• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium First Impression

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
Picked up my GT Premium yesterday and thought I would offer some thoughts. Granted I am only about 35 miles in so these are just initial thoughts based upon limited use. Sadly, I like almost everything about my 2019 GT that I traded in better, starting with the color. My 2019 was Velocity Blue, which is not offered for 2024, while my new car is Atlas Blue. It was the closest color offered but is darker than expected. The space gray interior is not even remotely close to gray. It is essentially white, so I was very disappointed. The S650 also seems slower and much less powerful than my S550 despite the HP bump. Perhaps because it is heavier or has less torque??? The exhaust, even with the active valve exhaust opened all the way in track mode, is less than impressive. Again, my S650 sounded better. I have a resonator delete kit to install so hopefully that helps out some.

Anyone who thinks this is a completely redesigned generation is grossly mistaken and will be thoroughly disappointed. Make no mistake, it is simply an S550. Same chassis/suspension, same engine other than a new intake manifold and air intakes, and the seats and door panels are exactly the same. The only difference is the dash and control system. Do I have buyer remorse? NO! I like having the latest and greatest and I am eager to learn all of the functionality and capability of the computer control system and screens. But as far as a straight-up bad-ass sports car I think it is a step back for me from what I had.
Sponsored

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Other than the colors, was gonna ask, if it’s the same only newer and you liked the prior why would you be disappointed?

btw: I think you may have meant your s550 sounded better?

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Please share pictures of your car as well.

From your experience right now, the only thing which I find comparing to your previous model that does not make sense is that you are not happy with the sound of the S650 because your modified S550 sounded better. Well, your S550 exhaust was modified. This point is only valid if you modify your exhaust on your new car as well with the same setup.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
Other than the colors, was gonna ask, if it’s the same only newer and you liked the prior why would you be disappointed?

btw: I think you may have meant your s550 sounded better?
Yes, the S550 sounded better. Sorry for the typo. My only disappointment was that the reality did not meet the hype. As I said, no buyers remorse.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
Please share pictures of your car as well.

From your experience right now, the only thing which I find comparing to your previous model that does not make sense is that you are not happy with the sound of the S650 because your modified S550 sounded better. Well, your S550 exhaust was modified. This point is only valid if you modify your exhaust on your new car as well with the same setup.
Not sure what you're talking about. I do not recall saying my S550 exhaust was modified. But I am comparing stock exhaust to stock exhaust for clarification.

maybemaybe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Honda Civic
That is disappointing. The weight must be killing these cars. My 2021 GT auto feels so sluggish off the line compared to my friend's old 3 valve mustang with the 5 speed manual that weighs about 300 pounds less. My car has so much more hp but there something about it that just makes it feel slow. Maybe it is the difference in power band, better sound deadening and the extra weight but his car feels so much more "lively" and "raw". Perhaps the added refinement and added weight is having the same effect on your experience with the s650 over the s550.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
Of course you liked your old car better. You drove it for a long time, you'll feel the same about the S650 once you drive it.

Honestly, if you had a S550, I am not sure the S650 is enough of a jump to justify the now big price tag. The S650 seems like it was changed enough to attract a new group of buyers and kept close enough to keep most of its established buyers.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
Not sure what you're talking about. I do not recall saying my S550 exhaust was modified. But I am comparing stock exhaust to stock exhaust for clarification.
I've read it again. You are right.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
I've heard rumors that the s650 isn't making full power until after the break-in period.

S650 GT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Horse with Trailer
I've heard rumors that the s650 isn't making full power until after the break-in period.
We will see about that soon enough. I'm already glad to see many people want to be the first to own this car and try it out before I get one.

dollybud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT - 2018 Dodge Ram 1500.
Of course you liked your old car better. You drove it for a long time, you'll feel the same about the S650 once you drive it.

Honestly, if you had a S550, I am not sure the S650 is enough of a jump to justify the now big price tag. The S650 seems like it was changed enough to attract a new group of buyers and kept close enough to keep most of its established buyers.
Best answer yet. Was there any change in the difference of a 355? Gone are the days when you could pick out single items. Now they are packaged in a group. If I wanted a 373 or a 401 you had a choic to pick one. in a GT I have to buy the whole package with items I don’t really want.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs

To be clear, I never said I didn't like my new car. In fact, I said no buyers remorse. I just said it was not an upgrade other than the dash and controls, whereas it was made out to be some phenomenal leap. It's a good car for sure. I was just expecting it to be light years ahead in all aspects!

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si
To be clear, I never said I didn't like my new car. In fact, I said no buyers remorse. I just said it was not an upgrade other than the dash and controls, whereas it was made out to be some phenomenal leap. It's a good car for sure. I was just expecting it to be light years ahead in all aspects!
I dont think its possible without a new chassis and complete interior redesign
Sponsored