• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

GT Premium First Impression

Arlencito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Gt
im going to be really excited my last mustang was in 2018 and it lasted me 4 month before it was a lemon law.
Sponsored

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
That is disappointing. The weight must be killing these cars. My 2021 GT auto feels so sluggish off the line compared to my friend's old 3 valve mustang with the 5 speed manual that weighs about 300 pounds less. My car has so much more hp but there something about it that just makes it feel slow. Maybe it is the difference in power band, better sound deadening and the extra weight but his car feels so much more "lively" and "raw". Perhaps the added refinement and added weight is having the same effect on your experience with the s650 over the s550.
My friend's two valve Bullitt was a f*ckin hoot off the line despite it being slow as molasses in reality. The benefits of zero refinement, light weight, and a cable throttle lol

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
Picked up my GT Premium yesterday and thought I would offer some thoughts. Granted I am only about 35 miles in so these are just initial thoughts based upon limited use. Sadly, I like almost everything about my 2019 GT that I traded in better, starting with the color. My 2019 was Velocity Blue, which is not offered for 2024, while my new car is Atlas Blue. It was the closest color offered but is darker than expected. The space gray interior is not even remotely close to gray. It is essentially white, so I was very disappointed. The S650 also seems slower and much less powerful than my S550 despite the HP bump. Perhaps because it is heavier or has less torque??? The exhaust, even with the active valve exhaust opened all the way in track mode, is less than impressive. Again, my S650 sounded better. I have a resonator delete kit to install so hopefully that helps out some.

Anyone who thinks this is a completely redesigned generation is grossly mistaken and will be thoroughly disappointed. Make no mistake, it is simply an S550. Same chassis/suspension, same engine other than a new intake manifold and air intakes, and the seats and door panels are exactly the same. The only difference is the dash and control system. Do I have buyer remorse? NO! I like having the latest and greatest and I am eager to learn all of the functionality and capability of the computer control system and screens. But as far as a straight-up bad-ass sports car I think it is a step back for me from what I had.
Why did you take delivery if you dislike it so much? Iā€™m sure there others that would love it. If I were you I would return it. Iā€™m sure they would give your 2019 back. Iā€™m not criticizing, Iā€™m glad to hear your opinion. I know not everything is rainbows and butterflies. Iā€™m sure there will be things I dislike about my DH.

Last edited:

Jivor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Mustang GT
Sorry to hear the 7G is not a step up. I always thought that until the S650 came out, that the S550 was the best looking modern Mustang Ford produced; it was the first Mustang that got me interested, but not enough to get me to buy since I had a Corvette at the time. I hope your not-buyers remorse manifests itself in time as you get used to your new ride.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
Why did you take delivery if you dislike it so much? Iā€™m sure there others that would love it. If I were you I would return it. Iā€™m sure they would give your 2019 back. Iā€™m not criticizing, Iā€™m glad to hear your opinion. I know not everything is rainbows and butterflies. Iā€™m sure there will be things I dislike about my DH.
See above. Never said I did not like it and said I have no buyers remorse. I am getting sick of these ignorant replies. I was only trying to do a service to others by letting them know my impressions. If people are going to be ignorant when I am trying to help I will just pull my post and leave the forum. Geesh...ungrateful jerks. If you do not yet own 2024 Mustang and have not yet driven one do not comment about the opinions of someone who has. Thanks.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
The car should wake up with some more miles.

Did the dealer put regular or premium gas in it?

rchandler9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22' Ford Expedition and 14' Infiniti Q50s
See above. Never said I did not like it and said I have no buyers remorse. I am getting sick of these ignorant replies. I was only trying to do a service to others by letting them know my impressions. If people are going to be ignorant when I am trying to help I will just pull my post and leave the forum. Geesh...ungrateful jerks. If you do not yet own 2024 Mustang and have not yet driven one do not comment about the opinions of someone who has. Thanks.
On the contrary I am glad you voiced your opinion. I am sorry if my reply seemed rude. I want to hear your honest opinion. When I get my s650 I will happily give my opinion as well. I hope you enjoy yours.

