• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium First Impression

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Definitely deeper rather than loud and raspy!
Awesome! I actually like the deeper, chambered exhaust note more. Both of my trucks have the Flowmaster 40 series mufflers and I think they sound great, personally. Of course that's not everyone's flavor, but I'm actually excited for that aspect of the car based on your comments. I'm sorry that it isn't what you were looking for, though.
Sponsored

2024S650

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 S550
With the long weekend I'm hoping to get some test miles on her. They put premium in it. My girlfriend was my salesperson so she made sure for me.šŸ˜
Give it a few weeks, you may feel a lot better about the trade then. Both are great looking cars. I was anti S650 at first but Iā€™m warming up to it.

Is yours a 400 or 401 Premium?

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
He said in his original post that he likes having the latest and greatest. He has said several times he has no buyer's remorse.

I don't think anything in the OP's comment is damning for the S650. He's comparing 2 generations and stated he is disappointed in some things he found on his new car. It's the risk those of us that ordered before test driving one took. Obviously he doesn't hate the car or he would've taken it back. I'm already disappointed that mine will not have matching red stitching on the steering wheel. What I do hope for is a reliable, well built car that will be a blast to drive and own for many years.
I like having the latest and greatest too but if my first impression was not really liking the color and the interior color I wouldnā€™t have done it.

Those 2 things that he pointed out right off the rip are hugeā€¦..exterior color and interior color. I personally could not buy a car that the initial introduction of the car to me did not wow me. Regardless of how new or how much added tech. I get itā€¦. But I couldnā€™t do it

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
I like having the latest and greatest too but if my first impression was not really liking the color and the interior color I wouldnā€™t have done it.

Those 2 things that he pointed out right off the rip are hugeā€¦..exterior color and interior color. I personally could not buy a car that the initial introduction of the car to me did not wow me. Regardless of how new or how much added tech. I get itā€¦. But I couldnā€™t do it
Again...read before commenting. Never said I didn't like the color. I said I like the color of my 2019 better. Of all of the available colors for 2024 I definitely like this the most. Also I just said I expected the interior to be closer to gray than white.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Again...read before commenting. Never said I didn't like the color. I said I like the color of my 2019 better. Of all of the available colors for 2024 I definitely like this the most. Also I just said I expected the interior to be closer to gray than white.
Iā€™ll repeat what I said, if the colors didnā€™t wow me I wouldnā€™t have traded my car. Didnā€™t seem like you were wowed by your comments on the first impressions. Clearly Iā€™m not the only one who read it and got the same impression.

itā€™s your car but Iā€™d have to like the new color more or as much as the car I was trading.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
Iā€™ll repeat what I said, if the colors didnā€™t wow me I wouldnā€™t have traded my car. Didnā€™t seem like you were wowed by your comments on the first impressions. Clearly Iā€™m not the only one who read it and got the same impression.

itā€™s your car but Iā€™d have to like the new color more or as much as the car I was trading.
Well then you read it wrong. Also I was just making factual statements based on experience so people know what to expect. If I said atlas blue is darker than velocity blue it is. If I said space gray is closer to white than gray it is. If I said it feels underpowered and is not very loud it is because it is. If I said the interior is the same as the S550 other than the dash...guess what it is. I'm done here. I thought I was helping by sharing but I guess not. Hope you all enjoy your cars if and when you get them!

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
I agree with you, I like the old blue better. It seems a little lighter. And I am not a fan of white seats either. DH only has one color of seats and I am hoping they are not as ā€œpurpleā€ as they look in pictures.

TX2AZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang V6, 2022 Ford F150 XLT
Iā€™ve been saying the s650 isnā€™t for s550 owners itā€™s for 1964-2014 owners.
Your post seems to resonate that also.
Iā€™m finally getting my first brand new car. Coming from a 13 S197 to the S650 is a MASSIVE jump in tech and drive feel. Agree with you on that itā€™s for people who still holding out.

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
I dont know how to feel about this thread lol

Its confusing! When you dont like anything about the car, say it was overall disappointing and then say its ok because you don't regret buying it. It boils down to you paying 50k+ for a car you dont like.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
I dont know how to feel about this thread lol

Its confusing! When you dont like anything about the car, say it was overall disappointing and then say its ok because you don't regret buying it. It boils down to you paying 50k+ for a car you dont like.
Disappointed in comparison to the hype. Not in the car itself. It is a great car!

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
With the long weekend I'm hoping to get some test miles on her. They put premium in it. My girlfriend was my salesperson so she made sure for me.šŸ˜
Least you had her in your corner at the time of same .(don't piss her off lol)

I asked my SM if they put premium in at delivery. He said not if they do not call for it. I told him if he wants me to take delivery, he will make sure it has a tank of 93 in it. Not trying to burn a tank of 87 on break in.