• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Why did you get an Automatic over a 6 Speed?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Just cause you don't like it doesn't mean you can be willfully ignorant.
Tesla FSD is a lie. Has been since day one. It routinely kills people.
That it hasn't yet put you in a pine box doesn't mean it's not going to.

Same thing with "AI". It's not "generative" it's "regurgitative" and only SEEMS like it's smart when in reality it's just a random word-fragment picker influenced by statistical proximity.
Sponsored

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Tesla FSD is a lie. Has been since day one. It routinely kills people.
That it hasn't yet put you in a pine box doesn't mean it's not going to.

Same thing with "AI". It's not "generative" it's "regurgitative" and only SEEMS like it's smart when in reality it's just a random word-fragment picker influenced by statistical proximity.
lmao @ both statements.

I understand your concerns, and safety should always be a top priority when it comes to autonomous driving technology. While there have been incidents involving Tesla's Full Self-Driving (FSD) system, it's essential to recognize that the technology is continuously evolving and improving. Like any new technology, there are challenges and risks involved, but that doesn't mean progress should halt altogether.

It's worth noting that autonomous driving systems from various manufacturers, including Tesla, are subject to rigorous testing and regulatory scrutiny to ensure they meet safety standards. While no system is perfect, advancements in AI and machine learning are driving significant improvements in vehicle automation, ultimately enhancing road safety and convenience.

Regarding your skepticism about AI, it's true that AI models are trained on vast amounts of data and use statistical patterns to generate responses. However, dismissing AI as merely "regurgitative" overlooks the complexity and capabilities of modern AI systems. These systems can understand context, generate creative solutions, and adapt to new scenarios, demonstrating a level of intelligence that goes beyond simple statistical analysis.

In conclusion, while there are valid concerns and criticisms surrounding autonomous driving technology and AI, it's important to acknowledge the progress being made and the potential benefits these advancements offer for the future of transportation.

Brought to you by ChatGPT :)

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
I didnā€™t realize the manuals donā€™t have that..

I wasnā€™t remotely prepared for how much I LOVE lane keep assist!!!

when I hop in my other cars I realize..ā€wow I swerve so much while drivingā€¦LKA isnā€™t perfect, but itā€™s damn good.

pre collision is amazing tooā€¦ I was at the drag strip and a guy walked near the front of my car rolling out of a burnout and it brought me to a full stop!
If you like LKA you would really appreciate the lane centering even if it's wrong sometimes. I also had someone walk in front of the car and when I hit the brakes it went full hault. Scared the shit out of me but I realize one day that will be the difference between a collision or not.

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Brought to you by ChatGPT
No doubt.
I guess nobody remembered to inform ChatGPT that the so-called regulators don't actually do any useful testing and just let these frauds onto public roads. Hey, if you wanna spend billions chasing FSD pipe-dreams go ahead. Maybe you'll get there. But nothing beats a human brain for the foreseable future. It's just that most human brains are NOT engaged in the task set forth before them. And for that there is a very simple solution - replace airbag with 9" spike.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rapid_RedGT

Rapid_RedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT
Lmao that after 100 replies, nobody has mentioned the ACTUAL S650 difference between auto and manual.
I got the automatic because I wanted Stop & Go with the adaptive cruise control and Active Lane Centering assist.
Both work extremely well. The stop and go usually just hits the gas and brakes for me while in traffic after coming to a stop. If you sit still for too long you just have to press resume on the cruise control.
The active lane centering assist also works pretty well. It follows the lane markers ahead and basically drives the car for you. Sometimes I feel the steering wheel moving before I go to grab it ahead of a curve on the highway for example. I will say, my system does keep me on the right edge of the lane instead of the center which is kind of annoying but I've grown accustomed to it.

It's 2024 and I wanted a car that can drive itself. We have the technology and I don't recommend missing out on it.

1708020253708.png
Not being funny, but I find it hard to believe you read up on this ahead of time...and that was your deciding factor on buying a 24 Mustang. But if you say it, I will roll with ya on it. Most want a Mustang, because...well, it's a Mustang. But I do respect your statement.

