• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
So we'll be hearing, "looks like a Mach E," like we heard "looks like a Fusion" when the S550 was released? :)
yes and marketing will wet themselves in delight because to them, "cross-model brand consistency elements" excite them far more than if the result actually makes any sense. Watch, this 'thin white light-bar at the hood-line' motif is going to get pasted onto every damn Ford vehicle.
Sponsored

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Do you guys think the s650 taillights will have a horizontal line integrated at the top, middle or bottom ? seeing that the Mach E & Mondeo were both inspired by the s650 and they both have a horizontal line integrated.

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ C337BDB5-B3E2-40C2-BD51-20E29A925427

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 4CEFFF30-30CE-4AAC-B558-A132FA343308

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 52E528DE-6584-4776-8A2C-833BC9422CAB

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Do you guys think the s650 taillights will have a horizontal line integrated at the top, middle or bottom ? seeing that the Mach E & Mondeo were both inspired by the s650 and they both have a horizontal line integrated.

C337BDB5-B3E2-40C2-BD51-20E29A925427.jpeg

4CEFFF30-30CE-4AAC-B558-A132FA343308.jpeg

52E528DE-6584-4776-8A2C-833BC9422CAB.jpeg
Jem said there would not be a horizontal line on S650, and that the tri-bars would have a more aggressive angle.

StangGang93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lincoln MKZ Black Label
Jem said there would not be a horizontal line on S650, and that the tri-bars would have a more aggressive angle.
I would love that, however The taillight camo shape on the s650 has me thinking, the s550 taillight camo wasn’t extended horizontally like the s650’s is & as you know we got three vertical tri style lights!

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ ACEC2044-9317-48EF-9D96-0D25C9590C27
2024 Spy Photo

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ DAA1B84B-86BD-4031-98F8-59AB68863429

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
yes and marketing will wet themselves in delight because to them, "cross-model brand consistency elements" excite them far more than if the result actually makes any sense. Watch, this 'thin white light-bar at the hood-line' motif is going to get pasted onto every damn Ford vehicle.
I doubt that, the light bar was pretty easy to spot on the evos/Mondeo, if it was on the s650, I feel like we would be able to see it peeking through the camo.

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
I would love that, however The taillight camo shape on the s650 has me thinking, the s550 taillight camo wasn’t extended horizontally like the s650’s is & as you know we got three vertical tri style lights!

ACEC2044-9317-48EF-9D96-0D25C9590C27.jpeg
2024 Spy Photo

DAA1B84B-86BD-4031-98F8-59AB68863429.jpeg
I hear you, but I think we're going to see tail lights like this:

S650 Mustang S650 Mustang design / styling first-hand description 🕵🏻‍♂️ 20220224_011249

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
2024 Spy Photo

DAA1B84B-86BD-4031-98F8-59AB68863429.jpeg
That's a picture of the camod S550 they drove around, not the S650.

I don't think they will use a horizontal bar. I think way too many cars have that currently. But hopefully they finally find a way to give europe sequential turn signals. But the Mach-E lights with upper and lower tribars being different lights look worse than we got on S550

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
But hopefully they finally find a way to give europe sequential turn signals.
it's against EU regs, isn't it? I could see something cheeky like change the width of the flash with each cycle. Whereas USA is a rapid fire sequence, if the standard flash interval is maintained but the width grows progressivly that *might* comply with the letter of the law if also violating the intent...

IMO why not just split the lights horizontally? With orange LEDs in the lower half. On full brake both halves are red, obviously, but on turn signal just the lower half shows orange, and if both, the upper half stays red and the lower half blinks orange, perhaps in a sequence.

Re-using red for turn signal is just stupid and frankly should be banned the world over.

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
As I understand it, the Mustang can't have sequential turn signals as each of the 3 elements are classed as a separate lamps. Many other cars in the EU, Audi and VW for example, can have sequentials as there are many individual LEDs in a single lamp, so they can "sweep".

