• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary
That's what I want, as a designer, I believe you can never have a long enough hood on a front engine sports car, ok, technically you can, but only when you get to like Mercedes SLS AMG levels lol.
On my MX5 the hood is the car 🤣
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 348EF6C6-EB08-4DD0-A72D-910D74B16431
Sponsored

Last edited:

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
If it gets a big centre screen, I really hope its integrated into the dash, not "floating" like the Mach E. I really thought it'd get the 12" horizontal screen from the F150/Bronco.
Aren't the Bulges on the Pillar the Standard Test Gague Pods?

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
There is definitely a huge block on the front as fake padding. This one below this has fake padding, but it's not as big as on the one above.
s650-mustang-new-mach1-prototype-spied-2-jpg.jpg
It's a little hard to tell obviously, but the front looks a little lower and more agressive to me.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
It's a little hard to tell obviously, but the front looks a little lower and more agressive to me.
Yes, the upper line of the headlight sits at about the heigth of the wheel.
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 s650-mustang-new-mach1-prototype-spied-2-jpg-

On S550 refresh the headlights sit not really higher, but is more angled so the headlights are reaching clearly above the wheels at the highest point.
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645082362426

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Yes, the upper line of the headlight sits at about the heigth of the wheel.
s650-mustang-new-mach1-prototype-spied-2-jpg-jpg.jpg

On S550 refresh the headlights sit not really higher, but is more angled so the headlights are reaching clearly above the wheels at the highest point.
1645082362426.png
hopefully the front end won’t look ”droopy” in lack of better words or like a duck face

Last edited:

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
hopefully the front end won’t look ”droopy” in lack of better words or like a duck face
I suspect it'll take some getting used to for some.

Not quite an apples to apples comparison, but the F-Type refresh comes to mind. That took me a little while to warm to it but see it in person and it's gorgeous!

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 F-Type

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
Vehicle(s)
2023 C8 Stingray
The grille might be splitted in two and not a vertically huge, but the headlight part still could be pretty accurate
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 1645091196399

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
I suspect it'll take some getting used to for some.

Not quite an apples to apples comparison, but the F-Type refresh comes to mind. That took me a little while to warm to it but see it in person and it's gorgeous!

F-Type.jpg
Yeah exactly what I was thinking

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The grille might be splitted in two and not a vertically huge, but the headlight part still could be pretty accurate
1645091196399.png
If it is like that I think it will look great

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Lost track of what is going on. Lol
If the headlights are moved down and made narrower it can make the front end look a little squished similar to the current F-type

But as Ace mentioned it depends on how the rest of the front looks

S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 8EEC524E-2739-42F4-98CB-E888BEF8A04F
S650 Mustang Spied: New Mustang Prototype w/ Mach 1-Style Wheels, Upgraded Dual Caliper Rear Brakes 📸 65C29547-6508-4A8D-8A04-CF873005C437

Stonehauler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, 550i
Is it a brake upgrade, or is the second caliper a parking brake/auto-hold brake?

One of the features I have on my BMW 550 was an "auto-hold" brake function. When turned on (you can turn the feature on/off), when you came to a complete stop, the car would just keep the brake on, even if you took your foot off the brake pedal. When you touched the gas, the brake came off and away you go. This is a big help when wearing clunky boots and trying to start up on a steep hill.

I was wondering if Ford might have something similar for "assist" during hill starts with a manual.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Is it a brake upgrade, or is the second caliper a parking brake/auto-hold brake?

One of the features I have on my BMW 550 was an "auto-hold" brake function. When turned on (you can turn the feature on/off), when you came to a complete stop, the car would just keep the brake on, even if you took your foot off the brake pedal. When you touched the gas, the brake came off and away you go. This is a big help when wearing clunky boots and trying to start up on a steep hill.

I was wondering if Ford might have something similar for "assist" during hill starts with a manual.
The main caliper is a different one and also the rotor itself seems to be quite a bit larger, which gives better heat management.

Also if tracked it will make the swapping of pads easier with the type of caliper that is on the rear.

Auto hold function is available on many cars and they don't necessarily have the setup with that smaller caliper(parking brake) similar to the GT500/ prototypes

Last edited:

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
auto-hold is a function of ABS programming. the 4-pot rears are just like the GT350 and the 2nd caliper is for the emergency/hand/parking brake like it's been for 6 years.
Sponsored