Interstellar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C6 Z06
Not being funny, but I find it hard to believe you read up on this ahead of time...and that was your deciding factor on buying a 24 Mustang. But if you say it, I will roll with ya on it. Most want a Mustang, because...well, it's a Mustang. But I do respect your statement.
if I could easily search through my posts, you would certainly find me making this same reference well before it was delivered in Oct (Mar order)
Itā€™s also pretty easy to read in the order guide which I used heavily when ordering.

Edit: it's even written write on the builder
S650 Mustang Why did you get an Automatic over a 6 Speed? 1708039172249

Last edited:

Ryunker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 convertible, 1971 Mach1
Seems they 'all' don't!

What is the Average Life of a Car? (Vehicle Lifespan) | Cascade Collision

Getting better with modern construction and tolerances but 'not that long ago a car did well to get to 100k miles.'

You can make anything last for ever if you throw enough money at it (classic cars) but that is not realistic for most people.

Average Lifespan for U.S. Vehicles ā€“ Berla.co

The average lifespan of a vehicle is currently 13 -17 years while the average age is 11.5 years.

Of course some cars will get to 400k miles and 20 years, but as the data above confirms MOST do not.
So as you drive around in reality, drive around and see how any vehicles out there are older than 2007 here so any ore than some web search shows.

So what do you think happens with cars over 100k? And over 11.5 years? They sell for a shit house of cash and reliable for another decade. That is real life.

Eurasianman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Lmao that after 100 replies, nobody has mentioned the ACTUAL S650 difference between auto and manual.
I got the automatic because I wanted Stop & Go with the adaptive cruise control and Active Lane Centering assist.
Both work extremely well. The stop and go usually just hits the gas and brakes for me while in traffic after coming to a stop. If you sit still for too long you just have to press resume on the cruise control.
The active lane centering assist also works pretty well. It follows the lane markers ahead and basically drives the car for you. Sometimes I feel the steering wheel moving before I go to grab it ahead of a curve on the highway for example. I will say, my system does keep me on the right edge of the lane instead of the center which is kind of annoying but I've grown accustomed to it.

It's 2024 and I wanted a car that can drive itself. We have the technology and I don't recommend missing out on it.

1708020253708.png
Thanks for the additional info. That would explain why the lane keep assist or lane centering assist, whatever you want to call it, doesn't work as well in my vehicle (6MT) as it does in the Odyssey, where it jerks the steering wheel to help center the vehicle in the lane.

Gregs24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang V8 GT, Ford Kuga PHEV
So as you drive around in reality, drive around and see how any vehicles out there are older than 2007 here so any ore than some web search shows.

So what do you think happens with cars over 100k? And over 11.5 years? They sell for a shit house of cash and reliable for another decade. That is real life.
Oh here we go. Data means nothing, 'web searches' are irrelevant even when from reputable sources - you just know better :giggle:

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
About time you learned. I would teach you except I moved from there in 2011. In addition, I commuted between Anaheim (home) and El Toro for many years and after you experienced rush hour traffic with manual, you would never drive one again unless you're really a diehard like me.
Back in 1989, I was test driving a manual Mustang in Harbor City, CA. It may have been a McLaren (?) version, so it was only available in manual. The salesman tried to teach me, since it would have been a big sale compared to a stock Mustang. After I stalled out the car numerous times on a very busy PCH on a Saturday afternoon, after almost an hour, the salesman had me get out and switch seats with him--IN THE MIDDLE OF PCH--and he drove us back to the dealership, "No manual for you." Never tried to drive a manual since. Can't chew gum and walk at the same time either!

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
After I stalled out the car numerous times on a very busy PCH on a Saturday afternoon
you had a bad teacher and worse environment. I'm sure there's a tiny piece of 'manual driver' deep inside yearning after all these years to come out and play.

MGHTYDX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BMW i4 M50; 2024 Mustang GT Premium
you had a bad teacher and worse environment. I'm sure there's a tiny piece of 'manual driver' deep inside yearning after all these years to come out and play.
No yearning at all. Just like no yearning to try a raw oyster or a raw tomato! šŸ˜€

ToyPonyForTony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 Grabber Blue GT on order, 21 Jeep Gladiator
No yearning at all. Just like no yearning to try a raw oyster or a raw tomato! šŸ˜€
Honestly, i did not see the point of owning an American made muscle car that is an automatic. Something about the sound of that coyote engine as it goes through the gears is music to my ears. To each their own though!
Sponsored