• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!!

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Certain people a on team dud until tuning becomes available and we see what the car can really do.

If you can’t Twin turbo it and run 7s it’s a dud to a lot of mustangs core base.
Prob is its the same engine except for twin intakes, when tuning is available its gonna react the same as s550 engine, but the car is heavier so it's gonna take more to go what a s550 has mod for mod.
Sponsored

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
89 Mustang GT Vert , 2024 Mustang GT Vert
Lol 1/10 is in realm of anything can effect it. You got stock S550 trapping 3-4 mph higher and 3 to 5 quicker in the quarter mile. We already have videos up of stock s550 racing S650 and it's beating it down by a car length. A new model should be getting faster not stay stagnant or is considerably slower. Perfect example JPC 2024 gt went 11.77 it took the car being gutted, drag breaks and ethanol.
Yea, I have been hearing some things about the automatic cars. I'm speaking from a manual perspective. Motor Trend was able to beat a manual S550 GT as well. The S650 was tied in 0-60 but a little faster in the 1/4 mile than the S550 as far as manuals go. Automatics might be a different story with break in, learning shift points or whatever else is going on with them but I avoid automatics so I won't speak on them as far as S550 vs S650 goes. All of these cars were manuals in this comparison.

S650 Mustang So whats the general thoughts on 7gen Dud or Stud!!! 1694369716451

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Yea, I have been hearing some things about the automatic cars. I'm speaking from a manual perspective. Motor Trend was able to beat a manual S550 GT as well. The S650 was tied in 0-60 but a little faster in the 1/4 mile than the S550 as far as manuals go. Automatics might be a different story with break in, learning shift points or whatever else is going on with them but I avoid automatics so I won't speak on them as far as S550 vs S650 goes. All of these cars were manuals in this comparison.

1694369716451.png
I agree with the manual comparison, which I am looking at now specifically for a DH without a 20k markup, I test drove a manual GT was real nice but I could feel the weight compared to a S550. I am currently a A10 whipple s550. Autowise these cars should be 11s right out if the box to be somewhat impressive. The problem is the prise these cars are now don't meet what the performance should be. I firmly believe the DH should of been what the gt should be.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia stinger and hyundai tucson hybrid
Lol 1/10 is in realm of anything can effect it. You got stock S550 trapping 3-4 mph higher and 3 to 5 quicker in the quarter mile. We already have videos up of stock s550 racing S650 and it's beating it down by a car length. A new model should be getting faster not stay stagnant or is considerably slower. Perfect example JPC 2024 gt went 11.77 it took the car being gutted, drag breaks and ethanol.
What do video did you see? The one I saw the s550 was not stock sounding at all. And I've seen 10a s650 vs 6m s650. So im not seeing many videos yet. Just heard the 10r80 were giving people issues which is what they did last time. There is a break-in with the 10r80, It takes 2k for a 10r80 to even learn to shift correctly. My friend was losing to other s550's because he didnt break in his transmission correctly by a good bit. He took it to the dealer and they said its a breakin period for them to learn how to shift and its limiting power in gearing. So im not expecting the car to preform without being broken in. I call bs on that one video I saw just because i want to see what cars they are. I'll save my judgment until 2025 summer time. Last I checked the s550 was slow too until they did a software update after it was released 😂.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I agree with the manual comparison, which I am looking at now specifically for a DH without a 20k markup, I test drove a manual GT was real nice but I could feel the weight compared to a S550. I am currently a A10 whipple s550. Autowise these cars should be 11s right out if the box to be somewhat impressive. The problem is the prise these cars are now don't meet what the performance should be. I firmly believe the DH should of been what the gt should be.
That part I agree on it should be 500 for the gt. And 530 for the DH. Tbh people are still learning the cars so it's hard to tell what all restrictions are on the car that are removable. So im going to wait 2 yrs and see what everyone find. And how people feel about the car now. These are the same growing pain the s550 caused and went through so im guess its the same issue now. Only with more epa restrictions.

