• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

2024 pricing

larietrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 boss 302
Looked away for a while from the Mustang scene and needed smelling salts when i looked in to the price of a GT premium with automatic and exhaust. Are people going to pay these prices ? I'm not. There's a limit when price and desire conflict not to mention tax and insurance.
Sponsored

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Looked away for a while from the Mustang scene and needed smelling salts when i looked in to the price of a GT premium with automatic and exhaust. Are people going to pay these prices ? I'm not. There's a limit when price and desire conflict not to mention tax and insurance.
I guess I don't understand what you're hoping to accomplish with your post...

If you check the order numbers, there are plenty of people who are willing to pay these prices. If you decide the Mustang isn't for you at the current price point, that's your prerogative. But as long as other people can afford it, other people can choose to spend it (or not spend it) however they like without an explanation.

As another poster said, the prices for everything are going up. If your heart is set on possessing something, it's unlikely to get any cheaper the longer you wait.

Dragster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
The price does seem like it's gone up significantly over the last several years, and we all know why. My 2015 GT PP was loaded and I think it stickered for 41K. Now, a loaded GT is basically 50% more. I have to remind myself that that car was 9 model years old though.

Sure, there are plenty of people that are willing to pay these prices, however, I recently read an article that Americans are defaulting on car loans at a record (or near record) rate, and the percentage of people with $1,000+ car payments is substantial and absurd. When you couple that with interest rates the way they are, I'm sure you'll be able to get a nice discount in due time.

krisk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT, PP - Race Red
I did a post where I did a comparison of a 2019 vs 2024 identically optioned. The difference in MSRP between the two was less than inflation over the same period. I donā€™t understand the complaints about the new model price when itā€™s no more expensive proportionally.

Edson8r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
I have seen in my area 2-3 base GTā€™s with anywhere between 2-4K off MSRP. Now Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s one of those bait and switch tactics they do sometimes. So far I havenā€™t seen much off a premium GT besides at most 1-2K but that was only one car.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
I have seen in my area 2-3 base GTā€™s with anywhere between 2-4K off MSRP. Now Iā€™m not sure if itā€™s one of those bait and switch tactics they do sometimes. So far I havenā€™t seen much off a premium GT besides at most 1-2K but that was only one car.
probably legit, my dealer is doing the same and honoring it

agreywolfe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grabber Blue Mustang GT premium w/PP
depending on what numbers you want to look at it can be argued the the 2024 is sold at very reasonable prices:
2015 GT premium MSRP: 38,415

FRED index with 1-1-2015 as the base date shows modern CPI for new cars is 122.8 (22.8% higher)
2015 GT premium MSRP W/FRED adjustment: 47,173.62
2024 GT premium MSRP: 46,015

or how about:
2020 Mustang GT premium MSRP: 39,880
FRED index with 1-1-2020 as the base date shows modern CPI for new cars is 121.2 (21.2% higher)

2020 GT premium MSRP W/FRED adjustment: 48,334.56

is shit expensive? yes
is everything expensive? yes

slowjim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT base manual
i paid 42k for a base gt with x plan. basically the same as a 2023 400a would have been

spedy7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang coupe, 2023 GT
Kinda expected it, but also slightly shocked too. Took a gamble after being dumb with money and went for a '23 GT or '24 pricing. '23 showed up long before '24 pricing - and a '24 with similar options would've been ~$3k more.
The price does seem like it's gone up significantly over the last several years, and we all know why. My 2015 GT PP was loaded and I think it stickered for 41K. Now, a loaded GT is basically 50% more. I have to remind myself that that car was 9 model years old though.

Sure, there are plenty of people that are willing to pay these prices, however, I recently read an article that Americans are defaulting on car loans at a record (or near record) rate, and the percentage of people with $1,000+ car payments is substantial and absurd. When you couple that with interest rates the way they are, I'm sure you'll be able to get a nice discount in due time.
And at this rate, I wonder if 10+ year finance plans home loans may be a thing eventually. Yikes.
depending on what numbers you want to look at it can be argued the the 2024 is sold at very reasonable prices:
2015 GT premium MSRP: 38,415

FRED index with 1-1-2015 as the base date shows modern CPI for new cars is 122.8 (22.8% higher)
2015 GT premium MSRP W/FRED adjustment: 47,173.62
2024 GT premium MSRP: 46,015

or how about:
2020 Mustang GT premium MSRP: 39,880
FRED index with 1-1-2020 as the base date shows modern CPI for new cars is 121.2 (21.2% higher)

2020 GT premium MSRP W/FRED adjustment: 48,334.56

is shit expensive? yes
is everything expensive? yes
I always hate these comparisons because yes, adjusted inflation price may be equal, but without average wages for each year it's a moot point IMO.

JAM486HP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Considering massive inflation on everything, supply chain issues, and a new generation MY, it is not that excessive IMO. Not to mention I ordered mine at 6% below MSRP, I can not complain

Last edited:

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
Depreciation will be your friend! :) Give it some time.

Illini4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang GT, 2017 Mustang GT
The new union contract will no doubt cause further increases.

jamespmoran

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150, 2020 Explorer ST, 2004 Thunderbird
So donā€™t buy it
Sponsored