• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

Mastermind46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Nissan Xterra, 2001 Chevy Silverado
not everyone will agree with you and it dosnt make them boomers kiddo. Not everyone wants screens in a car you can have your opinion and others can have theirs. Audi /VW actually put effort into the design and it came out great
No it did not... The MKVIII golf is pretty terrible. Like the capacitive touch steering wheel buttons and everything hidden in separate menus is really bad.

At least Ford seems to have put HVAC controls always on at the bottom of the screen.

I posted on one of these threads about my experience in my buddies Ram 1500 Limited. That massive center stack was a LOT to get used to and be able to operate safely. But after a couple of hours on a road trip I started to really appreciate the tech. That is what I am hoping for on the S650 mustang.
Sponsored

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
There is some next level boomer-ing goin on here lol.
Hmmm and yet...the very concept was brought to you by 'boomers'. Follow them for more design tips etc.

Although to be fair this dash is much more integrated than the one in the S650 :giggle:

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1674863076376

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
No it did not... The MKVIII golf is pretty terrible. Like the capacitive touch steering wheel buttons and everything hidden in separate menus is really bad.

At least Ford seems to have put HVAC controls always on at the bottom of the screen.

I posted on one of these threads about my experience in my buddies Ram 1500 Limited. That massive center stack was a LOT to get used to and be able to operate safely. But after a couple of hours on a road trip I started to really appreciate the tech. That is what I am hoping for on the S650 mustang.
I'm not referencing the entire interface software or feedback buttons I'm saying the actual design on the screen bezel and screen shape integration to the dash (obviously). Not steering wheel buttons or captive touch or whatever else you said here. For instance Audi s3 screen design integration to the dash, specifically. It's way too soon to be talking software discussion when we barely have anything from that.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Interesting observation, the big central screen is what put me off the Next Gen Ranger which IIRC is lower-set than the Ram. I appreciated the benefits from a tech perspective but the bottom of the screen just seemed too low for me to be comfortable with accessing anything down there particularly after looking at the road on a bright day, adjusting eyes to the light levels, and looking so far away from the road for longer than I wanted. To be fair I only drove it for a half hour or so but it was an instant impression. At least it was integrated.

I want to eventually like the new dash and hence can't wait to drive an S650. But as Kia found out the hard way not so long ago with the Stinger (RIP), big 'stuck on' screens don't appeal to the target market and hence revised that feature in later models. Clearly Ford decided they do or felt that they needed to keep up with the Joneses (and VAGs, and BMWs, and Mercs) while the likes of Porsche and Nissan didn't.

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
To be fair, the stinger had a lot more against it than the stuck on screens. Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't they keep the screen and only made it bigger in later years? Was there some other design change to the interior that I missed?

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
Just watched stangmodes new Dark horse video, and that new dash technology looks laggy as all get out. 🤮

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
To be fair, the stinger had a lot more against it than the stuck on screens. Maybe I'm missing something, but didn't they keep the screen and only made it bigger in later years? Was there some other design change to the interior that I missed?
Awww no love for the Stinger? Not my cup of tea but was seen by many as a good entry level performance sedan. Excellent tuning potential too.

The screen was redesigned so it was larger but more integrated than the previous 'in your eye' incantation.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1674964606258

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1674964437245

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
Awww no love for the Stinger? Not my cup of tea but was seen by many as a good entry level performance sedan. Excellent tuning potential too.

The screen was redesigned so it was larger but more integrated than the previous 'in your eye' incantation.

1674964606258.png

1674964437245.png
I love the stinger, just didn't happen for me lol. But looks to be at the same level to me, a smoother design but not really integrated better imo. I think the smaller bezels and wider screen leads to that look. The beginning screen choice was dated before it hit lots.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 2020 GT350

1674964606258.png

1674964437245.png
really hard to put my finger on it but this interior always looked good in photos, but after sitting in one, it just lacked an x factor. like super generic without a specific personality. I never found an emotional click. it was always a "ooh that's cool, go kia" kind of car that never made it to my short list

GoodLuckChuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Fusion
really hard to put my finger on it but this interior always looked good in photos, but after sitting in one, it just lacked an x factor. like super generic without a specific personality. I never found an emotional click. it was always a "ooh that's cool, go kia" kind of car that never made it to my short list
Same with me, didn't help that the dealership I looked at weren't the most welcoming either. Didn't make me want to look further.

OP
OP
KAlexander

KAlexander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F350 CCLB Plat, 2018 GT350, 20 ZX6R, 20 ZX10R
Just watched stangmodes new Dark horse video, and that new dash technology looks laggy as all get out. 🤮
I'm not sure why but I can't stand the guy. I want to like him but I just don't. Maybe it's the clickbait over the years.

SuperZaynn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Lexus IS350 F Sport DHP 2021 Mustang GT CS
I'm not sure why but I can't stand the guy. I want to like him but I just don't. Maybe it's the clickbait over the years.
ONLY reason i watched because of the 2024 mustang. i dont usually watch his videos

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2007 GT Coupe
Like others I'm not too happy with the "let's just slap the screens on the front of the dash, and be done. It's break time" idea. Heck, I'm older than most here, and probably won't utilize the screens to their fullest anyway. But, I know I'm not the demographic Ford had in mind when the screens were designed, and I'm OK with that. Everyone will have their time in that bucket one day. :)
Sponsored