• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!!

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
I'm gonna get me a van and pull up beside '24 Stang owners at stop lights, offering to fix-up their instrument clusters in an hour for a hundred bucks. A pair of tin snips, a wire skinner, some super-glue and...I dunno, something else = Profit!
As techie as the cluster looks... might take someone from Geek Squad to fix it...😄
Sponsored

Reactions: DRB

Hammerdown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F150 Screw 4x4
At this point they'd be foolish not to weight their focus groups toward buyers under forty, and particularly under thirty. Whatever future the car industry has is in the hands of Gen Z, not those of us who've discovered the satisfactions of being in and out of a good restaurant before the main dinner crowd hits. :wink:
Yeah. Because honestly no how awesome I do or don't think the new stang looks I'm probably not going to battle the hype crowd and pay over sticker to get one anyway. Much like the Bronco. Its cool... I'll wait a few model years until they fix some of the problems they have and then pick up a clean one owner....

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Yeah. Because honestly no how awesome I do or don't think the new stang looks I'm probably not going to battle the hype crowd and pay over sticker to get one anyway. Much like the Bronco. Its cool... I'll wait a few model years until they fix some of the problems they have and then pick up a clean one owner....
On that point, NO ONE should be paying ADMs. If anyone here is in NY Metro/NJ/PA - your best option is hands down Ciocca Ford (formerly Ditschman). No ADMs is their mission. Great dealership overall too.

6String

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
At this point they'd be foolish not to weight their focus groups toward buyers under forty, and particularly under thirty. Whatever future the car industry has is in the hands of Gen Z, not those of us who've discovered the satisfactions of being in and out of a good restaurant before the main dinner crowd hits. :wink:
10-4!

DeluxeStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Strike the Supra from that list dude - it's an abomination not worthy of anyone's time (or the Supra name).
One of my professors has one actually in yellow. Wasn't a fan of a new supra at first, but it's growing on me. Especially with a few mods. The chassis seems decent, the powertrain seems pretty reliable and tuneable. The main issue is the price. It's basically in c8 territory.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Dud imo :

Exterior is horrible, cross between a Charger and a Camaro, the ecoboost looks even worse.

Interior looks cheap minus the nice screens.

Price and power yet to be determined.

BoostRabbitGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mustang EcoBoost
I'm part of the target demographic (lol millennial). 34 going 35, but I feel like I'm older physically speaking and mentally younger than my age suggests.

Honestly they could've made a V8 Mustang with EcoBoost figures and I likely would've liked it from the start. I guess I'm really easy to please compared to others on here. (Shrugs)

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
Call me crazy but every time I take another look at it, I start to like it more and more. I think I might actually love it when I get to see it in person.

Spectre

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Boxster GTS
Strike the Supra from that list dude - it's an abomination not worthy of anyone's time (or the Supra name).
Ooh, have to disagree with you there. Yes, it's made largely of BMW parts, but these happen to be the best/most robust parts BMW has built in a looooong time. It's no coincidence the B58 was selected for a Toyota.... Toyota had a very strong influence in keeping BMW's "German" tendencies to a minimum. Watch the online tear down of the B58... it's stout af. And the styling may be love it or hate it, but I love it. Couple with with pure Toyota suspension tuning, and Toyota engineering the best BMW manual tranny, and well...

can you tell this is the car I'm cross shopping the Mustang with? :cwl:. I drove the automatic versions and they are a riot.

One of my professors has one actually in yellow. Wasn't a fan of a new supra at first, but it's growing on me. Especially with a few mods. The chassis seems decent, the powertrain seems pretty reliable and tuneable. The main issue is the price. It's basically in c8 territory.
Not anymore. C8s now start for well over 10k of the cost of a 3.0 Supra, and that's for a 1LT, non-Z51, complete stripper of a C8, sans markup.

Last edited:

because_murica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Camaro SS-1LE
Ooh, have to disagree with you there. Yes, it's made largely of BMW parts, but these happen to be the best/most robust parts BMW has built in a looooong time. It's no coincidence the B58 was selected for a Toyota.... Toyota had a very strong influence in keeping BMW's "German" tendencies to a minimum. Watch the online tear down of the B58... it's stout af. And the styling may be love it or hate it, but I love it. Couple with with pure Toyota suspension tuning, and Toyota engineering the best BMW manual tranny, and well...

can you tell this is the car I'm cross shopping the Mustang with? :cwl:. I drove the automatic versions and they are a riot.

