• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Any updates on whats changed with the Performance Pack for S650?

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
I'm hoping that many of the S550 parts are now just included and the S650 PP is more equal to the S550's PPL2.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Need for Green Ecoboost 101a
It would be nice, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Ford seems to never think about adding things as baseline or as an optional package for things the competition has available (like heated seats for cloth interiors). The new GT does check off the "we used the previous higher end model as the standard" (Mach 1 in this case), but I don't see much being given from the PP as standard.

If they somehow factor in anything, I could see the K-Brace, the larger radiator, and maybe standard 3.73 gearing, but that's a big maybe. Everything else that currently comes with the PP they'll no doubt charge for.

OP
OP
Schwerin

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
It would be nice, but I wouldn't get my hopes up. Ford seems to never think about adding things as baseline or as an optional package for things the competition has available (like heated seats for cloth interiors). The new GT does check off the "we used the previous higher end model as the standard" (Mach 1 in this case), but I don't see much being given from the PP as standard.

If they somehow factor in anything, I could see the K-Brace, the larger radiator, and maybe standard 3.73 gearing, but that's a big maybe. Everything else that currently comes with the PP they'll no doubt charge for.
I was mostly thinking like the bushings, k-brace, radiator, maybe control arms or something.

I with the fact the PP price had been going up so much, and the Dark Horse base being mostly an improved Mach1 setup it feels like there would be a larger gap between them for an improved PP to fill the gap of.

Would be nice if at least the springs/struts were tweaked some, the tires were a LITTLE wider than S550 PP, or square and it got a remapped Magneride.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
I'm hoping that many of the S550 parts are now just included and the S650 PP is more equal to the S550's PPL2.
Why? That just seem like extra cost to people that may not want any of that stuff. That's the beauty of Ford offering so many different "levels" or options, so that those who want them can get them and those who don't don't have to pay extra for something they don't need.

Even if they were to include the PP1 package for example in the base model, the price would go up accordingly and like mentioned be forced to pay for it regardless of need. I'd rather see a base MSRP of $40,000 with an optional $6,000 package rather than have that package be automatically included in every car and the base MSRP be $46,000 right off the bat.

OP
OP
Schwerin

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang BULLITT
Why? That just seem like extra cost to people that may not want any of that stuff. That's the beauty of Ford offering so many different "levels" or options, so that those who want them can get them and those who don't don't have to pay extra for something they don't need.

Even if they were to include the PP1 package for example in the base model, the price would go up accordingly and like mentioned be forced to pay for it regardless of need. I'd rather see a base MSRP of $40,000 with an optional $6,000 package rather than have that package be automatically included in every car and the base MSRP be $46,000 right off the bat.
But that's not how actual production costs work.
It likely would probably barely change the price of the car as those added parts would be produced on a MUCH larger scale instead of the other ones. When making parts on a much larger scale those prices to make/include them go down. it also means less need for inventory room/management as instead of stocking 2 radiators and making sure the proper one is hitting the line at the same time you'd only have to stock/install 1.

Now if Ford wants to be money loving Asshats and charge 6k for what's MAYBE $2k to them(not counting the cost savings of NOT producing the other parts), that's another topic.

gearhead350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S197 (sold)
I expect the S650 PP to be at least $7500 especially with the drift brake as part of the package. What kills me is the 1LE package on Camaro is $7000 & includes dual mode exhaust, magnaride, & recaro seats which are all extra cost on top of mustang PP. plus 1LE comes with forged wheels & e-diff. C’mon ford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now if Ford wants to be money loving Asshats and charge 6k for what's MAYBE $2k to them(not counting the cost savings of NOT producing the other parts), that's another topic.
Keep in mind, this is the same company that decided to split the old EB PP into two parts once they released the HPP and then charge $7k if you want both packages while a 5.0 is only a few thousand more at that point.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
What kills me is the 1LE package on Camaro is $7000 & includes dual mode exhaust, magnaride, & recaro seats which are all extra cost on top of mustang PP. plus 1LE comes with forged wheels & e-diff. C’mon ford
Don't worry, it won't be killing you for very long seeing as how the Camaro is being discontinued.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
Need to wait for the order guide. That will be step one in determining what the 2024 PP will include. Just don't get your hopes up for anything additional at the same cost. It just doesn't work that way! :giggle::like:

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
The new GT does check off the "we used the previous higher end model as the standard" (Mach 1 in this case)....
If that was the case the new GT would have oil and differential coolers, and the manual transmission would be the Tremec.

Korvus15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang
If that was the case the new GT would have oil and differential coolers, and the manual transmission would be the Tremec.
Yeah it does look like the only thing from the Mach 1 thats now "standard" on the gt is 480 HP from pre 2022 mach 1 models lol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It may not be a direct 1:1, but I don’t see Ford not using the Mach 1 as the benchmark for the new 5.0 to try and at least be within the same metrics. Ford did the same thing with the 550 5.0 and the outgoing Boss at the time, that was the standard they wanted to achieve, but they didn’t give the 5.0 Boss parts. Granted it was a new platform the Mustang was on between the generations so that played a factor.

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
It may not be a direct 1:1, but I don’t see Ford not using the Mach 1 as the benchmark for the new 5.0 to try and at least be within the same metrics. Ford did the same thing with the 550 5.0 and the outgoing Boss at the time, that was the standard they wanted to achieve, but they didn’t give the 5.0 Boss parts. Granted it was a new platform the Mustang was on between the generations so that played a factor.
The platform (D2C for S197, slightly reworked for S550 and S650) is more or less the same… However, Ford did some substantial improvements (IRS) and offered an entirely new driving experience with the S550. They did improve enough to call it a new Mustang although the engine was almost the same (engine received a bigger update with the 2018 refresh on the S550).

This time however, they took what was left from the original “all new 2020 Mustang” and mixed it with what was possible with the S650 /D2C platform. They cut corners wherever possible and came up with what could very easily be called a refresh with a heavy interior update… Although, so far I haven’t heard many people praising it…
Sponsored