• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

dfwford

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium
This is a great example of modern screens in a much more stylish design. It looks like an automobile dash rather than a work cubicle.

Kia pulled off a better look in a freaking SUV than Ford did in a performance car. It's still too generic for a Mustang but looks nice for a family hauler.

1000003771.jpg

Cadillac also put a better styled modern dash than the S650 in an SUV. Ford could have done better.

1000003772.jpg
What's funny is I think Ford did a pretty nice job with integrating the Infotainment Screen and Gauge on the 6G Ranger.
Sponsored

Snakeman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
24 GT Vert, 2011 Shelby GT500 Vert, 2020 BMW X5
This is a great example of modern screens in a much more stylish design. It looks like an automobile dash rather than a work cubicle.

Kia pulled off a better look in a freaking SUV than Ford did in a performance car. It's still too generic for a Mustang but looks nice for a family hauler.

1000003771.jpg

Cadillac also put a better styled modern dash than the S650 in an SUV. Ford could have done better.

1000003772.jpg
I agree after driving my BMW 2024 M440i loaner I do not like the very similar screens. Zero style and design compared to the previous BMW dash screens, looks like an afterthought glued on a flat dashboard. Incule the lack of any buttons except volume for AC or media it's a frustrating navigation nightmare. My expectations and excitement for my new GT suck now! Welcome to the future I guess.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens Screenshot_20230701-131657_Google

DevilDog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT on order
To be honest, I have mixed emotions about it. I'm older (mid 70's) and I guess I'm more accustomed to some of the older technology. I'm sure our 6-year old grand daughter will be able to explain it to me. 😉

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
By 2030, the whole instrumental panel argument will be moot. There won't be any because of voice recognition will be adopted for all new vehicles.

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
Honestly do not like it at all
If they gave it some shape or even sectioned off the gauge cluster I'd be more about it. iE Audi /vw etc. but the screens look just like that, my pc screens at work that I look at 8 hours a day. If there was more shape I could work with it.
Audi😢just got rid of this. 2022 A5 that baby moved! Had 7000 miles on it.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens IMG_2640

Stratman397

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jeep grand Cherokee, 2006 rubicon
To be honest, I have mixed emotions about it. I'm older (mid 70's) and I guess I'm more accustomed to some of the older technology. I'm sure our 6-year old grand daughter will be able to explain it to me. 😉
Got that right. I am 66 and like things plain and simple. I have 6 grands and a great grandson. I usually get the 13 year olds or 8 y.o to work things for me. 🙄

Zig

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt pp, Xt5 Sprt, c6 f55, 1500 z71, fatboy, sprtstr
Would have preferred if they left physical buttons and knobs for the creature comforts (a/c, heat, vented/heated seats, defrost, etc) and added a hands-free (not voice) touch screen navigation/control (to help keep the smudgy fingers off the center screen) for the stuff that’s stuck in a (multi touch) screen.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium
I agree after driving my BMW 2024 M440i loaner I do not like the very similar screens. Zero style and design compared to the previous BMW dash screens, looks like an afterthought glued on a flat dashboard. Incule the lack of any buttons except volume for AC or media it's a frustrating navigation nightmare. My expectations and excitement for my new GT suck now! Welcome to the future I guess.

Screenshot_20230701-131657_Google.jpg
I rented a 2023 BMW 330i and the screens are very limited and boring especially the gauge cluster

Firsttexan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 GT 500 PP, Past'13 GT500,98 GT,'92 LX 5.0 5spd
Now that dust has settled and it's in the publics hands.

The whole car is a disappointment to me. Styling sucks IMO. Inside and out! Interior looks thrown together. As has been said many times, Camaroesque. I was hoping one of their performance packages would change my mind. Nope. Maybe the Shelby version will be better. If they have one. Ford of the present and future is losing me after 35+ years. Not real fond of the trucks either. Any Ford I buy will regress in years. No more new ones for me. This site won't be of much use to me. Back to mustang6.

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

The whole car is a disappointment to me. Styling sucks IMO. Inside and out! Interior looks thrown together. As has been said many times, Camaroesque. I was hoping one of their performance packages would change my mind. Nope. Maybe the Shelby version will be better. If they have one. Ford of the present and future is losing me after 35+ years. Not real fond of the trucks either. Any Ford I buy will regress in years. No more new ones for me. This site won't be of much use to me. Back to mustang6.
Now that the dust has settled and its in the publics hands.....

The whole car is fantastic to me. Love the styling and the interior is the reason I did not buy another S550 with the outdated interior.......blah blah blah. I had walked away from another Mustang until the 2024 came out with all the fantastic upgrades to exterior, interior and performance. I'm 57 about to be 58 and I've had a Mustang since I was 18. I had my last Mustang in 2021 when I switched to Dodge because the Mustang became the S550 rehashed between 2015 to 2023. I'm glad I'll be back in the Mustang fold with the new 2024 that I have ordered.

Last edited:

goodlettjr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

Point to where it hurts ➡

RJV15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic Si

Im sure Ford realized that they would lose some customers with the design choices they made.
They'll also gain alot of new customers with they updates design.

I wouldn't even consider a Mustang with the old interior.

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT

So true. I wish Ford just said fuck it and axed the Mustang instead of having to jump through hoops to give us a V8 in the age of EV’s. Screw you ford!

Back2Gas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Im sure Ford realized that they would lose some customers with the design choices they made.
They'll also gain alot of new customers with they updates design.

I wouldn't even consider a Mustang with the old interior.
They gained an EV driver; I'm trading in my EV for a GT. The screens and updated tech reeled me in.

Last edited:

unfairslide

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT Premium

Bye bye 👋
Sponsored