• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium First Impression

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Disappointed in comparison to the hype. Not in the car itself. It is a great car!
As you can tell from the responses, there's a bit of a hive mind here with respect to S650 opinions.

Your criticisms are perfectly valid (even if I don't agree with them). It's possible to both still like the car overall and also dislike (or be underwhelmed by) certain aspects of it.
Sponsored

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
It seems the name "space grey" is a bit of misnomer, since it appears by all pictures and descriptions to be "space white-ish". I wonder how it will resist dirt/staining over time.

f00man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
All these S650 apologist comments.🍿

The S650 is pretty much a downgrade compared to the S550. No wait….I think the headlights are brighter, and the Unreal Engine graphics are nice.

Ford doesn’t really have to try hard anymore. There’s no competition from GM and Dodge.

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Well, I never had the pleasure of owning an S550 and all the baggage that entails; my choice for the 2024 is purely esthetic, since I drive pretty sedately, but maybe that's because I own a 4 cyl. sedan at the moment. The OP has a sweet ride and I hope they enjoy it.

I don't think it's that Ford is not trying hard, it would seem they put a fair amount of work into the 7G, and clearly overlooked some serious flaws (steering seems to be the big one). I wouldn't disagree that they are essentially the last horse in the race (sorry couldn't help it), but that didn't seem to entice them to address the steering on the 6G until the performance variants showed up; it would appear any effort there that did not change here in the S650, so no more or less an effort on their part. I suppose that's probably the point; for those less than enthused about the GT/DH, there are those waiting to see what Ford does for their variants and scoop up the demand they will have once the Camaro goes the way of the Dodo (I don't believe the Challenger was ever a contender in the handling department on it's modified E-class Mercedes platform).

Last edited:

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Well then you read it wrong. Also I was just making factual statements based on experience so people know what to expect. If I said atlas blue is darker than velocity blue it is. If I said space gray is closer to white than gray it is. If I said it feels underpowered and is not very loud it is because it is. If I said the interior is the same as the S550 other than the dash...guess what it is. I'm done here. I thought I was helping by sharing but I guess not. Hope you all enjoy your cars if and when you get them!
My comments were specifically the comments you made about the COLOR of the exterior compared to the S550 and the COLOR of the interior. Both of those your reaction within your comments wasn't favorable. Anyone with eyes can see the interior is basically the same except for the dash and steering wheel. I personally would be happy if the performance was the same as the S550(s) I've owned. I don't drag race or anything like that. It's a pleasure car for me. I'm getting one for the updated exterior and interior. I've had (4) S550 models and I'm bored with them.

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
As you can tell from the responses, there's a bit of a hive mind here with respect to S650 opinions.

Your criticisms are perfectly valid (even if I don't agree with them). It's possible to both still like the car overall and also dislike (or be underwhelmed by) certain aspects of it.
I agree. We all have our likes and dislike when we compare certain cars. I liked my '16 C7 Z06 better than my '19 C7 Z06. Don't know why. They were pretty much identtical with the exception of a few interior upgrades. Funny how "protective" we become when it comes to our cars. Admittedly, there are times when I question whether I should have sold my '19. I've always considered myself a car guy, not just a Chevy, Ford or Mopar guy. I know that my new Mustang is going to be way different than my Z06's, but I'm really looking forward to getting it and enjoying it. I think all the hype of a "new or improved" model sometimes get in the way of our expectations. Enjoy it for what it is.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
All these S650 apologist comments.🍿

The S650 is pretty much a downgrade compared to the S550. No wait….I think the headlights are brighter, and the Unreal Engine graphics are nice.

Ford doesn’t really have to try hard anymore. There’s no competition from GM and Dodge.
I have been saying that! The demise of the Camaro and Dodge camp was not good news for Mustang.

While I wouldn't say the S650 is a downgrade, it could have been better in several facets.

* Over all package compromise/carry over. (less of it)
* Additional weight
* 480hp is alright, but there is no reason Ford couldn't get 520-550hp from a Gen 4. Esp to offset the added weight.

So again, without any fear of a challenge from the other camps, why would they bother with the above.

Sawaiz23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 GT Premium
Does anyone know what the actual differences between the 400a and 401a equipment packages are. I just ordered a 2024 GT premium and am now considering switching from 400a to 401a after reading some forums. I am hearing a lot of mixed things about the differences.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Does anyone know what the actual differences between the 400a and 401a equipment packages are. I just ordered a 2024 GT premium and am now considering switching from 400a to 401a after reading some forums. I am hearing a lot of mixed things about the differences.
Please search the forum using the search bar or Google or the order guide. This has been discussed in depth.
TL:DR, many believe the 401A is worth it

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Best resource is the build page from Ford.

Was it worth $2900, yes, for me.
Sponsored