• Welcome to Mustang7G!

If you're joining us from Mustang6G, then you may already have an account here!

As long as you were registered on Mustang6G as of March 10, 2021 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens

Jjr36011

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 XLT
I like it and I am excited to sit in it. I believe manual for the old school user interaction plus the digital everywhere is gonna make for a great combo overall personally.

And everything looks ergonomic. I use a tablet daily for work and have the 12 inch in my f150 so I am right at home.
Sponsored

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
Are you inferring 86 extended Ford family (including Bill Ford) members are "imbeciles and NPCs"? They owned all of Ford's Class "b" stock while Bill Ford owns 20.3 million total shares of stock. I don't think anyone outside of the Ford family has any authority to make decisions unless the Ford family blesses it.
Isn't it obvious?? I have family who worked at Ford when Little Billy was CEO. Imbecile seems about right. They've also done a nice job with the Detroit Lions. :)

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
that this 'screen' fiasco got past however many Ford's is yes an indictment of their acumen. Hell, Ford being the worst run of the Detroit 3 is hardly a secret and has been true for decades.
If the Fords' were so hands on, you'd think the launch and production debacles wouldn't be one after another after another.
...or not.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
Isn't it obvious?? I have family who worked at Ford when Little Billy was CEO. Imbecile seems about right. They've also done a nice job with the Detroit Lions. :)
They had Barry Sanders.......

Barry Sanders.

bloominguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '22 5BW, '95 Integra, '94 VFR, '04 SV
They had Barry Sanders.......

Barry Sanders.
They drove Barry Sanders to retire early.
And Calvin Johnson to retire early.
Both players said, screw it, I'd rather quit then play for the Lions.

Also, you don't have to tell me about Barry Sanders. I'm a Packers fan. Think about the 1989 draft.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_NFL_Draft

Packers pick Tony Mandarich with the #2 pick. Seriously.

Then, right after that, who was picked? That's right, Barry Sanders. Derrick Thomas (fantastic linebacker). And Deion Sanders. Packers screwed up that draft! Four Hall of Famers ... and Tony (steroid boy) Mandarich.

KINGKONA

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1/AE/MAGNERIDE
They drove Barry Sanders to retire early.
And Calvin Johnson to retire early.
Both players said, screw it, I'd rather quit then play for the Lions.

Also, you don't have to tell me about Barry Sanders. I'm a Packers fan. Think about the 1989 draft.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1989_NFL_Draft

Packers pick Tony Mandarich with the #2 pick. Seriously.

Then, right after that, who was picked? That's right, Barry Sanders. Derrick Thomas (fantastic linebacker). And Deion Sanders. Packers screwed up that draft! Four Hall of Famers ... and Tony (steroid boy) Mandarich.
That's all very true....

Might I add, Deion Sanders was the greatest player ever.

That's right.....Deion MFing Sanders......was the greatest player ever.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1682714327476

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
It's not how I'd have done the interior. Me? I'd have simply enlarged the 2 screens in the S550, keep them integrated into the dash and keep the double brow and circular air vents. I'm a sucker for the classic style.

That being said, the interior wouldn't be a deal breaker for me and I'm sure when you're sat in the car, it'll be much more agreeable.
Just look at how many folks purchased the new style Camaro, and it definitely had a crappy instrument panel.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I like screens , but maybe one longer screen that is molded into the width of the entire dash as one monolithic piece. It would be expensive and add to already quickly growing costs.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Velocity Blue Mach 1
I like screens , but maybe one longer screen that is molded into the width of the entire dash as one monolithic piece. It would be expensive and add to already quickly growing costs.
I’m waiting for the screens to become like the removable face car stereos. Take your tablet from the office to your dashboard and in the house. Solution resolves some theft concerns all in one design.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
I’m waiting for the screens to become like the removable face car stereos. Take your tablet from the office to your dashboard and in the house. Solution resolves some theft concerns all in one design.
Interesting thought. Repo Tow rigs can steal any car in seconds without starting them.

lcbrownz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Mustang Vert w/pony package
If Ford reduced its advertising budget on its trucks (which is $1k by per vehicle) by 2% and transferred that money to the Ford auto division (Mustang), it could create more money for a better display system. Since trucks and SUVs are Ford's moneymaker, the chances of that happening are nil to none.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe, 2013 Honda CR-V, 2009 Ford Fusion
Here is a 2024 Mercedes screen. I would have loved it if the Ford family (all 2000 of them) got off their purse strings and went with this style. If they dropped the sponsorship of Ford Field for four years, they could afford it.

2024 mercedes interior.jpg
This is a great example of modern screens in a much more stylish design. It looks like an automobile dash rather than a work cubicle.

Kia pulled off a better look in a freaking SUV than Ford did in a performance car. It's still too generic for a Mustang but looks nice for a family hauler.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1000003771

Cadillac also put a better styled modern dash than the S650 in an SUV. Ford could have done better.

S650 Mustang What are your thoughts on the interior of the S650? Specifically the screens 1000003772

Jrws1014

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I agree...I love the screens. Tech turns me on but it just felt like an afterthought that they threw those screens in there. I do love the vents - very Foxbody-esque.
I also agree with possibly customizable use for the future when they unlock the computer and let us use it for boost gauges or something.
The vents were a big selling point for me to upgrade my convertible to the s650. The s550 has them so high up that when the tops down you can’t get cooled down if it’s 100+ degrees out. (Yes I know the tops down what do you expect). But that being said I pay for the gas so if I want to run the A/C with the top down I should be able to lol.
Having them lower in the car means the air won’t be sucked right out before it hits you and cools you down a little from the baking sun. But hey we’ll see…
Sponsored