• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats up with the manuals?

OP
OP

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Back to the original topic the MT-82D4 & TR-3160 just don’t have numerically low enough gearing to match the 10R80 cars. Had the 2018 and newer cars carried over the ratios from 11-17 they’d be a whole different animal.
Is this not something that can be adjusted? What would need to be changed?
Sponsored

REV745DH24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Dark Horse
As I watched Middleton Motorsport video, I notice the guy mentioned turning off traction control on the vehicle! Does that make a difference for your car? Might be worth something to try on your car?

horned-toad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Audi S5
Is this not something that can be adjusted? What would need to be changed?
change your diff to 4.30 and your MT82D4 is bassically the same as the original MT82D5.

but 4.3 is not common and rather extreme. Most people who want to go down this road are happy enough with 4.09 gears.

Last edited:

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
From what I was told the other day, EVs are very fast, I still don’t and still won’t EVER own one
EV's are fast few people would deny that but fast isn't the only thing that matters to most car people

heard a good analogy the other day. comparing EV'a to ICE high performance cars is like comparing a charcoal grill to a microwave. sure the microwave will cook your burger faster than the grill but nobody wants a microwaved burger

JAL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
and the fact people can't shift.
This is so true. I watch YouTube videos and expect to see excellent gear changes but it almost never happens. Very few people have driven a few hundred thousand miles with a stick and lived with that way of driving every day to the point it is almost as fast as a DCT and super smooth every time. I don't think the shifter has anything to do with it. I'd be very surprised if it were possible to get better/faster shifts than with what's already on the car from the factory.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350
This is so true. I watch YouTube videos and expect to see excellent gear changes but it almost never happens. Very few people have driven a few hundred thousand miles with a stick and lived with that way of driving every day to the point it is almost as fast as a DCT and super smooth every time. I don't think the shifter has anything to do with it. I'd be very surprised if it were possible to get better/faster shifts than with what's already on the car from the factory.
You couldn’t physically jam the gear lever fast enough to match a DCT. Assuming your synchros didn’t get eviscerated from repeatedly power shifting as fast as physically possible, DCTs are intrinsically designed in an unmatchable way, with two clutches (hence dual)—one for even gears and one for odds—constantly pre-prepping the adjacent gears for a change. The moment one is disengages, the other engages.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
EV's are fast few people would deny that but fast isn't the only thing that matters to most car people

heard a good analogy the other day. comparing EV'a to ICE high performance cars is like comparing a charcoal grill to a microwave. sure the microwave will cook your burger faster than the grill but nobody wants a microwaved burger
except they’re FASTER than that… ‘embarrassing fast.

more like starting a charcoal grill compared to it’s already in your stomach and you’re done eating.

Esp if plaids fall to 60K.
And this is coming from a 1000HP foxbody guy.

packfan021488

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Shadow Black GT PP
except they’re FASTER than that… ‘embarrassing fast.

more like starting a charcoal grill compared to it’s already in your stomach and you’re done eating.

Esp if plaids fall to 60K.
And this is coming from a 1000HP foxbody guy.
to me driving is more than top line speed. EV'S, yes even the Plaid, look and sound( what sound ?) like total shit

if I just cared about speed in a line I would get a street bike

MikeyV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT Premium - Brembo - Race Red
It was a mistake to change the manual ratios like they did. I have a '14 and I really like how it's geared. It's got 3:31 rear. Having 5th be 1:1 is sweet. Only complaint would be that 6th is too far from 5th. It's a big jump down in rpms - right at the speeds you drive at on the freeway.

Are the Tremecs in the DH geared the same?

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
It was a mistake to change the manual ratios like they did. I have a '14 and I really like how it's geared. It's got 3:31 rear. Having 5th be 1:1 is sweet. Only complaint would be that 6th is too far from 5th. It's a big jump down in rpms - right at the speeds you drive at on the freeway.

Are the Tremecs in the DH geared the same?
On the DH 6th really isn't for racing Unless your talking speeds over 130 miles per hour. I just had mine out for a 30 mile freeway trip and it's great for counting off the miles but not so much for acceleration at 65 miles per hour. Going from 1:1 to .63:1 is a sizable step. As mine is a daily drive, that isn't an issue for me but I can see where it could be for others. For racing, the Getrag probably has a more desirable ratio.

saleen367

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP2 Kona Blue 2015 Focus Titanium
As I watched Middleton Motorsport video, I notice the guy mentioned turning off traction control on the vehicle! Does that make a difference for your car? Might be worth something to try on your car?
Speaking of Middleton ... they were supposed to go to RA for a track day in early October, but I was told in the comment section in one of their videos; "Had issues with engine. Stay tuned".

Has anyone heard?

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
This video explains it all and specifically the difference between the mustang 6 speed manual and 10 speed auto. 40% less torque is a lot!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
This video explains it all and specifically the difference between the mustang 6 speed manual and 10 speed auto. 40% less torque is a lot!

IMO: wot fly by is junk. 90% spent below 90%.

it ain’t a plane nor a jet it is an auto mobile.

Twizzty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Remember kids...just say no to drugs!

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr