• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package

IceGamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW G20 330d xdrive
Kansi makes Maserati's digital instrument panel. Visteon makes Ford's digital instrument panel. It's like comparing a Maserati to a Ford in quality.
Both like cheap interiors?

Maseratis sound fantastic and they have a very unique design but the overall quality is poor compared to its price.

budman00000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 C8 2021 Kia Telluride 2021 Tucson and 06 350z
Actually I like it, leaning toward 2024 vs leftover 2023 because of the interior change

Tonystark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang 4-Turbo w/Pony package
Actually I like it, leaning toward 2024 vs leftover 2023 because of the interior change
There is now new hope to find a dodo bird out the somewhere 😀 .

Rag

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550
Not a fan, why. a few reasons, reaching them to touch the screen and scroll through pages to do anything, The lag. The fact that you can't adjust it , like your rear view mirror so you can see it once you set your seat placement, My finger tips are callused from work and guitar playing and touch screens don't play nice with them. Even in the s550 I have to reach to touch the screen . gloves also make them useless.

UrbanAlaska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Awkward timing for Ford.

The Glorious Return of a Humble Car Feature - Automakers are starting to admit that drivers hate touchscreens. Buttons are back! - Slate

The touchscreen pullback is the result of consumer backlash, not the enactment of overdue regulations or an awakening of corporate responsibility. Many drivers want buttons, not screens, and they’ve given carmakers an earful about it. Auto executives have long brushed aside safety concerns about their complex displays—and all signs suggest they would have happily kept doing so. But their customers are revolting, which has forced them to pay attention.

Smaaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda Accord
Honestly, if I designed the interior for my own s650 it would look like the 1964.5 mustang, including the manual window cranks and door locks. That interior with 486hp would make me 😊.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150

93-Oct Mayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Mustang GT
Crap article. It doesn't site any actual metrics to back up its claim of consumer backlash. At the conclusion they admit that some car makers (like Mercedes) are increasing the number of screens, then anecdotally mentions a few makers that never had advanced infotainment systems in the majority of their cars to begin with

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It doesn't site any actual metrics to back up its claim of consumer backlash.
they don't teach citations and factual reasoning in Journalism school for the past 20 years. You are supposed to *BELIEVE*, just believe.

UrbanAlaska

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang Mach 1
Crap article. It doesn't site any actual metrics to back up its claim of consumer backlash. At the conclusion they admit that some car makers (like Mercedes) are increasing the number of screens, then anecdotally mentions a few makers that never had advanced infotainment systems in the majority of their cars to begin with
I encourage anyone taking your comment at face value to read the article themselves. :)

VW, Porsche, Nissan, Honda, and Hyundai are all backing away from the full iPad/Tesla trend to varying degrees. That's significant. The numerous studies cited in the article about the safety issues are also significant.

Cheers.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Digital news media outlets like SLATE (like everyone else) sometimes get their facts wrong, but most of their stories are based on facts. BTW, most news stories do not mention their source material in their stories unless it's a direct quote.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW, Porsche, Nissan, Honda, and Hyundai are all backing away from the full iPad/Tesla trend to varying degrees.
indeed. I will praise the heavens when "Simpsons Apple did it" doesn't immediately lead to brain-dead, unthinking copycats.
The numerous studies cited in the article about the safety issues are also significant.
Which as the article pointed out didn't slow any of the Tablet-design adopters an iota. Tesla = hip, QED everything Tesla does = Hip. And if we (Ford) want to be hip, we have to do the same thing.

No, no, no, and no. But Marketing and C-suites is staffed by imbeciles and NPCs. It's in the job description.

Mercedes too will rue their day at some point.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
indeed. I will praise the heavens when "Simpsons Apple did it" doesn't immediately lead to brain-dead, unthinking copycats.

Which as the article pointed out didn't slow any of the Tablet-design adopters an iota. Tesla = hip, QED everything Tesla does = Hip. And if we (Ford) want to be hip, we have to do the same thing.

No, no, no, and no. But Marketing and C-suites is staffed by imbeciles and NPCs. It's in the job description.

Mercedes too will rue their day at some point.
Are you inferring 86 extended Ford family (including Bill Ford) members are "imbeciles and NPCs"? They owned all of Ford's Class "b" stock while Bill Ford owns 20.3 million total shares of stock. I don't think anyone outside of the Ford family has any authority to make decisions unless the Ford family blesses it.

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you inferring 86 extended Ford family (including Bill Ford) members are "imbeciles and NPCs"? They owned all of Ford's Class "b" stock while Bill Ford owns 20.3 million total shares of stock. I don't think anyone outside of the Ford family has any authority to make decisions unless the Ford family blesses it.
that this 'screen' fiasco got past however many Ford's is yes an indictment of their acumen. Hell, Ford being the worst run of the Detroit 3 is hardly a secret and has been true for decades.

I rather doubt any Ford had a clear veto on the 6.5Gen Mustang getting digital screen or retained the previous design philosophy.

In fact I'd be more surprised a Ford did NOT interject their "we gotta be more modern, gotta rope in the kids, what do kids do these days? why bury their noses in tablets and play computer games. Let's do that. Let's put games in vehicles. Plus Tesla is doing it, so it must be right."

If the Fords' were so hands on, you'd think the launch and production debacles wouldn't be one after another after another.
Sponsored

Last edited: