• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Murfstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Explorer ST, 2021 VW GTI
Feel bad for the suckers that go out and put themselves in financial burden over these. Actually, I don’t.

Keep your Gen 2/3’s in good shape. They will be worth something in 20-25 years.
Should stop calling the S550’s Gen2/3’s.
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
How long someone creates a single lens headlight swap? Because whomever approved of the triple lens design should be buried alive.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I like how we didn't get a horsepower number on the GT except 480+ and the Dark Horse at 500 which was a very solid number which I'm guessing is the dual intake system and some other tweaks. I'm wondering how they achieved it considering they had to knock the power down on the 2022's with a carbon filter and different fuel mapping.

Macfarland

MacFastang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III Touring, 2021 Mazda CX-9 GT
Not bad. I still think the best non Shelby front ever is the 2015-17 GT. This one is definitely better than the 2018-2022 front end.
I like the rear taillights, but the wedge shape will probably grow on me.
The interior looks nice, but I am disappointed they got rid of double brow design. I am not of fan of big horizontal screen designs as they remind me of the 90s when you installed those Pioneer stereos that did not match the rest of the dashboard haha.
All in all, I really like the car and I am sure in person will look much better.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Nice

S650 Mustang 🎉 The 7th Gen Mustang S650 Has Officially Landed!! CAB44FF2-4ADC-4930-97B2-05CC3C366D7B

DarthMalice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1; AT; M0960
Meh. The crowd even seemed to feel the same. My thoughts: Good: exhaust sound for G8 is great; 480+ is good for new and old....it won't beat my 21 Mach 1 by much at all but good that the numbers went up at all; remote rev, selectable suspension and modes across the lineup it appears, customization options for colors/belts/ rear brembo on pp, drift brake (I don't care) but some will use it; good that the overall design stayed close to S550 slight changes ok - little too boxy up front for me but it is not a deal breaker. Neutral: changed interior...I know most will like all the screens etc. but I could care less. I actually like physical buttons and more heritage cues like dual brow-guess time has passed me by but the interior is not bad. Bad IMHO: rear lights...pacman shape is just weird; front lights - suck; he even alluded to it with the guy on the stage "just move on"; Dark Horse name is stupid...I just don't see that becoming iconic; I imagine a Boss will be down the road but it seems they are trying to step away from Shelby to get costs down and Mach 1 will go on hiatus again. The video appeared to imply it was manual only but it does get automatic too according to the spec sheet. I can't believe they kept the Getrag at all. Is there a PDR? If not, that was a huge miss.

In summary, unless a serious Boss version comes out down the road; looks like I will be sticking with my Mach 1 through this gen. I found it interesting how they downplayed 0-60 or any real performance numbers...it probably didn't improve much on any of that. Didn't even appear to get any weight savings at all.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
Exterior looks fine, definitely an evolution of the 550. Not a big fan of the Dark Horse badging, look like it came out of a 90s era comic book. Also hugely dislike the instrument panel now. It's just one big rectangular slab now. What makes me like the 18+ digital cluster was the bezel still had the general shape of the analog one and it just looked so fluid. This....is a rectangle that raises above the dash.

Edit: Looking over the spec sheet, I noticed the EB has a final drive listed at 3.15 for both MT and AT. If I'm not mistaken the MT S550 is 3.31, right?

Last edited:

Goodwood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Grabber Blue/Black Mustang GT Premium
The exterior is about the same for as the prior gen, which means it's a nice car. I think the interior is a downgrade unfortunately with the lack of physical controls, double hump, and no classic design. I don't like the giant screen the dominates the interior, I drive to escape the screens I stare at all day for work. Ugh, that part is really the only big bummer.
So, what are the HP ratings?

EmCel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt
The only thing I didn’t like was the dash design. Kinda looks weird, like they got too lazy to run it all around. It looks too high for me anyway because I’m so short. Ford should of thought about us short women too :giggle: But that’s just me. I mean not like I’m buying one when it comes out, just my opinion :)

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
It’s not bad looking. But I was expecting the gt to have at least 490hp. But nooooo dark horse comes out at a whopping 500 😆 🤦🏻‍♀️
I was really hoping they were gonna say the DH was 520 or 530 meaning the GT had a shot at 490. but now I'm fully expecting the GT to be 485.
Sponsored