• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

24GT - Driving Impression from a noob

Loucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
I don't have a S650 (yet) and haven't driven one, but I had a similar issue with my S550 until I put the FP Performance Kit in the car. It eliminated that lag at low RPMs.

(Edit) I'm referring to the CAI with the calibration kit and enhanced throttle body.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Maunissan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2024
Is it possible to get the car to Fod to have this throttle lag addressed (without losing the warranty)?

It really bothers me... Of course I love the engine sound but it's pretty much it. A lot of torque but no acceleration. Car still looks like it's towing a boat at low RPMs.

TY

Loucas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP Grabber Yellow
Is it possible to get the car to Fod to have this throttle lag addressed (without losing the warranty)?

It really bothers me... Of course I love the engine sound but it's pretty much it. A lot of torque but no acceleration. Car still looks like it's towing a boat at low RPMs.

TY
Another thing you can do in the meantime is to drive it in Track mode and shift late (once my car is up to operating temps I shift at around 4.5k. Remember these are high revving engines). Although Sport+ has a different throttle response which might be better aligned with what you are looking for. But again, I have not driven the S650. Good luck. BTW, the FP CAI will not void your warranty if installed by a Ford certified mechanic.
Sponsored