VenomGT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Thank you for your opinion, very much appreciated. This forum is hit or miss on basically every subject.

I was worried the space Grey wasnā€™t going to be grey enough I also got that color just for a change Iā€™ll see in a few days when I pick mine up, regardless I would recommend ceramic coating your space grey seats from someone whoā€™s had white seats itā€™s a game changer

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Picked up my GT Premium yesterday and thought I would offer some thoughts. Granted I am only about 35 miles in so these are just initial thoughts based upon limited use. Sadly, I like almost everything about my 2019 GT that I traded in better, starting with the color. My 2019 was Velocity Blue, which is not offered for 2024, while my new car is Atlas Blue. It was the closest color offered but is darker than expected. The space gray interior is not even remotely close to gray. It is essentially white, so I was very disappointed. The S650 also seems slower and much less powerful than my S550 despite the HP bump. Perhaps because it is heavier or has less torque??? The exhaust, even with the active valve exhaust opened all the way in track mode, is less than impressive. Again, my S650 sounded better. I have a resonator delete kit to install so hopefully that helps out some.

Anyone who thinks this is a completely redesigned generation is grossly mistaken and will be thoroughly disappointed. Make no mistake, it is simply an S550. Same chassis/suspension, same engine other than a new intake manifold and air intakes, and the seats and door panels are exactly the same. The only difference is the dash and control system. Do I have buyer remorse? NO! I like having the latest and greatest and I am eager to learn all of the functionality and capability of the computer control system and screens. But as far as a straight-up bad-ass sports car I think it is a step back for me from what I had.
if the initial impression was so distasteful from the exterior color and interior colors when you initially saw the car......why did you trade the 2019 GT in? You could have simply walked away and hoped for better color choices down the road....and possibly lighted cup holders too.

I know for me, if I did not like the color of the exterior or the interior on first impression it would have been a wrap and I'd have waited for better color options.

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
if the initial impression was so distasteful from the exterior color and interior colors when you initially saw the car......why did you trade the 2019 GT in? You could have simply walked away and hoped for better color choices down the road....and possibly lighted cup holders too.

I know for me, if I did not like the color of the exterior or the interior on first impression it would have been a wrap and I'd have waited for better color options.
He said in his original post that he likes having the latest and greatest. He has said several times he has no buyer's remorse.

I don't think anything in the OP's comment is damning for the S650. He's comparing 2 generations and stated he is disappointed in some things he found on his new car. It's the risk those of us that ordered before test driving one took. Obviously he doesn't hate the car or he would've taken it back. I'm already disappointed that mine will not have matching red stitching on the steering wheel. What I do hope for is a reliable, well built car that will be a blast to drive and own for many years.

samson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 GT Convertible 401A, AVE, Brembos
Let's see some pictures of your old ride and the new one.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
He said in his original post that he likes having the latest and greatest. He has said several times he has no buyer's remorse.

I don't think anything in the OP's comment is damning for the S650. He's comparing 2 generations and stated he is disappointed in some things he found on his new car. It's the risk those of us that ordered before test driving one took. Obviously he doesn't hate the car or he would've taken it back. I'm already disappointed that mine will not have matching red stitching on the steering wheel. What I do hope for is a reliable, well built car that will be a blast to drive and own for many years.
Thank you! Finally somebody actually read what I said. Geesh...

BrianJ77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, 1965 F100, 2010 F150
Both are beautiful cars! I can see why you loved your S550. Is the exhaust on the S650 deeper and throatier, or is it more high pitched and raspy? From videos I've seen they sound deeper, but I would like to hear your opinion especially as you commented you prefer the S550 exhaust note over the 7th gen.

OP
OP

t_ice14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4 Mustangs
Both are beautiful cars! I can see why you loved your S550. Is the exhaust on the S650 deeper and throatier, or is it more high pitched and raspy? From videos I've seen they sound deeper, but I would like to hear your opinion especially as you commented you prefer the S550 exhaust note over the 7th gen.
Definitely deeper rather than loud and raspy!
Sponsored