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
What do video did you see? The one I saw the s550 was not stock sounding at all. And I've seen 10a s650 vs 6m s650. So im not seeing many videos yet. Just heard the 10r80 were giving people issues which is what they did last time. There is a break-in with the 10r80, It takes 2k for a 10r80 to even learn to shift correctly. My friend was losing to other s550's because he didnt break in his transmission correctly by a good bit. He took it to the dealer and they said its a breakin period for them to learn how to shift and its limiting power in gearing. So im not expecting the car to preform without being broken in. I call bs on that one video I saw just because i want to see what cars they are. I'll save my judgment until 2025 summer time. Last I checked the s550 was slow too until they did a software update after it was released 😂.
It's the tq management that's killing it, not a break in the a10 learns real quick. Whatever ford changed in tq management from 21-23 cars their applying it hear but a bit worse.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
That part I agree on it should be 500 for the gt. And 530 for the DH. Tbh people are still learning the cars so it's hard to tell what all restrictions are on the car that are removable. So im going to wait 2 yrs and see what everyone find. And how people feel about the car now. These are the same growing pain the s550 caused and went through so im guess its the same issue now. Only with more epa restrictions.
I think I'm in a wait and see pattern as well. If I like the refresh in 3 years or so I might trade in on a special hi-po model before then possibly but if not I will be modifying the hell out of this thing based on the better combinations out there. I would assume not to void the warranty for now anyways. Hoping Ford drops a tune that is worthwhile and won't void the warranty at some point. I heard they have one and it's just waiting on carb certification. The last performance pack added over 40lbs of torque down low on the S550. That is mostly what I would be interested in.

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
My biggest gripe and it's not even about performance.. no gt car should ever touch 60k even all optioned out. The DH is touching gt500 money and that's absolutely nuts hell even with ADM ur talking m3-m4 money. And we all are praying for Tuning hell we might not get it and if we do it could be a few years wich I am praying is not the case.

Upacurb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R 2019 Roush F150 2020 Explorer
It's the tq management that's killing it, not a break in the a10 learns real quick. Whatever ford changed in tq management from 21-23 cars their applying it hear but a bit worse.

100% this- I have owned 2 10A cars and neither had a break in period on the transmission- after the first 100 miles it was full send - neither got any faster after 1000 miles or anything like that

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My biggest gripe and it's not even about performance.. no gt car should ever touch 60k even all optioned out. The DH is touching gt500 money and that's absolutely nuts hell even with ADM ur talking m3-m4 money. And we all are praying for Tuning hell we might not get it and if we do it could be a few years wich I am praying is not the case.
Yeah the cost of the car is alot. But unfortunately I saw where it's on point with the competition unfortunately. I was shopping for a supra, m3/m4, and a z.. all were 75k plus. The m3 the way I wanted it was 95k so 120k after fees, taxes, and adm. I drove one and it was fast but it was all I could say was damn it's quick af. After that, the excitement died down lol. I have a kia stinger and got it during markup times. So im jumping ship to a v8 and if my dealer doesn't mark it up... its a win gor me. These are the times we live in car wise.. cars have been slowly increasing with the times and wages have not increased. I think that is the root of all the issues. Everything had increased in the US but wages.

Lastoutlaw_21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think I'm in a wait and see pattern as well. If I like the refresh in 3 years or so I might trade in on a special hi-po model before then possibly but if not I will be modifying the hell out of this thing based on the better combinations out there. I would assume not to void the warranty for now anyways. Hoping Ford drops a tune that is worthwhile and won't void the warranty at some point. I heard they have one and it's just waiting on carb certification. The last performance pack added over 40lbs of torque down low on the S550. That is mostly what I would be interested in.
Yeah the torque is what's lacking it seems. I believe the 20 hp can offset some weight up top. But torque will get you out the hole faster. That's what's lacking. If I like the DH, I will keep it and get a 500 when it comes out. Probably in the last 2 yrs of the stang. I might get the preformance pack but I want to stay NA for awhile. I'm use to turbo cars so I want to experience an NA v8.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
Who fucking cares.... I didn't order the car to track it or drag race. Not everyone cares about a 1/10 of a sec or 2 mph in the 1/4 mile.

mustangflanagan

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Who fucking cares.... I didn't order the car to track it or drag race. Not everyone cares about a 1/10 of a sec or 2 mph in the 1/4 mile.
It's more about the car being inferior to the outgoing model in terms of performance it's a lesser vehicle for more money period.

5.0S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Lol 1/10 is in realm of anything can effect it. You got stock S550 trapping 3-4 mph higher and 3 to 5 quicker in the quarter mile. We already have videos up of stock s550 racing S650 and it's beating it down by a car length. A new model should be getting faster not stay stagnant or is considerably slower.
If s550's were really trapping 3-4mph faster you'd see a lot more than 1 car length difference. Just wondering what are you guys calling "stock s550 times"? Glory runs at -1500-0 da in mid of winter? Or da like what all the s650's are running in right now (3000-3500)? Because if you are calling 11.8-12.0@118-120 "stock s550 times" You are talking about insanely low da glory runs. And you are going to need to wait a while to compare s650 to those conditions.

Number's I've seen people do could very much become those kind of numbers with that much da drop.

ThreePedalPlow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's more about the car being inferior to the outgoing model in terms of performance it's a lesser vehicle for more money period.
But it's more money for a car that is slightly faster and has more technology. It is that way as far as the manual cars are concerned. Not sure what is up with the automatics.
Sponsored