• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
Awww no love for the Stinger? Not my cup of tea but was seen by many as a good entry level performance sedan. Excellent tuning potential too.

The screen was redesigned so it was larger but more integrated than the previous 'in your eye' incantation.

1674964606258.png

1674964437245.png
The frame around the screen on the Hyundai IONIQ 6 looks like it uses combat-grade materials and goes all the way across (from the driver's door to the right edge of the Infotainment center). It blends in with the dash and does not look like an afterthought.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens Iconic 6 dash
Sponsored

Evo1986

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT - 55 years edition Kona Blue AT
The frame around the screen on the Hyundai IONIQ 6 looks like it uses combat-grade materials and goes all the way across (from the driver's door to the right edge of the Infotainment center). It blends in with the dash and does not look like an afterthought.

Iconic 6 dash.png
A portable club :D

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Dash from the outside looking in, probably angle you would walk by and look in.
Screenshot_20230203_221224_YouTube.jpg
Not sure why I never paid attention to this but from this angle, I'm really not offended by the screens. And subjectively, this looks better than a lot of tacked on screens we see from the outside.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I keep going back and forth on the screen.
I can't decide if I like it or hate it
Here is a 2024 Mercedes screen. I would have loved it if the Ford family (all 2000 of them) got off their purse strings and went with this style. If they dropped the sponsorship of Ford Field for four years, they could afford it.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 2024 mercedes interior

Blueberrystang2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT manual
Here is a 2024 Mercedes screen. I would have loved it if the Ford family (all 2000 of them) got off their purse strings and went with this style. If they dropped the sponsorship of Ford Field for four years, they could afford it.

2024 mercedes interior.jpg
There’s too many old heads that ford is trying to keep happy to do that, like I told everyone before Ford is holding alot back to make everyone happy just giving enough tech to keep the younger generation happy but not too much to piss off the old heads

shogun32

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT+PP, SS+1LE, 2020 F150
Here is a 2024 Mercedes screen.

2024 mercedes interior.jpg
I have to say Merc interior designers have lost the plot of late. But you're right, it's not quite as bad as Ford's 5 minute effort.

I'm just waiting for someone to just copy Star Trek NG consoles.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have to say Merc interior designers have lost the plot of late. But you're right, it's not quite as bad as Ford's 5 minute effort.

I'm just waiting for someone to just copy Star Trek NG consoles.
They did. They are shown on the closing credits to Star Trek: Picard Season 3.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
The DISPLAY should NEVER interfere with the cowl or you vision... the instrument cluster should not obstruct your vision and have zero inference with visibility out the front window. (mach-e suffers badly from this)

Why is the display so high up? And not at the more natural sightline of traditional instruments?