• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will the 2024 Motor be a Gen 4 Coyote?

Chris Edwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
The S650 will surely not need OPG's replaced kinda like the 2021 + F150's, which I thin is promising. Hopefully we won't have to tear into a brand new motor to throw boost at it. One thing that is inevitable is the tuning. 2021+ F150 guys still can't custom tune and it's been 2 years already.
Sponsored

Chris Edwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
that's no doubt permanent unless someone gets REAL creative. Time for a JP4 or other strap-on tuners I guess.
I'm not too sure on that. If Whipple can coordinate with Ford to include tuners with their kits, word on the forums is that at some point soon the Lund's and Oz's will also be able to remote tune.

OP
OP
Firsttexan

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Not to mention only a 3 year run and they look the best to true purists. Gen 2's will be the ones to hold onto over the next 20-25 years.
Said the guy with a gen2. :handsinair:

"True purists", really?:cwl:

Ya, the better intake, bigger cams, ports, compression and horsepower will lose out to the looks of the Gen 2. Not likely IMO.:like:

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
Not to mention only a 3 year run and they look the best to true purists. Gen 2's will be the ones to hold onto over the next 20-25 years.
Sounds totally what a gen 2 owner would say. As of right now, Gen 3 FTW.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Said the guy with a gen2. :handsinair:

"True purists", really?:cwl:

Ya, the better intake, bigger cams, ports, compression and horsepower will lose out to the looks of the Gen 2. Not likely IMO.:like:
I bought my 2017 used in 2019 because I decided I preferred to pay 1/2 as much rather than buying a Mach 1 handling pack car or another GT350. I do agree with your implication that the 2018+ standard GT doesn't look quite as good as the earlier cars do. I also don't like the way the newer manual transmission is geared. It makes the car seem slow on launch. Plus, as I said, I don't like DI. It's one of the things that kept me from buying a Camaro.

And I agree with your second point, too. I do still miss the power of the Voodoo somewhat. I'd love to have a better breathing engine. More compression - eh maybe that too. I may make some changes to my engine some day, do a build or even swap in something else. I've never assembled a DOHC engine before. It would probably be fun.

Anyway, for now I'm happy with it the way it is. I'm not sure I'll buy a new Mustang again. I'm really hoping to hear great news in a couple days that will make me want another new Mustang. But I'm pleased with the value of what I have right now. I think it's just about the perfect track beater and occasional commuter.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
I know I’ve brought this up in other threads before but ever since the announcement of the Mustang Gen 3 Supercar for the Australian Supercar series is using a “factory engine platform” in order to lower build costs and make the sport more financially friendly for smaller teams, I’ve wondered if there’s any crossover from the Coyote they are using and what’s going to be offered in the S650 Mustang. The Gen 3 Supercar’s Coyote is reportedly 5.4L in order to be homolgated with the Camaro.

Just a small note, this is not related to the GT3 car. I haven’t seen any compelling evidence that there will be any overlap between the two series.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
that's no doubt permanent unless someone gets REAL creative. Time for a JP4 or other strap-on tuners I guess.
Piggy backs have been a thing for the euro guys for years and it’s going to be the hot ticket going forward

it’s both good and bad

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Piggy backs have been a thing for the euro guys for years and it’s going to be the hot ticket going forward

it’s both good and bad
Yeah, I had a JB4 on my accord 2.0 turbo. It's not terrible. Not as good as a tuner load IMO, but it still worked without issue.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Yeah, I had a JB4 on my accord 2.0 turbo. It's not terrible. Not as good as a tuner load IMO, but it still worked without issue.
You also have to watch for whether or not the Ecu has built in traps for piggy backs. BMW has been doing it on some models it throws an implausibility code and gets recorded so the dealer can see it

It’ll see the map is reading extremely low and go yup we got a piggy back then check the other parameters as a back log

mjr1989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack
Well it seems that the 4th gen 5.0 is out of the bag, at least according to the title of Stangmode's premiere video that goes live later tonight. He saw the car yesterday and may have let this slip!

OP
OP
Firsttexan

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Well it seems that the 4th gen 5.0 is out of the bag, at least according to the title of Stangmode's premiere video that goes live later tonight. He saw the car yesterday and may have let this slip!
Not a big fan. He is just click baiting.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
This is not a surprise. It would’ve been a huge surprise if it would’ve been anything but a 5.0 Gen 4. If the F150 has it the Mustang might get it. If the F150 doesn’t have it the Mustang most likely doesn’t get it (special edition aside).

Ford always brags about their ability to offer the Lightning at a fairly cheap price point because their economy of scale and that is also the reason why there won’t be a 5.2, 5.4 or whatever in the regular Mustang. There are no scale effects if the F150 doesn’t have it.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0