• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats up with the manuals?

SoggyBottomBoy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Seeing mid 5 second times on 0-60 is just unacceptable. I'm actually considering cancelling my order because of this. I know times aren't everything, which is why I chose to order a manual this time around (also considering getting the auto for the low 4s times it manages to pull), but I chose to order this car as I thought it would be an upgrade in performance to my times I got in my 21 Challenger R/T (was an auto). I regularly hit high 4's - low 5's in a 21 auto RT, so assumed a +100 hp and - hundreds of pounds between the challenger and GT would resort in even faster times on the GT, even for a manual.

What the hell is going on with the times people are getting?
Is there actually some kind of limiter pre 1000 miles like some people are theorizing? Is it just because of the trash stock tires (obviously isn't because the autos have the same tires). I refuse to believe that a manual with +100 hp and hundreds of pounds lighter pulls worse times than a 21 auto Challenger.
Sponsored

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Tires, people are learning the car, learning where the car likes to shift, and the fact people can't shift. If you want fast times get an auto. The manual is for fun and just for a drivers connection to the car. Manuals are not really know for being fast 0-60, as thats not what a manual is for. Now if you roll race then thats a better fit. But I get where you coming from tho.

If you are gonna cancel then try test driving other manuals and launch them beforehand. Compare your 0-60 to the new stang and old stang In real world testing and note what tire is on the car. Most these times are real world. If you want an accurate time, then you need to go to a strip on a prepped surface to get a true time. But people are learning the car and where it likes to be to launch. Also it's RWD so it's a challenge.

Dena

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 Mustang GT, 24 Red Dark horse premium Manual
While I have not been on a race track, it should be possible to do 0-60 with a single shift on a manual transmission. No lift shift should make it possible to make the shift nearly as fast as an automatic. It would be a matter of perfecting the process by practicing it. I suspect Ford may have put some restrictions on engine operation during break-in because you shouldn't exceed about 3/4 of the ability of the engine during break-in. Zero to 60 is something most people don't do often so an automatic might do it much better than a human. We will know more once people put more miles on their cars.
If you favor drag racing, the A10 might be the better option. If you favor road racing, a manual allows you to plan your gear however a paddle shifter could allow much the same. I am not going to say which is better because that is unique to each person.

Q6543

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1993 fox
Kelltrac posted 4.3 stock 87 octane on a tire MT82 car.

Change the tire out if it’s that important, I am going to do that also.

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet

This isnt looking to bad either.

Katastrophe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14' Honda Civic EX; 14' Honda VFR800 DLX
OP - Don't forget that these cars are tricky to get off the line. They have long gears, with an engine that loves to rev and does it's best at high RPM. That combination requires some serious skill to get the best out of the car...and/or unfortunately, more clutch slip or wheel spin to keep from bogging.

Take note of C&D's recent test of the Dark Horse. The 0-60 time was 4.1 seconds, but the 5-60 time (aka a rolling start) was almost a second slower at 5 seconds. The Camaro (or Challenger), for example, have times that are separated by a tenth or two. That's just the advantage of displacement/low-end torque.

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Seeing …

I know times aren't everything…

.. but I chose to order this car as I thought

..my times I got in my

I regularly hit high 4's - low 5's in a 21 auto RT, so assumed

I refuse to believe that a manual with +100 hp and hundreds of pounds lighter pulls worse times than a 21 auto Challenger.
Maybe it’s them not you.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Mazda MX5 ND2 30th anniversary

This isnt looking to bad either.
However 5-6mph slower @201m compared to what I had in my 18 EU GT (with an A10 though) . And the EU GT has 10hp and 40-50NM less than a 18 US GT...

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
However 5-6mph slower @201m compared to what I had in my 18 EU GT (with an A10 though) . And the EU GT has 10hp and 40-50NM less than a 18 US GT...
Of course the auto is faster. No one is arguing that. If ultimate speed is your thing, buy an auto or a EV. Comparing manual Mustangs, I don't think the S650 is bad. Certainly the DH isn't. If you look at the 1 foot figure (which most professional outfits use these days) in that video, he did a 4.1s.
I'll happily sacrifice half a second 0-60 for the fun of having a manual. Of course each to their own. Buy what you like and enjoy.
What you might also see is people posting crappy GT 0-60s in base cars. Those have skinny crappy tyres so fix that for a start.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Of course the auto is faster. No one is arguing that. If ultimate speed is your thing, buy an auto or a EV. Comparing manual Mustangs, I don't think the S650 is bad. Certainly the DH isn't. If you look at the 1 foot figure (which most professional outfits use these days) in that video, he did a 4.1s.
I'll happily sacrifice half a second 0-60 for the fun of having a manual. Of course each to their own. Buy what you like and enjoy.
What you might also see is people posting crappy GT 0-60s in base cars. Those have skinny crappy tyres so fix that for a start.
I am not arguing which is faster/quicker(M6/A10) but a car that is supposed to have 50hp more and have more torque should not be up to 6 mph slower@201m (which is quite substantial) irrespective of transmission. But let's see when there are more A10s getting som times in and better weather and then more conclusions can be drawn. The driver of the DH is shifting very well though

Already have a manual car(and an EV) btw neither being quick or fast :p

Last edited:

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Are EVs really faster than ICEs?

bfets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No Mustang yet
I am not arguing which is faster/quicker(M6/A10) but a car that is supposed to have 50hp more and have more torque should not be up to 6 mph slower@201m (which is quite substantial) irrespective of transmission. But let's see when there are more A10s getting som times in and better weather and then more conclusions can be drawn. The driver of the DH is shifting very well though

Already have a manual car(and an EV) btw neither being quick or fast :p
The other component as you'd know is the ratios. That Tremec should have shorter gears than the mt82. I think 1:1 is 5th in the Tremec compared to 4th for the MT82.
New cars are a little heavier as well.

Like you say, it's early days. We will see and know more as we get more data.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
The other component as you'd know is the ratios. That Tremec should have shorter gears than the mt82. I think 1:1 is 5th in the Tremec compared to 4th for the MT82.
New cars are a little heavier as well.

Like you say, it's early days. We will see and know more as we get more data.
The way I see it the DH with the tremec(and it has or at least had shorter gears in the M1) and 3:73 (which the car in the vid has) should be the quickest combo of the M6 combinations.
Sponsored