• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Just look like a Mach-e headlight to me.
Sponsored

Dub347sbf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang Dark Horse
If the headlights are moved down and made narrower it can make the front end look a little squished similar to the current F-type

But as Ace mentioned it depends on how the rest of the front looks

8EEC524E-2739-42F4-98CB-E888BEF8A04F.jpeg
65C29547-6508-4A8D-8A04-CF873005C437.jpeg
I hope they get the proportions right, the low headlights can make the front end look weird from certain angles if not. It could be a home run if done correctly, crossing my fingers, need to see more!

With 3 different setups that we have seen (base, GT, dual rear caliper), i wonder if we will get a performance version above the GT at launch, or if it will come later...or maybe its a v8 hybrid? Exciting!

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
I hope they get the proportions right, the low headlights can make the front end look weird from certain angles if not. It could be a home run if done correctly, crossing my fingers, need to see more!

With 3 different setups that we have seen (base, GT, dual rear caliper), i wonder if we will get a performance version above the GT at launch, or if it will come later...or maybe its a v8 hybrid? Exciting!
Did we really see a GT yet? We saw two time the same car with the 5 spoke wheels. The only GT we saw was a camod S550, so god knows what Ford is doing is testing with that car. But S550 started with 3 engine options, so we will have to wait how many options S650 will have

It wouldn't surprise me if the new GT is indeed a V6 or V8 hybrid and the one spotted here. Especially since it's a euro model it totally fits Ford Europes plan that they only sell hybrid and EVs from 2025 onwards.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Did we really see a GT yet?
You're right, the only "confirmed" GT was the S550-based mule/prototype as that was caught on video. The bigger brakes and wider tyres on the latest two prototypes (the fastback with the "Mach 1" style wheels, and the convertible) would indicate they are perhaps GT-variants, but until we get to hear them on video, we can only guess.

OX1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Auto-86 Capri 5.0 Turbo, 2017 Fusion Sport
I want to know more about that separate emerg brake caliper. I have a bunch of older vehicles with rear disk kits and no working emerg brake. I assume it is the same emerg brake caliper on new GT500.

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
On a side note, with Ford openly testing mules left and right now, and teasing racecars based on the s650, I'm starting to think some sort of reveal, or at least teaser in April for the New York auto show is more likely. Maybe showing the gt3 version of the s650 or something.
Whilst an April "birthday" reveal would be cool, I still think that's too soon. As @amk91 (where are you!?) has stated previously, Ford tends to not reveal cars less that 6 months prior to start of production. If that March 2023 Job 1 is accurate, that'd be a Sept/Oct reveal. I don't think they'd reveal the GT3 race car version first as the road car is too important to play second fiddle.

As we await more spyshots, I'm pouring over the existing ones. Damn that camo is good, 'cos its giving very little away :clap:

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 S650 Prototype 26

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
We were? I missed that. The s550 has been the best looking Mustang in the past 49 years - by far. Why was a change so badly needed?
Maybe that's why we've been hearing that the S650 is now supposed to be an evolution of S550 (both in design and specs) rather than a whole new platform? The powers that be at Ford may have realized that they had a great platform on their hands already, and all it needed was some tweaking. For now of course, everything remains TBD.

From what I'm seeing though, especially with these latest spy shots, I'm getting F8X M-car vibes from the headlights, and that is a very good thing since they were gorgeous (see example below). If that's accurate, and they didn't mess up the grille, then S650 will replace the S550 as the best looking Mustang.

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 Screenshot_20190114-191606_Instagram

Also, completely unrelated, but this below shot was saved alongside the above in my camera roll, and it's too good not to share. Enjoy.

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 Screenshot_20220216-214031_Instagram

Last edited:

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
We were? I missed that. The s550 has been the best looking Mustang in the past 49 years - by far. Why was a change so badly needed? This s650 'may' be a disappointment...
No one is saying the s550 is ugly. The concern was ford was going to make to same mistake gm made with the 6th gen Camaro, making it look too similar to the previous gen, thus massively hurting sales numbers. But as previously stated, from the very little we can see, it looks like the s650 will look different enough from the s550.

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
No one is saying the s550 is ugly. The concern was ford was going to make to same mistake gm made with the 6th gen Camaro, making it look too similar to the previous gen, thus massively hurting sales numbers. But as previously stated, from the very little we can see, it looks like the s650 will look different enough from the s550.
It better. This is their chance. Camaro/Challenger/Charger dead as we know it.
Corvette went huge.
They gotta do something besides new squintier headlights and "aggressive" tail lights.

Something.....besides that.

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
It better. This is their chance. Camaro/Challenger/Charger dead as we know it.
Corvette went huge.
They gotta do something besides new squintier headlights and "aggressive" tail lights.

Something.....besides that.
I keep saying it but I think they're going to expand the mustang sub-brand with more models. During an interview, David Pericak (I think that's how you spell his last name, too tired to look it up lol) who was the head engineer of the s550 said "We have future product plans pertaining to the mustang that I can't comment on right now that are going to keep the icon alive" the way he said it, you just knew there was something special/drastic planned that he wasn't telling us. Another mach-e engineer during a AMA when asked about the next gen mustang simply said "It's being developed currently, it's going to be a special one". I've heard other insiders say things like "Based on what I've heard, it'll be the most badass mustang yet" others have said there were a lot of cool ideas the team came up with, it's just a matter of seeing what makes it to production. All this secrecy and excitement, it makes me think there's something special planned for the mustang nameplate that goes beyond just doing a hybrid. Ford has stated they'd make a mustang hybrid, so there's no reason to be cryptic there.

So what else could it be? Well, we know multiple dealer employees who attend private dealer meetings have said they were shown a mustang sedan on multiple occasions. Fords been spied testing like two or three different models of performance sedans, which wouldn't make much sense if they had no intention of making some kind of performance sedan. They were also spied testing the c8. So maybe they'll do a mid-engine mustang, there's virtually no reason to buy a mid-engine car to benchmark it again the normal mustang, they don't really compete until you start looking at higher performance models of the mustang. So what if we end up seeing the mustang coupe(keeps purists happy) a mustang sedan(Appeals to many consumers who wanted to return of a ford sedan), the mach-e (Exists as a compelling ev that helps to future proof ford), and a mid-engine c8 competitor (Because the c8 is a runaway success that has worked wonders for the Corvettes image)? It's certainly not beyond the realm of possibility, and be exactly what the mustang brand needs at this point in time.