Not anymore. C8s now start for well over 10k of the cost of a 3.0 Supra, and that's for a 1LT, non-Z51, complete stripper of a C8, sans markup.
No one said the B58 was garbage, it's clearly not (aside from timing chain being on the backside of the engine). I said the car wasn't worthy of the Supra name. If they had called it something entirely different, I don't think anyone would have cared. But a Supra should have a Toyota engine. I would never buy a Mustang with an AMG engine for example - no matter how good it was.

Heritage aside, while I haven't driven a new Supra, I don't read the best things about its handling out of the box. Most seem to complain of snap oversteer, numb steering, etc. Take that with a grain of salt I guess. But if you're looking at something like a DH, I wouldn't even bother cross shopping with a Supra. I anticipate DH will mop the floor with everything under $100k aside from the C8 and maybe the Cayman.

roket

Threads
Reaction score
Website
roket333.github.io
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang Dark Horse
i love how the S650 looks inside and out (sorry in advance for the essay below).
one of my favorite parts of the outside is how the front indicator is now in the headlight instead of below, i just hope the one Ford let reviewers see had faulty programming for it, as it seemed to only use the inner 2 bars, and the middle one would light up for a fraction of a second. i also like how the indicator is sequential, i never got why Ford didn't do that on the 2018+ when they went to LED indicators. not huge on the fact the passenger side vent is blocked off, but it sounds like that's where the washer fluid is, so that's whatever. another maybe unpopular opinion, i like how they seem to be bridging the visual differences between the Mustang and the Mach E.

as for the interior, i feel like i'm in the minority saying this, but i quite like it and all the tech it has.
my least favorite part might be tied between the knockoff Lamborghini-style sport and track mode gauges, how it looks like they threw some screens on the dash and said "that'll do", and the fact they added auto start-stop, which i hope they have a delete option for (unless it leaves an empty button, then i'll keep it). i'm a bit sad they moved the auxiliary gauges off the gauge cluster, 99% of the time thats what i have up on my M1. i'm also not a huge fan of the carbon fiber styled trim, but it's far from bad and i can absolutely live with it.

then there's the Dark Horse, which makes everything inside and out even better. great bit of trim under the grill, the grill itself is fantastic, the wheels are pretty cool looking, as is the wing, exhaust, and emblems. that Blue Ember color is killer and is worth the appearance pack on it's own IMO, but even more so if the concept art for the appearance pack interior represents how it really will look. very glad they didn't make it manual-only and i'm really curious to see how those optional carbon fiber wheels look.

finally, the engine, i'm glad they left the Coyote mostly untouched with some pretty great improvements. i'm sure that stock intake system has tons of room for more N/A power. i'm also starting to doubt that Ford had to reduce the 2022 and 23 power for emissions, might've been to make the S650 look better. it's also really cool that the Ecoboost guys got some upgrades too instead of "here's the same engine, have fun".

overall, 9/10 for me, and i'm considering trading my M1 in for a Dark Horse when they come out.

• Love

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I'll say that the front end of the new car is a great improvement over the 550 - pre-or-post '18 refresh.

CoolHandLuke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 SHELBY GT500 (GOLDEN TICKET)
Dud. Looks too generic in most trim levels. The car is like a gumbo with too many ingredients thrown in. Too much Camaro design language going on here from the front 3/4 view- also see hints of charger as well...? The "blacked out" lower headlamp filler panels look hideous, in other trim levels the front bumper looks decent. The rear is too tapered from a side profile and the lower decklid's "trapezoidal" shape cutting into the top of the rear bumper looks strange- squashed actually. The interior looks good as far as the display tech but it also makes it look a little too generic... maybe I'll change my mind once I see it in person. To each his own!

Crayon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Magnetic Ecoboost "Maggie"
I like it...but the back end looks sorta like a Camaro. That said, I like it mechanically, and the looks are not bad at all to me.

I love the Dark Horse badge
The back end Camaro likeness gets to me, too. But, I guess nothing we can do about it. It overall has grown on me a lot though.
Sponsored