• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mustang Purchase Pricing

OP
OP

theMANIMAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘21 JLURD
We got a crap interest rate with excellent credit but walked out for final price of $1,000 under asking including tax, title and all the other crap. They did already add a protective package which they charged $1900 for but got that knocked down by half. I didn’t want it at all but I wasn’t willing to wait 6-9 months for a car. Seems most dealers do this in Florida and I hate it.
Unfortunately rates seem to be crap across the board, unless you're shopping for a Mach E (saw Ford is doing 1.9% 60 months) lol.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
when I ordered it, most dealers were charging over MSRP so I was just happy to see MSRP with price protection. If I see that the car market is getting over saturated, I will try to renegotiate the price. If not, can always walk away. I still have my 2011 v6 which runs just fine. I won’t mind walking away and finding a better deal or possibly even waiting for the 2025. I appreciate the heads up on the info though!

You want to renegotiate the price.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
We got a crap interest rate with excellent credit but walked out for final price of $1,000 under asking including tax, title and all the other crap. They did already add a protective package which they charged $1900 for but got that knocked down by half. I didn’t want it at all but I wasn’t willing to wait 6-9 months for a car. Seems most dealers do this in Florida and I hate it.
The FED should be dropping interest rates instead of holding steady. As the result, we will probably see a hard landing over the next year. If I am correct, look at the numbers and if they are good, get a bank or credit union loan to pay off the car loan. Unfortunately many people will feel the pain so take care not to be one.

AaronTV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2021 Bronco Reservation
I got 6.6% below msrp ($400 doc fee) on an abandoned customer ordered car a couple of weeks ago.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1
The real deals will happen when Ford starts to subsidize the financing.

Tacticly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ram TRX
If you are waiting for a non DH, MSRP is a crappy deal. I have been offered 3-4k off of MSRP on cars in stock. I still passed. I have to say I think we will see some discounts on DH too later on in the year. There are a few dealers that have them on lots at MSRP and aren't moving them.
Dealers are already dark horses unsolicited near me on ground and I’m within 100 miles of Chicago

Modn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT PP
Picked this up 12/22 for $2,000 under MSRP. Did well on my trade also. 2.9% financing for the balance.

Attachments

Dxm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
What I did was I found a Costco discount for cars: https://www.costco.com/auto-program-services.html

Got a quote from one dealer for this. Then took the quote to another dealer, then the third dealer. If dealerships have a car on their lot already, they are more likely to negotiate than having you order a brand-new car. Don't listen to the dealerships b.s. about chip shortage, or any other supply-chain disruptions. Also pay attention to the final price: there may be so many add-on fees that the discount may be useless in the end. For example, one dealership quoted me $800 dollars more in fees alone: "armed guard" was one of the things on the fee rundown.

Finally, dealerships will more likely give you a discount if you finance the car, even for a short amount of time, because they get money back from the bank.

DukeCLR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GTP, PP,AVE,MR. 2018 Mustang GT PP1,
My Mustang arrived at the dealer today, I drove my 2018 S550 with the intent on trading it in but he only offered 25,000, he said he doesn't want to be stuck with it until the spring and he could offer more then.

I have X-Plan through my employer and I got $3065.00 below MSRP, 3500.00 sales tax plus 527.00 in fees. I'll put 8500 down finance the rest and put whatever I get for my 2018 toward the balance when it sells.
Sponsored