• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Will the 2024 Motor be a Gen 4 Coyote?

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I read it straight from the ford website, engine specs. It shows 11:1 for ‘22 MY
Ford made a typo. That's all.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Firsttexan

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
It'll probably have the same cylinder shut off that the new f150s have
That shit is the worst! I will not own a car or truck that does that.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
That shit is the worst! I will not own a car that does that.
I would assume it would be limited to the autos though. With that said, the F150 coyote does that because it's a big ass truck and so cylinder deactivation is the only way that thing can get halfway decent fuel economy. The Mustang's a big girl, but I don't see them resorting to cylinder deactivation for the sake of mpgs.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
As I’ve said in the other posts it’s either going to be 1 or two things
1) the mach 1/bullitt engine with some updates
2) a true gen 4 engine with major improvements I’ve even heard of a twin throttle body rumor from upper management at da plant

that’s pretty much it either or

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Past generational changes were significant IMO. I am thinking there is not much room on to move on a Gen 3 motor regarding changes. That's why I thought it might still be a Gen 3 for 2024.

Rumors of reaching "near 500hp" may be an indicator of a Gen 4 with significant changes.

Time will tell.
Getting to 500hp if they use the mach 1 variant wouldn’t be very hard the issue really is after that. When the coyote came out it was slated for a 10 year lifespan. Once we start getting into 500-525hp they’re going to have to either
1) spend a lot of money higher compression, better heads, cams etc
2) just start fresh with a new engine

we really are peaking this architecture for a production version

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.LEDandSafety.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
The bigger question is, will the new 2024 Engine be a 5.0, 5.2, or 5.4 displacement? Quickest way to up the power is to up the cubes. And with the dual intake coming, it may be larger this time.

Red65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Red 1965 Coupe
If those rumors are accurate, then the rumors of a dual air intake are probably also accurate. Unless they increased displacement, only way you're going to get more power is with more air, fuel, or compression. Since I don't see them upping the compression, more air and fuel is the next logical step towards 500hp.

With that said, to achieve 500hp I would also expect higher flowing heads, potentially more aggressive cams, and potentially a higher rev limit. IF we're lucky, they also got rid of the arc sprayed plasma liners in favor of legit cylinder sleeves.
I'm not sure I would bet on plasma liners going away. From a financial and supply chain perspective, that tech being used for the coyote's production required a decent investment of time, money, machinery/materials, etc. Such investments usually don't just get done away with off a whim if it has been profitable for the company. I understand that the plasma liners have caused some issues for some customers, but as a whole, Ford is assumingly fine with the percentage of problems given there's no recall of any kind. I personally find it unfortunate as well, but I understand their reasoning for why they moved to it and if they continue to use it.

OP
OP
Firsttexan

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
They will probably do a gen 4 but it might not be all good stuff. I fear a gen 4 might be more emissions and fuel compliant.
An Ecoyote! :shock:

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,1965 Sunbeam Tiger (Stolen, Elk Heart Lake)

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Man, I just want them to go back to an aluminum oil pan instead of that plastic garbage.
Coyote has never had an aluminum pan.

An Ecoyote! :shock:
Small electric engine to assist the 5.0 and you have an easy 500hp with 0 changes to the Gen 3.

Can be as non-intrusive as an alternator acting as a small electrical engine assist similar to what Jeep does on the 2.0 Wrangler.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
I would assume it would be limited to the autos though. With that said, the F150 coyote does that because it's a big ass truck and so cylinder deactivation is the only way that thing can get halfway decent fuel economy. The Mustang's a big girl, but I don't see them resorting to cylinder deactivation for the sake of mpgs.
Ford mercifully doesn't do cylinder de-activation. It just turns the engine off if you step hard enough on the brake pedal when stopped. There is a defeat switch next to the hazards. You can also kill the feature when you order it ($20 dealer-only option, not available on website), as well use Forscan to quash it.
Sponsored