Some EU laws are silly!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
it's against EU regs, isn't it? I could see something cheeky like change the width of the flash with each cycle. Whereas USA is a rapid fire sequence, if the standard flash interval is maintained but the width grows progressivly that *might* comply with the letter of the law if also violating the intent...
I actually was able to talk about this with the at the time head of mustang for europe, Jan Herzog. He told me they intended to add sequential turn signals, but eu regulations demand that if you have multiple light housings they have to be closer than 50mm to each other to count as one light unit. The Mustangs tribars are slightly further apart than that. Most of the stuff that annoys european customers came down to Ford USA already got their car finished before they decided they want to sell it in europe too.

You can find my post what he said here on M6G. Here's what he said about Gen 7 back in 2018:
  • Likely to come out in 2022
  • Europe was already done with what they want for 7th Gen, but US took a step back to change something and delayed it.
  • Final decision if the 7th Gen will be based on S550 or a completely new base is not done yet since Ford USA took a step back.
  • Ford Europe wants to have red rearlights, but no promises if that will be a thing.
  • Ford Europe also wants sequential turn signals but they have to discuss with the US designers to make the rear lights capable for EU regulations - And the designers usally do not like people
  • Overall they want the car to be closer to the US model, no manufacturer likes to build seperate parts for different markets.
  • They want to go with real leather seats. Right now only the middle of the seats are actual leather, the rest is artifical leather.
  • They clearly heard that people want the V8 engine. No promises of course, but it sounded like the US team is not really convinced to drop the V8 too.
  • First test of hybrid engine were crazy, they had no chance to get the amount of power on the road.

Last edited:

dethmaShine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 328i '09
The orange one does not appeal to me.

Dont think a poster look is moving to Mondeo. I think the poster look is an evolution of the GT500 styling in a more modern profile like the cyan mock around.

I hope it’s more of that vs the orange.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
I actually was able to talk about this with the at the time head of mustang for europe, Jan Herzog. He told me they intended to add sequential turn signals, but eu regulations demand that if you have multiple light housings they have to be closer than 50mm to each other to count as one light unit. The Mustangs tribars are slightly further apart than that. Most of the stuff that annoys european customers came down to Ford USA already got their car finished before they decided they want to sell it in europe too.

You can find my post what he said here on M6G. Here's what he said about Gen 7 back in 2018:
  • Likely to come out in 2022
  • Europe was already done with what they want for 7th Gen, but US took a step back to change something and delayed it.
  • Final decision if the 7th Gen will be based on S550 or a completely new base is not done yet since Ford USA took a step back.
  • Ford Europe wants to have red rearlights, but no promises if that will be a thing.
  • Ford Europe also wants sequential turn signals but they have to discuss with the US designers to make the rear lights capable for EU regulations - And the designers usally do not like people
  • Overall they want the car to be closer to the US model, no manufacturer likes to build seperate parts for different markets.
  • They want to go with real leather seats. Right now only the middle of the seats are actual leather, the rest is artifical leather.
  • They clearly heard that people want the V8 engine. No promises of course, but it sounded like the US team is not really convinced to drop the V8 too.
  • First test of hybrid engine were crazy, they had no chance to get the amount of power on the road.
Interestingly most of the said above has been confirmed four years later.

I'm still curious about the hybrid tests... I simply cannot imagine they build a proper hybrid mule that couldn’t handle the amount of power… How much power would be needed? Adding a ~200hp electric engine that powers the front wheels would certainly not result in ‘crazy’ power… It would be fast but certainly not crazy fast. Adding a ~300-400hp electric motor that powers the rear wheels as well would be a different talk but that would be a really dumb move.

Anyhow, seems like we here in Europe get a Mustang that is as close to the US-version as it can be. I would appreciate it ;)

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Not to get off topic, but I think it's total BS that the new Mondeo uses tri-bar elements. Either make a good looking car, or fully accept that you're producing a sh!tty looking trash can. Don't incorporate elements of your flagship into a sh!tbox in the hopes of luring buyers.
Sponsored