beat my 350R almost every race ... but I'd still make the move 100 times again.

If you want to be hyper focused on a few 10ths .. go buy a Tesla because who cares if the old car is faster if we are all getting our butts kicked by Teslas and Kias anyways.

My buddy just spent 360k on a new Huracan Technica and went after a 2 wheel drive when the Huracan 4 wheel drives are known to be faster because he likes the feel of the car better with 2WD.

Yes the 24 10 speed will be faster but the old 10 speed cars were faster also...

I'm just saying don't let it be all about the numbers. Always someone faster.

Unless of course your doing blower slicks and weight reduction but in that case who cares about stock numbers lol

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
So according to the article about them changing... technically the old car should have even faster times...

So the old car is faster with higher trap speeds.. tires and weight over coming the extra power... I say so what if the old car is faster?

I'm pretty sure 9 out of 10 races my car will get beat by a base model GT with a 10 speed. Heck I'm pretty sure the PP1 10speed car I sold would have beat my 350R almost every race ... but I'd still make the move 100 times again.

If you want to be hyper focused on a few 10ths .. go buy a Tesla because who cares if the old car is faster if we are all getting our butts kicked by Teslas and Kias anyways.

My buddy just spent 360k on a new Huracan Technica and went after a 2 wheel drive when the Huracan 4 wheel drives are known to be faster because he likes the feel of the car better with 2WD.

Yes the 24 10 speed will be faster but the old 10 speed cars were faster also...

Unless of course your doing blower slicks and weight reduction but in that case who cares about stock numbers lol
I don't care about the number as such, driving an MX5 anything else on the road is faster and quicker šŸ˜

For me it was just to have an understanding of the data presented. Also the EU counterparts will be neutered anyways so if and when the time comes to buy S650 these numbers are irrelevant for us here on the other side of the pond

Mustang406

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10

A lot of people will look at it like this: The old car is: lighter, faster, more easily modified (for now at least) and most importantly cheaper. That matters to a lot of people. There will be a mid-cycle refresh where Ford will update the S650 and I'm sure it will be given more power. Until that happens S550 owners may just wait.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
A lot of people will look at it like this: The old car is: lighter, faster, more easily modified (for now at least) and most importantly cheaper. That matters to a lot of people. There will be a mid-cycle refresh where Ford will update the S650 and I'm sure it will be given more power. Until that happens S550 owners may just wait.
I believe that a lot of us with the 18+ refresh will wait. But a number of owners of the 1st gen 15'-17' will make the switch.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
I agree with you. If I had a 18+ GT or Mach I wouldn't switch ...

But if I had a 15 to 17 or no Mustang at all... and wanted a new car vs used I would strongly consider the 24 Mustang... OK I would probably buy a 24 Mustang lol

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
I agree with you. If I had a 18+ GT or Mach I wouldn't switch ...

But if I had a 15 to 17 or no Mustang at all... and wanted a new car vs used I would strongly consider the 24 Mustang... OK I would probably buy a 24 Mustang lol
This is me. I knew since they announced the HP numbers last December it wasn't going to be a considerable performance difference. I just had to decide which car looked better to me as far as Mach 1 vs Dark Horse. Obviously chose the Dark Horse, but they are going to be nearly identical on performance.

Having to wait deep until next year to get my car may make me regret my decision though, i have been ready to buy since before the reveal last September.
Sponsored